• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Do Christians really give 10% of salary to the church??

tanwahtiu

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hello, bro,

This is a metaphor to mean 'spiritual gain is better than money or earthy things.

Your church has chap palang pastor is it? How come never teach you about metaphorically speaking of words to get the message through to his kakis.

Yes u r right. But we all need to earn a living and survive. How many of us forumners have accumulated such wealth like boss Sam and his pappie masters that have wealth for the next 5 generations? Even if I accumulate wealth and leave a flat for my children. Or some cash like 20k. Is that the sort of money that deserves condemnation? Is it wrong to accumulate wealth for the family? N I don't mean the obscene amount like lky has.

The reason for that verse is telling Christians not to be slave to money but to be Christlike in our lives. Money r like maids. Good servant bad master. Ppl need to eat n earn a living.

The_Hypocrite

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Uh wat u say ah? I give wat I can afford as I am in dire straits now. My survival is paramount. The reason why I say such things is I am trying to prove Kong hee teaching is wrong. Kong like to say. How much u give is how much u love god. Now give him more means love god more? Wat logic is tat?

Gahmens n kings n rich give to church is also for tax deduction purposes. But jokes aside. Some parishioners I know who done well donate a lot. And kings give is as wat u say. Give to God for distribution to the poor n needy. Help in missionary activities like build schools in disadvantaged areas. They donate to see the money put to good use.

Look at Kong hee wat has he done with the money given? To finance the wealthy lifestyle of him n his cronies. N his wife singing album. Her singing without those millions can take off meh? Even lady gaga has more talent than her. At least gaga is a rags to riches who still like to wear rags story.

So I guess what I have said you have agreed so far.

Kong Hee aside, give whatever you feel like to support the survival of the church. Don't be kiam siap give $2 only give $100 a week. Even government and Kings give tithes to religious group in the form of tax free. It is self survival for the church and temples from alms received by their believers.

Must agree some church received too many tithes but did not give away to help the poor. Churches like CHC do not need to build big auditorium with latest multi-media technology to sing God's praise and preached their sermons. Over excess use of God money for God makes not God not happy and Sodom and Gomorro to pastor Kong Hee.

See how God deal with Kong Hee today? Luke 20:25 Render to Caesar things which are Caesar and to God things which belong to God. Meaning tithes money is for God and belong to God and is for helping the poor and needy. Sun Ho and Kong Hee take salaries from the church and money to Caesar belong to Caesar.

How much did CHC to give to poor in Singapore and the cleaning plates Ah Soh in hawker centres or do missionaries work?

Last edited:

tanwahtiu

Alfrescian
Loyal
The more you give has more meaning to the rich and they will know what the message meant to them Render to God things belong to God. The rich will understand the message well and even how much they can take there is still more money coming and that means they take what is enough for their use and the rest belong to God.

In your situation today your $2 mean a lot to you and the church and I may say you did well.

Sometimes I feel that even though you may see they live in expensive houses and has good quality life style is part of the God's plan 人算不如天算。Nothing to envy about.

You never know how hard they have build this church from scratch and the passion they have to talk to you about God.

Uh wat u say ah? I give wat I can afford as I am in dire straits now. My survival is paramount. The reason why I say such things is I am trying to prove Kong hee teaching is wrong. Kong like to say. How much u give is how much u love god. Now give him more means love god more? Wat logic is tat?

Gahmens n kings n rich give to church is also for tax deduction purposes. But jokes aside. Some parishioners I know who done well donate a lot. And kings give is as wat u say. Give to God for distribution to the poor n needy. Help in missionary activities like build schools in disadvantaged areas. They donate to see the money put to good use.

Look at Kong hee wat has he done with the money given? To finance the wealthy lifestyle of him n his cronies. N his wife singing album. Her singing without those millions can take off meh? Even lady gaga has more talent than her. At least gaga is a rags to riches who still like to wear rags story.

Last edited:

chootchiew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Those dumbfucks who tithe...I wonder how many will give 10% to their parents.
They are paying bonuses and luxury lifestyle of the false prophet.

1 of my touch ministries friend told me, her parent is just a tool sent by god to give birth to her. Hence she will tithe to god instead of parent. Also if her parent die she will not be sad. :eek: I was speechless.

lianbeng

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
lianbeng says: it is actually written in Malachi 3:10 that God challenged the Israelites to bring in their tithes to test if He would not open heaven's gate and pour down so much blessing that they would have no room to contain it! :biggrin:

Lizzert

Alfrescian
Loyal
My wife is Catholic. She told me that "tithe" in olden times means ten percent, but in her Church, the father (or pastor) explained that they do not follow the Old Testament and members re free to donate whatever amount they're comfortable with. There is no fixed amount.

Cheers!

And I thot "Tithe " means I want to suck NehNeh !

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Nobody actually gives money to God. The money is in reality given to those middlemen who claim to represent God.

It's a business and a racket. There is nothing spiritual to it. :wink:

tanwahtiu

Alfrescian
Loyal
You made a good point, bro.

It is profitable to go into God's work 演义生意。Lawyers are one of them in the righteous industry and are protected from the system.

Let see which one can 演义 better, pastor Kong the God's messenger, or the legal system the righteous holder of the State , both are in this 演义生意 business.

Nobody actually gives money to God. The money is in reality given to those middlemen who claim to represent God.

It's a business and a racket. There is nothing spiritual to it. :wink:

Last edited: