• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Do you consider S'pore home?

pia

Alfrescian
Loyal
pia
Singapore is a tough place to live in if you have no money and are not intelligent enough to ascertain what is right or wrong and what is good or bad.
It is a good place to live in if you are well off and intelligent.

Bro JW, substitute "singapore" with any other country name, and it still holds true. Singapore should be more than that for S'poreans. That's the jist of my thread.

jw5

Loyal
Bro JW, substitute "singapore" with any other country name, and it still holds true. Singapore should be more than that for S'poreans. That's the jist of my thread.
bro pia
The fact is that it isn't, but the fact is that most countries aren't either, to their citizens or to Singaporeans who live in or migrate to those countries.
We have to find our own way and comfort levels wherever we are. That's the jist of my posts. :smile:

jw5

Loyal
I would have considered it a home if the PAP was rotten but the people are noble.

BUT, i realise that it is the people who let the PAP get away with its atrocities, who are so quick to forget, so naive, so arrogant, so barbaric. The average heartland sinkee is no different from the chinamen/kelings we hate so much who lower our quality of life.

Then i know i can never relate to this society.
angry one
I agree with your observation.
There was a time when I would consider joining the alternative parties, or doing social or charity work in Singapore, for Singaporeans.
But not anymore. They're just not worth it.

char_jig_kar

Alfrescian
Loyal
jist of my point, spore is not a place deserve to call home if taking a stroll on the neighborhood pavement is such a drag:

DING DING DING!!! DING DING!!! DING DING DING!!!

cyclist signal pedestrian to step aside so that they could speed up... question is... what business is it for the cyclist to go on the pedestrian path? who has the right of way? if spore have to debate about right of way about pedestrian path... the fuck is this place call home if i cant even take a nice stroll on the pedestrian path without being harass by cyclist?? is that too much to ask, walking on the pedestrian without being harass?

if spore cant give me that, a simple stroll without harass by cyclist, what good is it this so call home?????????

The_Latest_H

Alfrescian
Loyal
I used to. But as I get older and the feeling keeps growing that S'pore (or at least the govt) does not treat me any more special than the FTs they import, this feeling has dimished over the years.

Now I feel it's just a house. I hold the pink card of tenancy, and pay my rent (NS & taxes) And I'm open to opportunities if bigger better houses come my way.

Sounds unpatriotic? Anyone shares the same sentiment? :(

After 25 years, I felt even worse than you. At least now when I'm overseas, I'm not as unhappy as before.

madmansg

Alfrescian
Loyal
No I consider all FT and most stupidporeans and PAP and opposition MP enermies of the human race for outragious violation of human rights with NS slavery.

marbles

Alfrescian
Loyal
Home is where the heart is,my heart is not with singapore,therefore its not my home.

and with idiots like pinky lee and his familee running this shithole to hell,i'd rather bail when i have the chance.isn't that what the pap gov has been telling people all these time?

you die is your problem,we are a meritocracy.you have done no merit to the country therefore you merit nothing.

likewise i say to pap and pap cocksuckers,pap and shittyland have done me no merit,therefore they merit nothing.

don't play the patriotic card when you pap bastards are running this shithole as a company.

Frankiestine

Alfrescian
Loyal
DING DING DING!!! DING DING!!! DING DING DING!!!

cyclist signal pedestrian to step aside so that they could speed up... question is... what business is it for the cyclist to go on the pedestrian path

i bloody give that cyclist a WWE clothes line move that will make them wrestler proud...:mad::mad:

pia

Alfrescian
Loyal
No I consider all FT and most stupidporeans and PAP and opposition MP enermies of the human race for outragious violation of human rights with NS slavery.

I would consider NS a worthwhile cause if we are fighting for our home. But now it's like fighting for someone else' rental house.. I pay rent and he pays rent, but, in addition, I still have to guard his house with my life? :confused:

At least Aussie Pete has his son fighting by my side :biggrin:

blackmore

Alfrescian
Loyal
Your right, it is an ironally, More than guard his house with your life, you have to protect his family and his worthy possession in the process from external invasion.

The FT & PR will never thank you for your time in NS; they will think ah only fools will do such things .

matrix

Alfrescian
Loyal
blame the govt for treating s'poreans like 2nd class citizens
good jobs go to FT
KNN this is only a plc to make as much $ n fuck off from here
somewhere tat offer better quality of life

jw5

Loyal
charjigkar
You are right, at the moment the pedestrian has the right so feel free to exercise your right. But you may have heard that they are starting a "equal right" program in Tampines whcih may extend to the rest of the country.
For me, I'm a pedestrian who hates pavement cyclists but I try to co exist with them.
If they cycle slowly towards me, I try to move to one side.
If they cycle fast and ring the bell continuously, I ignore them and expect them to give way.
I have told off and quarreled with some who cycle fast and don't give way. Some oblige (surprisingly China nationals are more obliging than Singkieporeans)

eeoror88

Alfrescian
Loyal
Of course we consider Singapore our home. That's why we hate the foreigners especially those who come here to make their bucks and fuck off in a jiffy !!