• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Does PAP really cares about rational and informed Voters choice?

Goh Meng Seng

Alfrescian (InfP) [Comp]
Generous Asset
Hi Cestbon,

The problem is opposition parties are only allowed to get $5000 anonymous donation EACH year. Anything more than that will be confiscated by the government unless there are names with NRIC attached to the donations in excess of the amount.

Goh Meng Seng

One thing if opposition not money they can ask for donation. Just pass around donation box on rally but must count money on the spot or open space to let anyone want to see so cannot cheat donation money and when money enough stop collecting. That what Malaysia DAP is doing.

Goh Meng Seng

Alfrescian (InfP) [Comp]
Generous Asset
The opposition now face a new problem. Since PAP is going to cut GRCs into smaller ones, it would mean that opposition will need to have more Malay and Indian candidates in order to contest all seats.

Goh Meng Seng

Opposition can win 30 seat consider a winner. Hope all opposition work together and put candidate for all seat. That will be next record and more citizen will have chance to vote. To many walk over, some until up lorry(RIP) never vote before.

TeeKee

Alfrescian
Loyal
The opposition now face a new problem. Since PAP is going to cut GRCs into smaller ones, it would mean that opposition will need to have more Malay and Indian candidates in order to contest all seats.

Goh Meng Seng

Have you seen SDP rag tags? Malays are Indians are a plenty...

Relax Lah GMS!! Who will vote for who, already ingrained in their hearts already lah.....one day won't change anything....

unless Jesus appears and asked me to vote PAP....then I must respect His decision, because He always gives the best for me and my family.....

otherwise any oppositions with hearts and mind for the country will get my vote....lagi best if he got basic qualifications...unless he's a crook or a criminal...hehe.. :biggrin:

i mean how hard is it to be opposition? got 10K deposit to spare??

Last edited:

Perspective

Alfrescian
Loyal
Read the lines clearly. GRCs are going to be reduced from 5.4 to 5. In reality calculus this reduction is insignificant and would add one more GRC to the current 14 at the most.

It's just an excuse to redraw electoral boundaries drastically. Anyone should see that.

Last edited:

leetahbar

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi Cestbon,

The problem is opposition parties are only allowed to get $5000 anonymous donation EACH year. Anything more than that will be confiscated by the government unless there are names with NRIC attached to the donations in excess of the amount.

Goh Meng Seng

then don't give cash. GIVE GOLD instead. it's better than cash now:wink:

leetahbar

Alfrescian
Loyal
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goh Meng Seng
I always tell my little daughter that if she always insists in winning each and every games she plays by changing every rules favorable to her, she must well don't play any.

ah seng, winning an electorate is quite different fr ur girl's winning a monopoly game. the former deals with REAL CA$H; the latter is just game paper money. the former shall enrich the encumbent with many lobangs for the next 5 yrs. the latter only gives a momentarily joy of maybe a few minutes and it's GAME OVER.

don't forget the prestige, fortune and recognition that follow after winning an electorate.:wink:

TeeKee

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi Cestbon,

Goh Meng Seng

Aiyah Mad Cow can conduct IT consultation services mah, can excced 10K right?

Like dat also must teach you!! :biggrin:

Always remember!! Stupid laws are written by stupid people!! :biggrin:

Goh Meng Seng

Alfrescian (InfP) [Comp]
Generous Asset
Aiyah Mad Cow can conduct IT consultation services mah, can excced 10K right?

Like dat also must teach you!! :biggrin:

Always remember!! Stupid laws are written by stupid people!! :biggrin:

Sometimes I thought you are mad but you are pretty smart actually. :wink:

Goh Meng Seng

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Now you know why they were courting the Indians like crazy last year with revamped TV channel and many other things that I mentioned. With the Malays they have an agreement.

Goh Meng Seng

Goh Meng Seng

Alfrescian (InfP) [Comp]
Generous Asset
Now you know why they were courting the Indians like crazy last year with revamped TV channel and many other things that I mentioned. With the Malays they have an agreement.

They are definitely consolidating their control and image projection to the Indians and Malays.

