• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

[Documentary] - Crows hold solemn funeral to mourn and bid farewell for dead crow

UltimaOnline

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

blu juju
blu juju
4 years ago
Yes! I have seen this. One day a grackle (which is a similar bird) asked me to help it. His mate had been hit by a car. I got her out of the road, but she was already dead. I laid her in the grass and about 8 of them gathered near her in the grass. The male walked around his mates body, then walked around her in the opposite direction. All of the birds lowered their heads and were completely silent for a few moments. Then they all flew off together. It was amazing. I've never thought about birds the same since then.

Tina Richardson
Tina Richardson
1 year ago
They do feel for the dead !! I witnessed it first hand .. I live on the ocean and beside me was a abandoned house ,it was like a park , beautiful big trees .. lots of crows called them home ... in the mornings they would be so noisy.. every morning I would take my paddle boat out and paddle around the inlet .. when I came back I saw a dead crow on my stairs . It looked old .. so I thought it just died , so I tossed it into the ocean .... OMG .. all of a sudden the sky went black ..I kid you not ... hundreds of crows came out of the trees .. I was terrified .. and they were so noisy ,and they just kept circling.. when my ex !! Got home he told me he was bb gunning these birds and got one ... OMG !! So this is Karma .. I had a purple Tracker and He had a big black pickup .. every morning his truck was plastered with poo .. and my tracker was fine ..even thou we were parked somewhat beside each other ...so I’m a true believer that they do morn .. and I wish I had my phone with me and taped it .. it was out of this word .