• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Did Low Thia Khiang backstab his mentor JBJ? (Revisited)

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Friends and enemies all over the world
But where to find a woman to fall in love

Xie xie ni. Wrt your question, do you have that problem? Mine is, I find too many women to love and vice versa that 24 hrs a day is not enough for me.

I am also handicap, like all others, that I do not possess more than one weapon. God also made us physically unable to keep shooting all day. Perhaps this will all change in the next world.

Perspective

Alfrescian
Loyal
It's not true that LTK does not speak much in Parliament. It's the impression painted by the media. LTK has near perfect attendance record and always go with a script in hand. However, not all PAP backbenchers and NMPs are snoring away and many want to speak too. They have to take turns. It's also not true that LTK has a poor grasp of English. Again, it's the impression painted by the media. His command of English has improved a lot through the years. Along with his natural wit, it's more common that he mocks at PAP MPs than being mocked at.

The weakness of LTK isn't not speaking up, but relying too much on the Parliament platform. There are several weaknesses to this:

1) You are among the 80-over voices and the mainstream media will accord you the publicity as such - one sentence daily.
2) You cannot do recording of the proceedings.
3) You are also not allowed to publish proceedings online.
4) You are only filing questions at sittings. Questions are not positions. If I asked you why you like chicken rice, I am not saying that I don't like chicken rice.

Hardly anyone knows WP in Parliament action. I have seen LTK in action myself - he's somewhere between JBJ and what netizens think of the "silent" LTK in their view. Which is nice for me. But many people do not know that.

WP needs to make press statements on some days and also find some way to publicize their work in Parliament. The online platform is not an online platform but a national platform and the only one you have that you can control.

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I just introduce you a chiobu beautician, din i? :p

Too high fuel consumption, too high maintenance.

Xie xie ni. Wrt your question, do you have that problem? Mine is, I find too many women to love and vice versa that 24 hrs a day is not enough for me.

I am also handicap, like all others, that I do not possess more than one weapon. God also made us physically unable to keep shooting all day. Perhaps this will all change in the next world.

Making love and falling in love are two different things. 24 hours per day and a single-loading weapon is good enough as I'm looking for just one.

SIFU

Alfrescian
Loyal
another question : did big-ego-ramseth backstab his former buddy gms?

wow wow. lovebirds now at horns with each other. initially mr. big ego still try to conceal sarcasm with humor. now just whack. hahaha. 2 stupid fools competing to see who is the greater one. lol.

kingrant

Alfrescian
Loyal
You have summed it up pretty well. Therefore Scroobal's point is also valid - that he needs to make use of other fora or platforms such as brick n mortar TOC participation with other parties. He also needs a consistent mantra that people can id or brand him with.

The weakness of LTK isn't not speaking up, but relying too much on the Parliament platform.

normalsingaporean

Alfrescian
Loyal
I thought it is nice to revisit this topic. LTK was critized heavily in this thread for his 'methods' by a number of the seasoned forumers here. I guess the GE2011 results for WP speaks for itself.

For those who followed our political trends, the takedown of a GRC by WP bears some resemblance to the trends in 1991 when SDP took 3 seats and narrowly lost a couple of others. SDP was then thought to be the alternative party.

A great deal of work lies ahead for WP. Externally, it needs to build up the grassroot organizations quickly. Internally, it will need to manage the egos and expectations from both elected and non-elected members.

The PAP will improve and up its game. And to many of us, it can only be good for Singapore. For WP in 2016, it needs to convince the electorate on why it needs a large group of elected WP MPs with the potential to take over the govt. Singaporeans are still conservative in nature.

That is the main point that people like Scroobal totally miss. The upcoming election is only the 3rd election that LTK is leading the party into and look at 2001 vs the next one. One will be able to judge objectively if you compare 2001 vs 2011.

History will judge LTK using CST as a benchmark. CST managed to secure 3 seats as SDP SG. How many seats will WP secure in the next few elections with LTK as SG, that is the benchmark. Scroobal, you are really nitpicking and putting the cart before the horse.

In my opinion, LTK will never be the outspoken and charismatic opposition Messir that many of the people look for. However, he can be one hell of an organiser for the party that he serves (WP in this case). The fact that Sylvia Lim is given so much promience in WP is statement to LTK's leadership.

Conqueror

Alfrescian
Loyal
I agree.

And in the process you end up with half baked charlatans like LTK and CST in parliament. Tell me after 20 - 30 years in parliament what have either LTK and CST accomplished? LTK has the gall to tell Sinkies to "tan ku ku" for another 50 years!!! Do Singaporeans really want an opposition that will cower or kneel before the PAP and worse kiss their feet?

If you are satisfied with that, then by all means please vote for LTK and CST and their respective parties. They will continue to play "masak masak" with the PAP.

The PAP views CSJ who just like JBJ as a threat and threw their entire machinery at them. Both these individuals rock the very foundations upon which the PAP is built.

Dr. Chee is not your usual everyday Singaporean. He's got the guts to state a point where most people will just shudder with fear and huddle in a corner whenever Lee speaks slightly louder. Chee has the persona of a freedom fighter and he personifies "Democracy". That's why there good men and women who will join his rank to fight fascists.

Sibehzun

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: I agree.

Dr. Chee is not your usual everyday Singaporean. He's got the guts to state a point where most people will just shudder with fear and huddle in a corner whenever Lee speaks slightly louder. Chee has the persona of a freedom fighter and he personifies "Democracy". That's why there good men and women who will join his rank to fight fascists.

This is precisely the reason why CSJ will never make it as a politician in the Singapore context at the moment.
To be a true politician you need to understand the people and pander to the masses. Civil disobedience as practiced by CSJ is too abstract an idea for the average Singaporean. Although they have changed this GE2011, CSJ's reputation is too heavy a baggage for the rest of SDP members to carry as can be seen by their GE results. TSJ, WV, ML, AYG would have given VB a tougher fight riding on WP ticket.
What's the use of having 'guts' and being a 'freedom fighter' if you can't rally the people you are fighting for to stand behind you?

kukubird58

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: I agree.

hahaha......the mighty csj has really disappointed his supporters like me....
when is he going to sue LKY for calling him a DUD which was reported in the MSM.......

Last edited: