• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Did SIA offer bribes to cover up Silkair Mi185 crash?

noname

Alfrescian
Loyal
I came across an episode of Air Crash Investigation (ACI) on youtube about the crash of Silkair MI185. The documentary suggested that all evidence pointed to pilot suicide, and the father of the dead first officer Duncan Ward claimed there was a cover up.

The air crash investigation series have always been shown on Starhub's NGC channel, but the episodes on MI185 and SQ006 have never been aired locally. Incidentally, both crashes involve pilots - one is a kamikaze pilot and the other is a blur strong (took off from closed runway).

SIA must have paid off somebody NOT to allow these 2 episodes of ACI to be screened. In fact, it appears that who else but SIA greased the palm of the Indonesian chief investigator to alter the cause of the Silkair crash to "inconclusive" in the final report, despite evidence pointed to pilot suicide. May the ghosts of all those who perished haunt these corrupted executives.

syed putra

Alfrescian
Loyal
Errr i thought singapore guv abhor corruption and cheating. What more if it is done by a GLC. It is just not kosher(halal).

sense

Alfrescian
Loyal
SIA must have paid off somebody NOT to allow these 2 episodes of ACI to be screened. In fact, it appears that who else but SIA greased the palm of the Indonesian chief investigator to alter the cause of the Silkair crash to "inconclusive" in the final report, despite evidence pointed to pilot suicide. May the ghosts of all those who perished haunt these corrupted executives.

[video=youtube;o8eHBPHTYE0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o8eHBPHTYE0[/video]

hairylee

Alfrescian
Loyal
One American father and son team had proven faulty servo of rudder, made by Parker Hannifin.
They had successfully fought their case in US court.
Indo investigator report inconclusive but he had the decency to keep the faulty servo in his safe until the father and son team came for it.
That means he knew the servo was the cause of the crash.

ray_of_hope

Alfrescian
Loyal
One American father and son team had proven faulty servo of rudder, made by Parker Hannifin.
They had successfully fought their case in US court.
Indo investigator report inconclusive but he had the decency to keep the faulty servo in his safe until the father and son team came for it.
That means he knew the servo was the cause of the crash.

I saw a documentary on this issue. It says that the defective servo valve was the cause. However, I find it rather difficult to believe that the plane could have gone into an uncontrollable tailspin because of this. Moreover, all the massive amounts of circumstantial evidence pointing to the pilot was ignored by many parties.

Thick Face Black Heart

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Both SQ006 and MI185 have been aired on NGC. But MI185 was very poorly documented, almost as if the producers lacked info and were forced to make up the story to fill the 45 minutes of air time.

Compared to other air crash investigation stories, even to SQ006, the story of MI185 was the most poorly done in the whole series. I watched enough episodes to realize that.

I came across an episode of Air Crash Investigation (ACI) on youtube about the crash of Silkair MI185. The documentary suggested that all evidence pointed to pilot suicide, and the father of the dead first officer Duncan Ward claimed there was a cover up.

The air crash investigation series have always been shown on Starhub's NGC channel, but the episodes on MI185 and SQ006 have never been aired locally. Incidentally, both crashes involve pilots - one is a kamikaze pilot and the other is a blur strong (took off from closed runway).

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
i happen to know the family of the silkair pilot whom he left behind. they live in the east bay. they will cringe at the conspiracy theories here. :rolleyes:

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
He was sole survivor of a flight of RSAF fighter jets that slammed into a Philippines mountainside. His behaviour since has been questionable. For all the nonsense he did, he should have been sacked. Yet SIA demoted him and transferred him to Silkair.

He was not in financial distress despite the rumours. There was no a trail of incidents or episodes to suggest that he was suicidal. His behaviour however complicated the investigation. Things such as switching off the voice recorder is a serious.

Air Traffic controllers covering the region still think (unofficially) that it was a missile strike. As it was in Indonesian airspace, you can never know the true picture as they did the entire investigation. The site is also an estuary and the worse place to recover things.

It will continue to be a mystery.

Thick Face Black Heart

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
i happen to know the family of the silkair pilot whom he left behind. they live in the east bay. they will cringe at the conspiracy theories here. :rolleyes:

A popular one making the rounds in 97 was about the bomb that went off on the plane. Told to me by no less than a commissioned officer of the SAF. But since he held the rank of only LTA, I discounted his words by 99%.

Thick Face Black Heart

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Air Traffic controllers covering the region still think (unofficially) that it was a missile strike. As it was in Indonesian airspace, you can never know the true picture as they did the entire investigation. The site is also an estuary and the worse place to recover things.

It will continue to be a mystery.

The cockpit recorder was turned off 10 min before crash. It can't be that coincidental.

Besides which govt in the world makes a political assassination (assuming there was a target aboard) by downing an entire passenger craft?

sadshishamo

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The Captain was never in SIA as far as i know. So there is no case of him being demoted and sent to Silkair

Last edited:

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
He has switched the voice on previous occasions plus other nonsense.

The speculation by RSAF chaps in Biggin Hill is that is a stray. They could not even plot the trajectory from the blackbox which should have taken sometime. That is why the documentary was also so blur. It appeared like the crash was immediate. It just fell off the radar from its flight path. The radar plots are recorded.

The cockpit recorder was turned off 10 min before crash. It can't be that coincidental.

Besides which govt in the world makes a political assassination (assuming there was a target aboard) by downing an entire passenger craft?

TracyTan866

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Interesting!! Thanks for raising this. Will we get to the bottom of the real cause of the crash?

hairylee

Alfrescian
Loyal
I saw a documentary on this issue. It says that the defective servo valve was the cause. However, I find it rather difficult to believe that the plane could have gone into an uncontrollable tailspin because of this. Moreover, all the massive amounts of circumstantial evidence pointing to the pilot was ignored by many parties.

Boeing 737 had at least 4 cases of similar problems with the rudder.
There was one flight that recovered from the rudder issues and that's how they found the problem.
There was already a documentary on this servo problem.

noname

Alfrescian
Loyal
The Parker hannifin servo/rudder issue has been addressed in the new version of air crash investigation on Silkair MI185. That Silkair 737 was a new aircraft. The servo unit in 4 other earlier 737 crashes was different from the Silkair one, which was recovered, tested and found to be in good working order.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Apologies you were right. I went back to check. Apologies for the cocky reply. He was not in SIA.

He was demoted as trainer pilot to a line pilot. There was a number of complaints and one formal complaint about his conduct.

The Captain was never in SIA as far as i know. So there is no case of him being demoted and sent to Silkair

enterprise2

Alfrescian
Loyal
He has switched the voice on previous occasions plus other nonsense.

The speculation by RSAF chaps in Biggin Hill is that is a stray. They could not even plot the trajectory from the blackbox which should have taken sometime. That is why the documentary was also so blur. It appeared like the crash was immediate. It just fell off the radar from its flight path. The radar plots are recorded.

This case has relevance to me. I lost a good friend