It is ok, we will do whatever we can. The ultimate choice lies with Singaporeans. If no one feel the urgency and need to stand up to monopoly of power and extracting accountability from PAP, so be it.

Goh Meng Seng

leetahbar

Alfrescian
Loyal
See your expertise is only in cocks. Does that not confirms your homosexuality? Who don't know the inference of hum chim pand to a cunt which you had probably never seen since, after your successful, through a passage entry into the brightness of this world! lol pondan idiot fuck!

i tot ah seng interests u alot beside the rancid hum chim pan fr abc market.

OverTheCounter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
What if it's the army NSmen who voted against PAP. Cpt. (NS) Goh Meng Seng is planning to stage a coup, you know?

Lee Kuan yew say, if opposition becum govt, spend all d reserve, two years time army gotta cum in to stop it.

meaning CAPTAIN goh meng seng must cum in to stop it. :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Maverick01

Alfrescian
Loyal
If the ruling party lose, it's called a freak election. They must win, otherwise it's freak.

If someone wants to vote for opposition, he must cool down, otherwise he's hotheadeded.

The is your country and government. Learn to live with it, otherwise be a hotheaded freak?

KNN.. thought u up lorry liao???? fake again...

i_am_belle

Alfrescian
Loyal
Prime Minister Lee took the trouble to announce the new electoral rule of "cooling off period" half a globe away recently. The main reason is that PAP is afraid that voters will vote irrationally after being emotionally charged in opposition rallies the day before.

everyday that i live in singapore, i get emotionally charged ... today is saturday and the roads are packed with cars going christmas shopping ... i was on my way to work this afternoon in the bus stuck in a jam, i cursed car-owners plus PAP non-stop ...

ditto when i walk in overcrowded malls, think abt rising costs & stagnant wages, and see the rotten attitude of PAP ministers & their unholy trinity of mm/sm/pm ... i get emotionally charged already, no need to wait for opposition rally ...

opposition rallies & the cooling-off day will simply serve to affirm my determination to leave my footprint on Ah Loong's butt ie. kick him out ...

myfoot123

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Someone who didn't know Mee Siam got no Hum got the cheek to ask Singapaoreans to think rationally.

rainnix

Alfrescian
Loyal
PAP is insulting Singaporeans actually when they say they are afraid of "FREAK ELECTIONS RESULTS" but it seems that Singaporeans didn't really feel offended.

To me, there is no such thing as "FREAK ELECTIONS RESULTS" because it is the collective will of Singaporeans. Singaporeans aren't FREAKS that created such result, what FREAK ELECTIONS RESULTS are they talking about?

Goh Meng Seng

Dear GMS and Scoobal,
Good blog article (GMS). A question need to ask, will the govt release opinion polls during the cooling-off day? Sorry, the first question to ask is that does election in Singapore have any opinion polls at all?

This question rises out from the recent Taiwan polls where President Ma releases the opinion polls during his campaigning. So I wonder if there is such things in the Singapore election in the first place?

Goh Meng Seng

Alfrescian (InfP) [Comp]
Generous Asset
Dear GMS and Scoobal,
Good blog article (GMS). A question need to ask, will the govt release opinion polls during the cooling-off day? Sorry, the first question to ask is that does election in Singapore have any opinion polls at all?

This question rises out from the recent Taiwan polls where President Ma releases the opinion polls during his campaigning. So I wonder if there is such things in the Singapore election in the first place?

Dear Rainnix,

If I am not wrong, publication of opinion poll is BANNED in Singapore, although we know SPH does opinion poll during the election time.

Goh Meng Seng

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Its an excellent question. You certainly got the picture. SPH Research Depts and some private agencies have done polls on commission but they have never released them. There are no direct legislation but the Minister of Home Affairs and the Electoral Commission have powers to regulate polls and thus far not allowed even though no regulation is in black and white. Singapore laws even allow a minister to regulate that MacDonald's can only sell their ice cream on even days - thats how laws have been allowed to be enacted in the abscence of a sizeable opposition.

My fear is that SPH will run a summary of candidates profile and what they have said on the cooling off day claiming that it is for the public good. The first thing most singaporeans will do is compare the qualification and make what they consider an "informed" decision.

Dear GMS and Scoobal,