• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Disllusioned Troll bashing ex-Sinkee in Oz?

junkyard

Alfrescian
Loyal
I'd rather let the crickets sing for themselves. Empty pots make the best vessels, I say.

I recently came back from Singapore after a 4 week work posting. Of course the usual catch up on food (which, surprisingly, disappointed!), meet with some friends and relatives, and look for old haunts (which unsurprisingly disappointed).

The biggest disappointment were friends, relatives and their friends and their relatives. All sinkie mentality. Never seen the world. Don't understand what non-SG lifestyle is like. No initiatives. All sorts of excuses to even start looking (suppressing all push/pull factors). Don't understand how deep doodoo the education/political/science/monetary/taxation/lifestyle is in. One of those friends was stunned after taking the time and humility to hear out what we've done over the past few years and the lifestyles we lead and the relative wealth thereafter.

"...well, well, well. Let me clarify -- I feel like I'm the frog in the well, and the well goes deep".

I share with a forum and some FB folks the philosophy of the 10-30-60. Some psychological experiment involving a simulated airplane cabin where 100 people are in. Smoke is introduced inside, and 10 of them would know what to do (risk: fire! run!), 30 of them would know that the 10 know and start following them, and the 60 would sit there and see-how (die). Generally applicable to mass. Oh, and each of the categories (10, or 30%, or 60 percentile) can further be broken down into 10-30-60 recursively.

There's a large gap between the 10 percentile (us) and the 60 percentile (sinkies, trolls, butch, sluts, pimps, filth, hoes, etc). This post is to remind ourselves and the 30's that we're not here to help the 60. The pedestal is high enough for a fools exhibition -- let's have no part in it. None of the sinkies know how deep the well go, and they never will. The folks in the show Idiocracy: who are we to educate them? How will stupid ever know that they are stupid?

Hope they like the company of themselves (clusterfuck) along with the crickets. In the meantime, mates, onward.

Aussie Prick

Alfrescian
Loyal
---Quote (Originally by Aussie Prick)---
The ex-Singaporeans in Australia will never be open and forthcoming about the racism, high costs, and police state life they have in Australia. They are not just afraid, they have lost face.

Which also creates another issue we have seen on this forum. People like Neddy, etc are still very much Singaporean struggling to surivive in a Western Culture that they cant adapt too.:biggrin: Its quite sad this pyschological problem they have, they must be very unhappy.
---End Quote---
I am not so sure about that. My Angmo mates even recommend this new sushi place to me and tell me that it is authentic, because a lot of Japs frequent the place.

Want to join me tomorrow 3pm at the Queens pub, Mt Lawley?

Curious, how is everything in Mt Lawley these days? Looking at Perth overall, I am seeing alot of chatter online about the property market - down 7% in the last year in WA. Melbourne is seeing record property listings available 50K plus most sellers refusing to lower prices. Report of Housing Agents telling owners they cannot sell unless the price is lowered. In Singapore the credit bubble is still keeping things afloat and foreign transactions are making the picture very murky.

Oh well see how it goes but at least the offical NDS from China shows demand is still there.

If we can trust what the NDS that is.....

Aussie Prick

Alfrescian
Loyal

It is a good thing if this were true, but could you tell us more about it?

You need to go back to the old SBF forum. Over there there are many articles that Singaporean-style authoritarian rules and regulations are alive and well in Australia, compared to other western countries which are more lax.

Ash007

Alfrescian
Loyal
Its interesting you mentioned this. Just the other day someone that I have not talked to for a very long time send me an email. Stating that what I've said before I left the country was correct. He was one of the many that opposes what I'm doing is wrong. I suppose, it takes some years for some of these 60% to realised what we have been saying all this while.

I'd rather let the crickets sing for themselves. Empty pots make the best vessels, I say.

I recently came back from Singapore after a 4 week work posting. Of course the usual catch up on food (which, surprisingly, disappointed!), meet with some friends and relatives, and look for old haunts (which unsurprisingly disappointed).

The biggest disappointment were friends, relatives and their friends and their relatives. All sinkie mentality. Never seen the world. Don't understand what non-SG lifestyle is like. No initiatives. All sorts of excuses to even start looking (suppressing all push/pull factors). Don't understand how deep doodoo the education/political/science/monetary/taxation/lifestyle is in. One of those friends was stunned after taking the time and humility to hear out what we've done over the past few years and the lifestyles we lead and the relative wealth thereafter.

"...well, well, well. Let me clarify -- I feel like I'm the frog in the well, and the well goes deep".

