• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Does the lack of national flags at HDB estates serve as a litmus test of the PAP government’s performance?

chittychitty

Alfrescian
Loyal
Today, we will celebrate our 53th National Day Parade at the floating platform. I would like to take this opportunity to sincerely wish all my fellow Singaporeans a very Happy National Day.

Over the last two days, I drove around Singapore to observe the displaying of our national flags by HDB residents from their units. The results were so pathetic when compared with past years’.

Life in Singapore under the present PAP government is tough for so many of our citizens - despite the huge and impressive façade and display that is being put up at the floating platform, an unmistakable reluctance to hang the national flag is the real litmus test, and lest PAP government forgets, our citizens’ well-being is what really matters.

It is obviously a circumstance of style over substance. I don’t need any PAP ministers or PAP scholars or PAP generals to patronize me with fictitious answers.

More at Does the lack of national flags at HDB estates serve as a litmus test of the PAP government’s performance?

Hypocrite-The

Alfrescian
Loyal
Singkies flag hanging is irrelevant to pap perform. No different to attendance at oppo rallies Vs attendance at pap rallies. At the end of the day pap still win. PAP Forever.

glockman

Old Fart
Asset
Of course there are lesser sinkie flags when most of the residents are foreigners and PRs. We are lucky we don't see these:

th
th
th

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset
the fucking PAP had been tearing up the old social fabric ever since they opened up the flood gates all in the name of economic growth.

yes, it draws in the crowd from all corners who yearns for success, and I've got to admit it spurs innovation and injects new stimulations.

at the very same time when the new social identity is not well formed as the host and the migrants had not the time to integrate- too fast and too furious, hence our identity will become that of a dynamic state.

bottom line: don't expect people to be grounded, no one gives the word "loyalty" a flying fuck. :whistling::whistling::whistling:

glockman

Old Fart
Asset
the fucking PAP had been tearing up the old social fabric ever since they opened up the flood gates all in the name of economic growth.

yes, it draws in the crowd from all corners who yearns for success, and I've got to admit it spurs innovation and injects new stimulations.

at the very same time when the new social identity is not well formed as the host and the migrants had not the time to integrate- too fast and too furious, hence our identity will become that of a dynamic state.

bottom line: don't expect people to be grounded, no one gives the word "loyalty" a flying fuck. :whistling::whistling::whistling:
The pap is a fork-tongued and backstabbing party. They have been playing the racial card and yet want social cohesion. They want sinkies to be patriotic yet they give out citizenship and PR like nobody's business. They want us to be loyal to the country, yet most of us do not really own assets in the country. So, why the fuck should sinkies bother with national day and the flag?

iluvgst

Alfrescian
Loyal
singapore cannot be considered a nation. hence national day has no meaning. a nation is a community that is stable and unified. This place is more like a city sized hotel run by a bunch of capitalists whose aim is the enrich themselves by population ponzi scheme; uncontrolled inflow of indians, banglas, pinoys and chinks to destroy the social cohesion of the past.

Kopi0Kosong

Alfrescian
Loyal
How can a government allow its National Flag to be used as a decorative object?
Is it an offence to display more than one National Flag outside one's premises?
Should a National Flag be allowed to be flown at GROUND level or allowed to touch the floor/ground?
If displayed on the exterior of a building, shouldn't it be illuminated at night?

garlic

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
U need to drive or take bus go to nearest CC and pay something like $8 or $10, then go back home, take lift go up, open grille, open window tie and hang properly, otherwise ppl will take photo and stomp. Hang a few days liao, if kena rain or very intense sunshine and the flag fade, u run the risk of kena summon for hanging a faded flag.

So, if don't hang, no need spend money, no risk of kena stomp, no need open grille and feel dizzy and no risk of kena summon. I chose the more relaxed option.

Kopi0Kosong

Alfrescian
Loyal
U need to drive or take bus go to nearest CC and pay something like ...u run the risk of kena summon for hanging a faded flag.

So, if don't hang, no need spend money, no risk of kena stomp, no need open grille and feel dizzy and no risk of kena summon. I chose the more relaxed option.

It's my humble opinion that most Singaporeans have chosen an option which is no different from yours. The general thinking - 'Why bother!'

Semaj2357

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
U need to drive or take bus go to nearest CC and pay something like $8 or $10, then go back home, take lift go up, open grille, open window tie and hang properly, otherwise ppl will take photo and stomp. Hang a few days liao, if kena rain or very intense sunshine and the flag fade, u run the risk of kena summon for hanging a faded flag.

hanor, ever since they replaced the cable ties, I've not hung the flag ever since - no stings attached :cool:

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset
singapore cannot be considered a nation.

managed to see a summary of the playbook for NDP'18.

the narratives speak of migrant workers of the current days bearing semblence of our migrant forefathers- seeking new riches to break away from the shackles of poverty in their "homeland", taking roots here as their new "homeland".

KNN... how many of the PRCs took SG citizenship as a red passport to jump ship? am sure ICA has the records. :FU::FU::FU:

hofmann

Alfrescian
Loyal
They want us to be loyal to the country, yet most of us do not really own assets in the country.

Here are some interesting stats, I think these were 2011 or 12 figures, relatively recent, so wouldn't have changed by much.

Top 20% of households own 75% of nation's wealth.
Next 20% owns around 15%.
Next 40% owns about 10%
Final 20% owns 0.

Despite these uneven wealth distribution figures, the PAP continues to pull off 60+% of the votes.

Amazing.

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
This is a perfectly normal distribution in any developed society so why should it impact upon the PAP's popularity ?

In any normal distribution curve the majority fall within plus/minus one standard deviation.

You can read all about it at https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Normal_distribution

Here are some interesting stats, I think these were 2011 or 12 figures, relatively recent, so wouldn't have changed by much.

Top 20% of households own 75% of nation's wealth.
Next 20% owns around 15%.
Next 40% owns about 10%
Final 20% owns 0.

Despite these uneven wealth distribution figures, the PAP continues to pull off 60+% of the votes.

Amazing.

hofmann

Alfrescian
Loyal
This is a perfectly normal distribution in any developed society so why should it impact upon the PAP's popularity ?

In any normal distribution curve the majority fall within plus/minus one standard deviation.

You can read all about it at https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Normal_distribution

The stats don't form a bell curve. It cannot be described as a normal distribution.

More Pareto distribution, 80-20 rule.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pareto_distribution

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
The stats don't form a bell curve. It cannot be described as a normal distribution.

More Pareto distribution, 80-20 rule.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pareto_distribution

The IQ/EQ of Singapore's inhabitants is a bell curve just like it is in any other country. People rise to whatever level they deserve.

The top tier make the most money while the bottom of the heap make the least. There is absolutely nothing unusual about Singapore's wealth distribution whatsoever.

If everyone was equal or close to equal it would mean something seriously wrong with the system.

hofmann

Alfrescian
Loyal
The IQ/EQ of Singapore's inhabitants is a bell curve just like it is in any other country. People rise to whatever level they deserve.

The top tier make the most money while the bottom of the heap make the least. There is absolutely nothing unusual about Singapore's wealth distribution whatsoever.

If everyone was equal or close to equal it would mean something seriously wrong with the system.

Yes, IQ/EQ falls into normal distribution, but wealth ownership clearly does not.

I am amazed, dumbfounded and awestruck at the Pap's ability to maintain such a large share of the popular vote despite hoarding 75% of the wealth of the nation in the hands of the top 20%.

But now our government is going soft and advocates higher taxes to fund social spending. Next thing you know, they'll be legalizing gay marriages. :thumbsup:

In USA, either side wins with barely half the popular vote at every election.