• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Do men still wears bow and suspenders?

shOUTloud

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bows are useful for doctors cos ties will get dipped into blood. As for suspenders, I think they look cool. Maybe I should get dressed in that as well.

ray_of_hope

Alfrescian
Loyal
The bow tie is for someone of culture and sophistication and who speaks with an upper crust accent. It looks good on such people.

It however looks grotesque on someone like Jim Rogers with his southern drawl and a mannerism which I find unappealing.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I used to wear suspenders instead of a belt because I found it more comfortable than using a belt especially when you are sitting. However now that I am older & have bulked up I don't need to use a belt :smile:

The exception is when I travel. I use a money belt to carry extra $$.

Fook Seng

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The bow tie is for someone of culture and sophistication and who speaks with an upper crust accent. It looks good on such people.

Bow ties are also used by people who work in the service industry, like waiters for instance.

Last edited:

Fook Seng

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I used to wear suspenders instead of a belt because I found it more comfortable than using a belt especially when you are sitting.

Suspenders certainly hold up the pants better. Especially if you have a tummy, it is definitely more comfortable than a belt and certainly don't have the same problem of whether to place the belt-line above or below the tummy. But if you are not wearing a jacket, it makes you look untidy and incompletely clothed, as if your underwear is showing. That is why circus clowns wear that.

mopeng

Alfrescian
Loyal
Can wear a suspender and belt at the same time.

Nothing wrong what.

suspenders and belt.jpg

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Suspenders certainly hold up the pants better. Especially if you have a tummy, it is definitely more comfortable than a belt and certainly don't have the same problem of whether to place the belt-line above or below the tummy. But if you are not wearing a jacket, it makes you look untidy and incompletely clothed, as if your underwear is showing. That is why circus clowns wear that.

When I was younger I had no tummy. Really liked using those multi-colored suspenders which I bought overseas:smile:
I've always preferred comfort to being fashionable. I've never understood why some Sporeans are so fashion conscious.

However nowadays I see that dressing down is in fashion. It's shorts, slippers, T's.... which I think is more practical.

Ash007

Alfrescian
Loyal
I wear a suspenders and five fingers shoes to work everyday. :wink:

When I was younger I had no tummy. Really liked using those multi-colored suspenders which I bought overseas:smile:
I've always preferred comfort to being fashionable. I've never understood why some Sporeans are so fashion conscious.

However nowadays I see that dressing down is in fashion. It's shorts, slippers, T's.... which I think is more practical.

Godfrey

Spore is a funny place. Many don't realise that they are subconsciously conforming to local mores:smile:

I don't know why Singaporeans like to call their briefs as suspenders? I had a friend who wore a pair of suspenders or braces to work. This is suspenders.

suspenders-ben-whishaw.jpg

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I would like to but have to tailored pants. Only saw taka selling authentic suspenders using loops not clips

You are looking at the wrong place. Taka is where the old & conservative go to shop:smile:

When I was using suspenders I would go for those clip ons. They went well with jeans. Here is a picture of what my old suspenders looked like:
http://www.amazon.com/Forum-Rainbow...F8&qid=1352810212&sr=1-19&keywords=suspenders

If you can't find what you are looking for locally I recommend getting them from Amazon.