• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Did You Attend a PAP Kindergarten?

ILovePAP

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
These kindergartens were set up in the early 1960s by the PAP Branches to help prepare children for entry into primary schools. Classes were conducted in any space available - from 'wayang' stages to shop-houses. This service has been popular with parents.

I stayed at Macpherson Lane. I remember attending the PAP kindergarten at Circuit Road...

I really enjoyed the tea breaks when home cooked barley with beans were served in old yellow small tin cups.

....... I guess in the early 70s...there were no Eton House Kindergarten nor those super expensive ones nowadays.....

PAP did a great job then of filling in the gap for pre school education for the masses...

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
PAP kindergarten report card. Never go for a job interview without it. :wink:

100-things-in-80s-part-2-pap-kindergarten.jpg

389691680_a31ab2cd0f.jpg

ILovePAP

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
well, life was certainly tougher during those years in late 60s and early 70s for almost everyone.

income gap wasnt that big and everyone was more or less the same....

but PAP did a good job by providing pre school.

has any opposition party do this? not that i can think of.

it is certainly a big achievement for PAP...

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Back in those days unless you were born with a silver spoon.....everyone was born in kk and attended pap kindergarten.

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
These kindergartens were set up in the early 1960s by the PAP Branches to help prepare children for entry into primary schools. Classes were conducted in any space available - from 'wayang' stages to shop-houses. This service has been popular with parents.

I stayed at Macpherson Lane. I remember attending the PAP kindergarten at Circuit Road...

I really enjoyed the tea breaks when home cooked barley with beans were served in old yellow small tin cups.

....... I guess in the early 70s...there were no Eton House Kindergarten nor those super expensive ones nowadays.....

PAP did a great job then of filling in the gap for pre school education for the masses...

No, I attended a kindergarten ran by a religious body, at a time, when rarely people send their kids to school at that age, that is why I got a clear head for facts & not brainwashed like so many...:rolleyes:

god_zeus

Alfrescian
Loyal
my mother went to work for a PAP kindergarten
and saw a lot of maggie mee all stack at a corner
when ask why it is there
the caretaker says 'soon to be expired' maggie mee to be eaten by the beloved PAP supporter children :smile:

we could be classmates! my old playground was at Pipit Road!

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
my mother went to work for a PAP kindergarten
and saw a lot of maggie mee all stack at a corner
when ask why it is there
the caretaker says 'soon to be expired' maggie mee to be eaten by the beloved PAP supporter children :smile:

Can't blame them, it is to keep the cost AFFORDABLE & the kids from young are given a dose a what they will get as they grow up..."going to expire" products that is touted the best &..let us all chant " AFFORDABLE"...ha ha ha ha

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I have doubts about the quality of the PAP brand. Does anyone know of any children of the elites going to a PAP kindergarten :confused:

I would be shocked if they did:wink:

ykhuser

Alfrescian
Loyal
yes.it is an pre entry ticket to brainwash you and join their gang after your puberty.

i blamed my parents in later years for putting me there, now my balls is only slightly bigger than tonychat rasins.knn

Last edited:

ChenHaoNan

Alfrescian
Loyal
Growing up in Kampung there were only pap kindergartens at the local CC. But life was simpler then and even the pap kindergarten teacher was my neighbor from the same kampung who genuinely cared for each and everyone of us. Donkey years later I can still remember she was called Ms Ang as she was like a family to us then.

Last edited:

Agoraphobic

Alfrescian
Loyal
I went through kindie at Bethesda Kindergarten at Frankel Avenue. Don't remember anything from it except the day we did a play. It was a cowboy and indian sketch and some bloke dressed as a cowboy was equipped with Buck Rogers type space pistols. Total misfit.

Cheers!

Poomer

Alfrescian
Loyal

You are a zhup lao alumni?

That area was a really rough neighbourhood in your time.

Last edited:

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Back in those days unless you were born with a silver spoon.....everyone was born in kk and attended pap kindergarten.

I wasn't born at KK but I had attended a PAP kindergarten.

Back then the kindergarten uniform was white shirt, blue shorts, a pair of blue shoulder straps holding up your shorts, and a small red tie.

It was also less stressful. Just a 2-3 hour morning session, then return home for lunch, do a little homework and the rest of the day would be own time own target. I could watch cartoons on tv, take a nap, play with my toys, go to the playground downstairs to play, go with my mother to the town central to jalan jalan or see/buy stuff.

Nowadays, kids would be herded off to some enrichment or tuition class after enduring a full day of being at kindergarten/childcare centre.

Progress? I don't think so.

That is why my family bloodline shall end with me.

AhMeng

Alfrescian (Inf- Comp)
Asset
I wasn't born at KK but I had attended a PAP kindergarten.

Back then the kindergarten uniform was white shirt, blue shorts, a pair of blue shoulder straps holding up your shorts, and a small red tie.

It was also less stressful. Just a 2-3 hour morning session, then return home for lunch, do a little homework and the rest of the day would be own time own target. I could watch cartoons on tv, take a nap, play with my toys, go to the playground downstairs to play, go with my mother to the town central to jalan jalan or see/buy stuff.

Nowadays, kids would be herded off to some enrichment or tuition class after enduring a full day of being at kindergarten/childcare centre.

Progress? I don't think so.

That is why my family bloodline shall end with me.

This is so true!!!!! I did the same too...

god_zeus

Alfrescian
Loyal
working class hero
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/njG7p6CSbCU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

tanwahtiu

Alfrescian
Loyal
Sure is.

That was the time when they say take 25% of your monthly pay to put aside for you and can withdraw when you hit 55.

So what happen now?

Is life tougher now at 55 when they chiong your CPF today?

well, life was certainly tougher during those years in late 60s and early 70s for almost everyone.

income gap wasnt that big and everyone was more or less the same....

but PAP did a good job by providing pre school.

has any opposition party do this? not that i can think of.

it is certainly a big achievement for PAP...