• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Do Christians really give 10% of salary to the church??

enterprise2

Alfrescian
Loyal
Not a christian church go-er so dont know. But I heard from friends that they are asked to contribute 10% of their salary per month. Thats a lot!!

Agoraphobic

Alfrescian
Loyal
My wife is Catholic. She told me that "tithe" in olden times means ten percent, but in her Church, the father (or pastor) explained that they do not follow the Old Testament and members re free to donate whatever amount they're comfortable with. There is no fixed amount.

Cheers!

Yingge

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Not a christian church go-er so dont know. But I heard from friends that they are asked to contribute 10% of their salary per month. Thats a lot!!

No!!! They were asked to contribute 15% or more... The more you give the more you will be blessed!!!:biggrin:

Their god bless according to how much you give?:eek:

enterprise2

Alfrescian
Loyal
My wife is Catholic. She told me that "tithe" in olden times means ten percent, but in her Church, the father (or pastor) explained that they do not follow the Old Testament and members re free to donate whatever amount they're comfortable with. There is no fixed amount.

Cheers!

Think there is a difference between Catholic and Christian churches like CHC!! One is stuck in the middle ages and the other is Gen Y centric. I think Catholic church still pass the collection bag around whereas CHC...they already GIRO the process!!

BuiKia

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
God dun need money to sustain HIMSELF. Only human needs money.

No!!! They were asked to contribute 15% or more... The more you give the more you will be blessed!!!:biggrin:

Their god bless according to how much you give?:eek:

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

That's tithing a.k.a giving a tithe.

On top of that, they also have offerings which is separate from a tithe: a collection bag or plate is passed around during a service and people put money into/onto it.

Also, they may also have various mission funds or building funds where they donate more money.

Now you know why Kong Hee, Lawrence Khong and Joseph Prince etc got so rich. :wink:

shctaw

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
To be frank!!! If Kong Hee really want.. Those Gong Cheeby will do it...:biggrin:

The only way Con Hee will go to jail is when a underage girl tell her sex escape story with him in Sentosa Cove on her Facebook page.

Equalisation

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Cheers!

Agree.

I give 50 %.

The_Hypocrite

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Giving of tithes is something from the old testament and its a Jewish practice. Jesus never ask for tithes and neither should Kong Hee. If the believers are soo stupid as to follow this false preacher, its no wonder PAP has been in power for soo long.

My fren and his family attend a small church in Oz, the preacher discourage them from donating and if want to donate, donate what one can afford. The preacher also says 'feed your family first'. there is no demand for tithes and any of that BS. Catholic churches also do not follow that rule. Giving is a choice not a right.

Just that in Singapore, the parishoners of the the Catholic Church are quite generous..if one is a priest in spore, one will never go hungry as always got parishoners buy them makan etc...So u want to donate or not its up to u,,,,

tanwahtiu

Alfrescian
Loyal
Actually many church goers don't realize that they go to church are weekly and if you added up $100 per week the total is $5,200 a year. and If you earn $50,000 a year that is over 10%.

If you go 2 twice a week is down to $2,000 a year. And if once a month it is only $520 a year.

No need to see God weekly, waste of time. Many of them do not even read their Bible daily or even bothered to read them at all and know why they go to church for?

Some go to church to sell insurances and business connections, some kao cha bor, some kaypo, some to tao jia MILF and many more reasons. All in the name of Trust GOD all men and women in there are righteous and are born again of less sinful people. More or less pao jia meet innocent people with less likely to get rip off each other.

It is a more coersive social networking system, better than facebook 'like Me click, click' which know each other through associations with good referral lists.

Is $5,200 a year worth the investment to get what you want for business contacts, tao jia MILF, is up to you?

Last edited:

lianbeng

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
lianbeng replies to thread: during the Old Testament times, the Israelites were required to offer one-tenth of all their crops as first fruits, including their livestocks eg sheep, goats, etc... but nowadays people dun bring animals to church anymore lah so use money as a token mah! :biggrin: u want to see every Sunday so many people bringing so many goats n sheep to church meh? traffic jam liao lor!

The_Hypocrite

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
$100 a week? U kidding ah? I only give $2.00 when i go,,,

Actually many church goers don't realize that they go to church are weekly and if you added up $100 per week the total is $5,200 a year. and If you earn $50,000 a year that is over 10%.

If you go 2 twice a week is down to $2,000 a year. And if once a month it is only $520 a year.

No need to see God weekly, waste of time. Many of them do not even read their Bible daily or even bothered to read them at all and know why they go to church for?

Some go to church to sell insurances and business connections, some kao cha bor, some kaypo, some to tao jia MILF and many more reasons. All in the name of Trust GOD all men and women in there are righteous and are born again of less sinful people. More or less pao jia meet innocent people with less likely to get rip off each other.

It is a more coersive social networking system, better than facebook 'like Me click, click' which know each other through associations with good referral lists.

Is $5,200 a year worth the investment to get what you want for business contacts, tao jia MILF, is up to you?

oli9

Alfrescian
Loyal
Give 10% of salary is it after CPF & Tax or gross salary?
Im ok with tithing but it should be given thru a happy heart not with reluctance.

But if dumb CHC members wants to give more (in hoping they strike toto blessings in return), give lor. If they want to buy whore sun's hit album, then buy lor, though its a waste of money. If they still think their Conman pastor didnt do anything wrong in the sham bond circus, then its best they have their faith severely tested again.

Agoraphobic

Alfrescian
Loyal
I personally do not believe in their beliefs and do not look out for differences between the churches or practices. As far as I'm concerned, churches are all private organizations with private agendas. They function as social cement groups for earthly function and in these, some of them aren't bad, but because they are governed by humans, they have their imperfections, all of them. Anyways, some people do get their lives bettered by belonging to these churches and on the whole, their activities do bring out the good in some people (the opposite is true too). As for their beliefs in the divine, I leave that to personal choice and will not argue their beliefs. Same for any other religion, or cult. Oh yes, the Catholic church among the Christian churches is way behind, but then, it was also the earliest organization and is in many ways mired in age old practices ways.

Cheers!

Think there is a difference between Catholic and Christian churches like CHC!! One is stuck in the middle ages and the other is Gen Y centric. I think Catholic
church still pass the collection bag around whereas CHC...they already GIRO the process!!

tanwahtiu

Alfrescian
Loyal
$2.00 only? so cheap sake? God is worth so little to you. $2 cannot even buy the word 福 to paste on the door of your house.

Do you know the word 福 is linked to 神。Look at the same left radical of 神 and 福 字 which is the radical for God.

福 means blessing and blessing come from God.

$100 a week? U kidding ah? I only give $2.00 when i go,,,

Last edited: