• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Does the lack of national flags at HDB estates serve as a litmus test of the PAP government’s performance?

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset
I am amazed, dumbfounded and awestruck at the Pap's ability to maintain such a large share of the popular vote despite hoarding 75% of the wealth of the nation in the hands of the top 20%.

you know it's like rokok, it's one for the road :whistling::whistling::whistling:

Fuck the PAP!

glockman

Old Fart
Asset
The IQ/EQ of Singapore's inhabitants is a bell curve just like it is in any other country. People rise to whatever level they deserve.

The top tier make the most money while the bottom of the heap make the least. There is absolutely nothing unusual about Singapore's wealth distribution whatsoever.

If everyone was equal or close to equal it would mean something seriously wrong with the system.
Yes wealth distribution is uneven in societies in most if not all countries. But at least those living in public housing in other countries own their homes in perpetuity if they want to. They can keep their cars forever if they choose to,without being penalised with higher charges. Their less well-off and middle class can actually own assets.

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset
Yes wealth distribution is uneven in societies in most if not all countries. But at least those living in public housing in other countries own their homes in perpetuity if they want to. They can keep their cars forever if they choose to,without being penalised with higher charges. Their less well-off and middle class can actually own assets.

Fuck that Marboky!

glockman

Old Fart
Asset
The stats don't form a bell curve. It cannot be described as a normal distribution.

More Pareto distribution, 80-20 rule.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pareto_distribution
In reality, sinkieland can't be said to be normal at all. It is a totally artificial, government-created society where everything exist in a bubble. Reminds me of the movie "The Truman Show". To lead a small country with big ambition, we need extraordinary leaders with creative solutions. Not this present day bunch of mediocre monkeys demanding and commanding extraordinary wages.

hofmann

Alfrescian
Loyal
In reality, sinkieland can't be said to be normal at all. It is a totally artificial, government-created society where everything exist in a bubble. Reminds me of the movie "The Truman Show". To lead a small country with big ambition, we need extraordinary leaders with creative solutions. Not this present day bunch of mediocre monkeys demanding and commanding extraordinary wages.

Yes it's an amonaly and we should revert to the mean over time unless we have the right social conditions to nurture the next extraordinary leader.

Or maybe the next great leader will hail from overseas beyond these shores.

glockman

Old Fart
Asset
Yes it's an amonaly and we should revert to the mean over time unless we have the right social conditions to nurture the next extraordinary leader.

Or maybe the next great leader will hail from overseas beyond these shores.
Unless daft sinkies can wean themselves off the pap kool-aid and see a candidate for his/her qualities rather than the party he/she is from, the greatest leader on earth would never lead the country.

sweetiepie

Alfrescian
Loyal
KNN hang this flag maybe nobody even notice missing something KNN
idlarge.gif

Kopi0Kosong

Alfrescian
Loyal
KNN hang this flag maybe nobody even notice missing something KNN
View attachment 46069

Is that the new Singapore flag? The crescent is invalid because the country is no longer 'a young nation'? It's more than half a century old. Is it right for a government to disregard the country's earlier years? To most Singaporeans, the 5 STARS are slowing fading away? The ruLEEng LEEders should be for Singaporeans and not just for the LEEders onLEE.

Food for Thought:
Is this your country, my country or OUR country?
MY country is what I see every day, and NOT the picture you have painted.