• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

dim sum ?

Brightkid

Alfrescian
Loyal
thankyou ...hows the place like ? is it dirty ? if its dirty , do they have any private rooms for dinning ?

I would rate it clean and above average standard. It is a shop-house-type restuarant. Of course cannot expect up-market restuarants in nice shopping centres/hotels la and the waiters don't wear suites.

It is probably a good blend of nice dim sum with comfortable envirnoment.

You can see ang-mos/hong kongers eating there too in the morning. I would bring my foreign guests there too for nice, local environment, inexpensive dim sum.

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
I would rate it clean and above average standard. It is a shop-house-type restuarant. Of course cannot expect up-market restuarants in nice shopping centres/hotels la and the waiters don't wear suites.

It is probably a good blend of nice dim sum with comfortable envirnoment.

You can see ang-mos/hong kongers eating there too in the morning. I would bring my foreign guests there too for nice, local environment, inexpensive dim sum.

thankyou ...i will give it a try .by the way , do they have private rooms for dinning ?

Brightkid

Alfrescian
Loyal
thankyou ...i will give it a try .by the way , do they have private rooms for dinning ?

I don't know if they have private room. They are 2 shop-houses combined to 1. Maybe have upstair though I never asked. I always just sit in the aircon section insde the shop in my bermudas if with family breakfast. This way, you can 'feel' the dim-sum eating environment.

As said, please do not expect 5-star hotel (or 4-star, or 3-star) service then you won't be disappointed. It is like those mid-class Hong Kong style la. But food is worth it.

deekopeh

Alfrescian
Loyal
Swee Choon Tim Sum Restaurant
Tel: (+65) 6294 5292
Operating Hours: 5.00pm to 10.00am

Traditional restaurant though but good and cheap tim sum.

R4g3

Alfrescian
Loyal
Royal China (Raffles) - Good Standard, high price, variety wise not alot.
Taste Paradise (ION) - Good Standard, high price, fusion creation dim sum like foie gras xiaolongbao
Boss (Vivo) - nice deco, good price, good presentation, constant and good standard
Hai Tien Lo (Pan Pac) - expensive and very quiet, nice view, food is good.
Old Hong Kong (Novena) - Pretty good, small and crowded, but some of the dim sum not very nice.
Wah Lok (Carlton) - Good food good pricing, not crowded.
Wah Ting (orchard) - above average food for high reputation, still good but not impressive.

Buffet
Jing (One Fullerton) - award winning chef, good place if you eat a lot, above average standard.
Jade (Fullerton) - similar to jing except it is pure dimsum, price cheaper by $10 but need around 2 months of booking.

Crystal Jade can forget it, too many branches cannot keep up with standard, mostly central kitchen except the Gold Palace, but the tables are very near to each others.

Imperial Treasure still ok, manage to maintain for the Ngee Ann outlet.

Hai Du Victoria peak (Orchard Central) - worst then the main one in HK, nothing fantastic.

I-Canton (ION) - gives a false impression that it is from HK but it is actually from Malaysia. Ugly Deco, over-priced average quality food. walk over to Taste Paradise which is just a few units away.

Victor's kitchen (sunshine) - cheap and good dimsum, it is a small eatery but can be very crowded.

still a few more but either they are not worth the high price or they cannot impress me.

Last edited:

JinGanKor

Alfrescian
Loyal
Taste Paradise (ION) - Good Standard, high price, fusion creation dim sum like foie gras xiaolongbao
Boss (Vivo) - nice deco, good price, good presentation, constant and good standard
Old Hong Kong (Novena) - Pretty good, small and crowded, but some of the dim sum not very nice.
Wah Ting (orchard) - above average food for high reputation, still good but not impressive.

Buffet
Jing (One Fullerton) - award winning chef, good place if you eat a lot, above average standard.
Jade (Fullerton) - similar to jing except it is pure dimsum, price cheaper by $10 but need around 2 months of booking.

Crystal Jade can forget it, too many branches cannot keep up with standard, mostly central kitchen except the Gold Palace, but the tables are very near to each others.

Hai Du Victoria peak (Orchard Central) - worst then the main one in HK, nothing fantastic.

I-Canton (ION) - gives a false impression that it is from HK but it is actually from Malaysia. Ugly Deco, over-priced average quality food. walk over to Taste Paradise which is just a few units away.

Victor's kitchen (sunshine) - cheap and good dimsum, it is a small eatery but can be very crowded.

still a few more but either they are not worth the high price or they cannot impress me.

nice list.

so far i would rate royal china as one of the best, but the variety is really limited and most of them are typical dimsum. if you want something new, taste paradise ion is one of the best (only ion outlet, mosque street outlet do not serve dimsum, but plan to do so after they move to marina sand).

boss at vivo is my favourite, and if you are not particular about dinning hour, weekday afternoon they have a 30% discount.

jade's queue is too long for me, rather pay $10 to pop over to jing. they have alot of other dishes other then dimsum, including chilli crab and fried soon hock which makes the extra $10 worth it.

TRWatch

Alfrescian
Loyal
Best dim sum still in Hong Kong. Can ask this scammer andrew yap ( or andrew pang - whatever his name is..) who say he is based in HK. :rolleyes:

JinGanKor

Alfrescian
Loyal
walau, you already a japanese...hehe...:biggrin:

there's another good one called 红星...

must be good...since plenty of HongKees hangout...:biggrin:

you must be kidding...that place is open by 1 of the 4 heavenly king(long ago) and the food is average, nothing fantastic. It is crowded because of the pricing but i would rather go to victor's kitchen if i am at my least expectation. Those who hang out there are not hongkies, just some old generation locals.

but it is still a better choice compare to yum cha or 幸福饮茶.

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Swee Choon Tim Sum Restaurant
Tel: (+65) 6294 5292
Operating Hours: 5.00pm to 10.00am

Traditional restaurant though but good and cheap tim sum.

thank you for your contribute ...:smile:

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

Buffet

wow...thank you so much ...looks like my guest and i will have a tim sum holiday !!!:smile: thank you

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
nice list.

so far i would rate royal china as one of the best, but the variety is really limited and most of them are typical dimsum. if you want something new, taste paradise ion is one of the best (only ion outlet, mosque street outlet do not serve dimsum, but plan to do so after they move to marina sand).

boss at vivo is my favourite, and if you are not particular about dinning hour, weekday afternoon they have a 30% discount.

jade's queue is too long for me, rather pay $10 to pop over to jing. they have alot of other dishes other then dimsum, including chilli crab and fried soon hock which makes the extra $10 worth it.

thank you ...:smile: .i have been to jade quite a number of time ...i like the food there ...boss sounds good ..have a nice day .

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
walau, you already a japanese...hehe...:biggrin:

there's another good one called 红星...

must be good...since plenty of HongKees hangout...:biggrin:

although i stay almost 7 years in japan my hokkien still better then my japanese ..:wink:

by the way ,wheres 红星... ? sound like only famous ppl go .. :smile: ( agreed , must be good tim sum ) have you try it ? thankyou for the contribute ..:smile::wink:

R4g3

Alfrescian
Loyal
although i stay almost 7 years in japan my hokkien still better then my japanese ..:wink:

by the way ,wheres 红星... ? sound like only famous ppl go .. :smile: ( agreed , must be good tim sum ) have you try it ? thankyou for the contribute ..:smile::wink:

not worth the time to be honest. Blk 54 Chin Swee Road
#07-23 .