• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Does anyone know how ISD agents work?

Goh Meng Seng

Alfrescian (InfP) [Comp]
Generous Asset
The system hasn't blocked and protected its leaders. I refer to JWs and Moonies in S'pore. The set-up of these 2 entities is no secret. One of its leaders, a superscale officer, migrated more than a decade ago. He led one of the cult groups I mentioned. He wasn't 'blocked' nor 'protected'. He was cruelly exposed. Denied promotion too coz he could not recite the pledge. Got the hint?

Look at it from another perspective, instead of being allowed to migrate, he could have been put under ISA, detained and even charged. :wink:

He got the protection from the baseline, though being exposed eventually.

Goh Meng Seng

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Ramseth is not but he is certainly talking to them as he moves around a lot with those of material interest to them. He would be your classic LP paid or otherwise. He might not even realise it. Some people do this out of a sense of duty. As I said before, some actually think that they are from the establishment but are actually in the informants List.
Who are the ones with background in Intelligence? I know Ramseth and you are from Intelligence background but who else? Well, maybe Golden Dragon is one of them as well.Goh Meng Seng

SneeringTree

Alfrescian
Loyal
I would not worry at all. They are doing their job and updating dossier. Perfectly ok to dabble in politics where they are concerned. Just keep your distance from that chap and be polite. Familiarity will lead to talking too much and you end being an informant without you realising it. Tangent would be top of the list.

Perversely, I want to maintain contact with him just to see what exactly is he interested in...

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Here is a classic case of serious infighting that dragged on for years and ended up of all places in court. Manu Baskaran fresh out of Cambridge, OMS, gets posted to ISD as analyst. SID approach him and a tug of war begins that drags Perm Secs in the fray. Ministers get involved. They ask him to decide and he choses SID. ISD nose put of of joint and seriously unhappy. They also concerned that his training would now be known to SID as there has been rivalry. Manu gets bored after years of analytical work and leaves for the private sector. He gets tangled with Tharman, Patrick Daniel etc over flash forecast Official Secrets Act. Gets charged in Court. ISD big wigs ask for their testimony to be held in Camera. They them pour out his intelligence background, training and the rivalry becomes apparent and the judge notices something amiss until the defence lawyer brings out what occurred in the past.
Thats government service for you, internal politics and head of departments trying to score points and claim territory. Sharing is not done very well between uniformed/civilian

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
GD will tell you that you can tell straightaway if they are from any of the Intelligence Service. The only people you tend to struggle with are those from surveillance team who are specially trained to work in various environments. They look like bus drivers, hookers, blur kings, senior executive etc.
Don't underestimate Ramseth. :wink:He has deliberately hidden the facts of the intel ops to make cover. :wink:Goh Meng Seng

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Not a good idea at all. Trained operatives will automatically create the impression that you are in charge leading the conversation or you are picking the topic of conversation. They are trained in it and you are not. It will take a long while before they even broach the subject and by then both of you are having regular coffee.
Perversely, I want to maintain contact with him just to see what exactly is he interested in...

wikiphile

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Here is a classic case of serious infighting that dragged on for years and ended up of all places in court. Manu Baskaran fresh out of Cambridge, OMS, gets posted to ISD as analyst. SID approach him and a tug of war begins that drags Perm Secs in the fray. Ministers get involved. They ask him to decide and he choses SID. ISD nose put of of joint and seriously unhappy. They also concerned that his training would now be known to SID as there has been rivalry. Manu gets bored after years of analytical work and leaves for the private sector. He gets tangled with Tharman, Patrick Daniel etc over flash forecast Official Secrets Act. Gets charged in Court. ISD big wigs ask for their testimony to be held in Camera. They them pour out his intelligence background, training and the rivalry becomes apparent and the judge notices something amiss until the defence lawyer brings out what occurred in the past.

Ouch, that is inter-service rivalry gone awry, also not helped by one bit the operative in question got his loyalties and ambition mixed up. This is all about face and not operational capabilities and requirements.

Goh Meng Seng

Alfrescian (InfP) [Comp]
Generous Asset
Ramseth is not but he is certainly talking to them as he moves around a lot with those of material interest to them. He would be your classic LP paid or otherwise. He might not even realise it. Some people do this out of a sense of duty. As I said before, some actually think that they are from the establishment but are actually in the informants List.

You are pretty sharp, Scroobal. :wink:

Yes, the only people we tend to struggle with are those really trained agents hiding behind all sorts of non-prominent covers.

Goh Meng Seng

Goh Meng Seng

Alfrescian (InfP) [Comp]
Generous Asset

Unless you are trained to know how to mix non-critical information with disinformation which will merge seamlessly to the point that they couldn't figure out which is which. Else, it is better not to try.

Goh Meng Seng

lockeliberal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Dear GMS

And I suppose u figure that you know how to play these spy counter spy games :_)) At the rate these discussions are going, doing business with cut throat businessmen seems like a healthier occupation

Locke

Unless you are trained to know how to mix non-critical information with disinformation which will merge seamlessly to the point that they couldn't figure out which is which. Else, it is better not to try.

Goh Meng Seng

Goh Meng Seng

Alfrescian (InfP) [Comp]
Generous Asset
HAHA... if not, how can I survive up till now? :wink:

Goh Meng Seng

Dear GMS

And I suppose u figure that you know how to play these spy counter spy games :_)) At the rate these discussions are going, doing business with cut throat businessmen seems like a healthier occupation

Locke

Perspective

Alfrescian
Loyal
Few cases I have seen where people are glamorously proud to be untruthful. You can only feel sorry for those who cannot repent and burn.

Last edited:

Forvendet

Alfrescian
Loyal
Don't underestimate Ramseth. :wink:

He has deliberately hidden the facts of the intel ops to make cover. :wink:

Goh Meng Seng

After all your fuckups with strategic and UFO theories, for once I agree with you. Ram is one suspicious character. He was with police and NTUC and YPAP and yet also WP. No sign of any ambition to be candidate or taking position against anyside, just friendly to everybody on everyside. Sometimes, he just Houdinied.

Let's take two extremes as example. Has anybody here heard him being critical against PAP? No, sometimes he even defend PAP. Has anybody here heard him being critical against SDP? No, sometimes he even defend SDP.

lockeliberal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Dear Perspec

His view that they exists probably has more cred then his views on UFO. As it is just assume that they exists and curse them for wasting their time on internal dissent when they should be watching spies and terrorist and keeping Mat Selamat locked up

Locke

Few cases I have seen where people are glamorously proud to be untruthful. You can only feel sorry for those who cannot repent and burn.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
The majority are there to look after the country. Even they wonder why a certain politician or a party seem to benefit the PAP than the opposition cause but they rather keep to themselves.
Dear Perspec His view that they exists probably has more cred then his views on UFO. As it is just assume that they exists and curse them for wasting their time on internal dissent when they should be watching spies and terrorist and keeping Mat Selamat locked upLocke