I share with a forum and some FB folks the philosophy of the 10-30-60. Some psychological experiment involving a simulated airplane cabin where 100 people are in. Smoke is introduced inside, and 10 of them would know what to do (risk: fire! run!), 30 of them would know that the 10 know and start following them, and the 60 would sit there and see-how (die). Generally applicable to mass. Oh, and each of the categories (10, or 30%, or 60 percentile) can further be broken down into 10-30-60 recursively.

There's a large gap between the 10 percentile (us) and the 60 percentile (sinkies, trolls, butch, sluts, pimps, filth, hoes, etc). This post is to remind ourselves and the 30's that we're not here to help the 60. The pedestal is high enough for a fools exhibition -- let's have no part in it. None of the sinkies know how deep the well go, and they never will. The folks in the show Idiocracy: who are we to educate them? How will stupid ever know that they are stupid?

Hope they like the company of themselves (clusterfuck) along with the crickets. In the meantime, mates, onward.

neddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
You need to go back to the old SBF forum. Over there there are many articles that Singaporean-style authoritarian rules and regulations are alive and well in Australia, compared to other western countries which are more lax.

Singaporeans are not used to freedom. Authoritarian rules and regulations are everywhere, it is how you measure authoritarian. A copper (policeman) told me about the new stupid cannabis laws in WA. He classified that as authoritarian :eek:. Weeds is like cigarettes - how many people progress to hard drugs after using weeds?

WA Premier is a "dictator" :eek: He enforced the ban on brothels and streetwalkers (but not whores). Hookers should not be exploited, they should work in legal premises for a decent wage and health protection.

Everything in life is relative. Some people like over-regulation, some like lax and laissez faire. If you do not like what you see, can go somewhere else that suits you. No point staying around and be miserable, right.

Curious, how is everything in Mt Lawley these days? Looking at Perth overall, I am seeing alot of chatter online about the property market - down 7% in the last year in WA. Melbourne is seeing record property listings available 50K plus most sellers refusing to lower prices. Report of Housing Agents telling owners they cannot sell unless the price is lowered. In Singapore the credit bubble is still keeping things afloat and foreign transactions are making the picture very murky.

Oh well see how it goes but at least the offical NDS from China shows demand is still there.

If we can trust what the NDS that is.....

Not too bothered with property prices these days. Too much noise in the market generated by the ignorants.
If young people who does not know financial management get into expensive properties, they will suffer for sure. Just like the ah peh who buy warrants at high prices just before expiry date.

You can track Mt Lawley prices here. The angmo who own the site used to work in Singapore and has a Singaporean wife. Support his business and he can help with Singapore questions.

http://charts.aussiehome.com/newchart2.aspx

Last edited:

neddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
After the Singapore presidential election involving Tony Tan, it is becoming clearer to some of my friends why I opt to leave Singapore and live in Australia.

**** UPDATE ****
Just sent this link to an old school friend. Can't wait ti hear what his response: http://www.singsupplies.com/showthr...ster-You-need-foreign-talents-to-clean-tables

Singaporeans are proud of the archievements of the country, but we know that while economic archievements is great, there are many other aspects that make life liveable - that are lacking in Singapore.

But looking at Singapore from overseas, it is easy to tell that Singapore is just another Asian country that is above Malaysia, but on the same level as China, Taiwan, but below that of Japan and Korea (Korea because of its excellent reputation for electronics and now, cars*)

*When I test drove the Hyundai recently for fun, I find it unbelievable that it has caught up with the Japanese.

**** UPDATE ****
How to tell your fellow Aussies that the rude shopkeeper they met while touring Singapore is actially an FT and that real Singaporeans don't behave like that .

To people who think that those migrated from Singapore look down on those left behind, just see what Singapore very own ex-Mental Minister think of the local Singapore bornbred talents.

WAIT, how many of these PAP ministers' kids are overseas?
Excluding the global on cut-short NS Tans who return to Singapore to earn big money, and their current father President who decide to stay in Singapore Istana for extended vacation.
Year 2011 and still the same lousy deal for Singaporeans. Wait until retirement age and see magic CPF

Yes, these people can do anything they want. Once they leave Singapore, they have to follow the laws of the countries they are in. :oIo:

I would rather stay in easy-living Perth than face the intruding Singapore obligations. For those who find it tough to remain in Singapore - too much family issues - should leave. What for going to court over inheritance.

I know a very Holy Christian :oIo: who successfully plotted to take over a business. Daughter in good school. Everyone in Singapore think this guy is very good man. Even the church leaders say very good words - Wesley church has many people and we want to know them one by one !Jesus Christ, he is a good man - A Catholic would have created miracles for him and made him a saint! Only goondu Singaporeans continue to believe this crap! Got holy Bible, professional certificates, PAP credentials, run family trust = very important trustworthy man. :oIo:

Last edited: