• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Did YPAP member Mr Sear Hock Rong, a Eunos grassroot leader, kelong in Eunos?

kojakbt

Alfrescian
Loyal
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=wintiny noWrap align=right>25921.1 </TD></TR><TR><TD height=8></TD></TR><TR><TD class=msgtxt>Fact #1 (as declared in the biography of the directors of R2E Concepts on website):

Mr Sear is the Chairman of Eunos Community Club Youth Executive Committee and Secretary of Eunos Zone ‘2’ Residents’ Committee and Eunos Civil Defence Executive Committee. He is also a member of the Eunos Community Club Management Committee and Eunos PAP Community Foundation Management Committee.

http://www.r2e.com.sg/about/mds.php

Fact #2:

Mr Sear is an MD of R2E Concepts

http://www.r2e.com.sg/about/mds.php

Fact #3 (as declared by R2E Concepts):

R2E Concepts clientele includes: Eunos Citizens' Consultative Committee, Eunos Zone '1' Residents' Committee, Eunos Zone '3' Residents' Committee, Eunos Zone '5' Residents' Committee

http://www.r2e.com.sg/clientele.php

So, my question is, is there a conflict of interests here?

In what way has Mr Sear, being the grassroot leader of Eunos, sitting in multiple committees in Eunos community, has influence the decisions in the various Eunos RCs and committees to use R2E Concepts' services whose MD is also Mr Sear?
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

kojakbt

Alfrescian
Loyal
Even if there is no kelong, one can't help to suspect the motives of these people who want to join PAP... I think they join to help themselves more than to help the citizens...

HAHAHAHAHAH!

JPMorgan888

Alfrescian
Loyal
kojakbt bro,

Pl complain direct to the authorities like CAD, CPIB or the Competition Board. KPKB here no effect one.

But I support you!

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
There is nothing you can do. This govt keeps claiming that they are squeaking clean and corruption free but they have handing over contracts and jobs to those aligned to them.

The money for these course that are paid to Sear and his company comes thru the budget of People Association, a statutory board. Clearly there is conflict of interest. Only a blind man can't see it.

If you act against Sear, you would have to act agaiinst the thousands of contracts given by PA and its various arms to people aligned to the PAP. Its starts with street banners to various expenses.

kojakbt bro,

Pl complain direct to the authorities like CAD, CPIB or the Competition Board. KPKB here no effect one.

But I support you!

kojakbt

Alfrescian
Loyal
There is nothing you can do. This govt keeps claiming that they are squeaking clean and corruption free but they have handing over contracts and jobs to those aligned to them.

The money for these course that are paid to Sear and his company comes thru the budget of People Association, a statutory board. Clearly there is conflict of interest. Only a blind man can't see it.

If you act against Sear, you would have to act agaiinst the thousands of contracts given by PA and its various arms to people aligned to the PAP. Its starts with street banners to various expenses.

I'm sure these people have covered their Asses very well... so, even if there is an investigations, you won't find anything wrong.... but I think it's still good to bring this up and let the 66.6% know...

let them know what kind of people are joining PAP these days...

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
There is nothing to cover, its very plain to see. He is a official to an organisation and yet he provides services to them. If they query, they will produce 3 quotations, 2 from other companies. Even if they cheaper, they will award it to Sear, claiming that only Sear's company meets their needs.

If civil servants does that via company held by his wife, he will be charged. If they same thing happens in an MNC, the staff will be firted hencewith as it breaches the fundamental concept of conflict of interest.

Disgraceful.

To give an air of normalcy, they give the odd contract to an independent party especially large ones where the results are obvious. Its therefore very important that Potong Pasir and Hougang not be misled and do the same. Once PP and Hougang, they will use that as an excuse. It was also one reason why Bt Gombak residents got fed up when the wife of an opposition candidate was given a post and they thus lost the ward.

I'm sure these people have covered their Asses very well... so, even if there is an investigations, you won't find anything wrong.... but I think it's still good to bring this up and let the 66.6% know...

IR123

Alfrescian
Loyal
Even if there is no kelong, one can't help to suspect the motives of these people who want to join PAP... I think they join to help themselves more than to help the citizens...

HAHAHAHAHAH!

Sometimes people do engage in self-service under the guise of community-service.

Commonly referred to as white-washing a tomb.

However just as there will be some who join the PAP or YPAP for political advantages, there will also be others who sincerely believe that they can do good by joining the dominant party.

Just as we cannot conclude that there are none who joined the opposition parties who did not exploit their power to benefit themselves in the guise of providing a check-and-balance to the PAP.

rukter

I was told once a respectable stateman ever said: he will not tolerate corruption, but nothing wrong with taking care of 'own people'. This could be it...