• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Dexter brand shoes from Pay Less Shoes.......worth buying ?

kingrant

Alfrescian
Loyal
Mine lasted 20 years, the leather top is so tough, only lately is it wearing through at two small holes. The sole never seems to wear off. I tihnk I only bought it for a song. Can't find the model anymore, and the new models look too dandy.

I am still wearing them, after returning from a trip to my fav cobbler. He's a retiree from a successful business, took up cobbling as a hobby and works only for fun, children all grown up and have their successful lives. Charges for his time and materials. Somewhere in Hougang. Imagine!

Hush Puppies not too bad. Mine lasted 3 years. Decenty priced. Timberland can be expensive.

kaipoh

Alfrescian
Loyal
Get LKY brand, cost a bit more but put it on, no one dare to block your way!

went to Tampines 1 recently and saw this shop called Pay Less Shoes......selling this Dexter brand of shoes supposedly from US............

got loafers or boat shoes selling for $55............anyone got any experience with this brand...........seems like an okay buy leh.........

GOD IS MY DOG

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Mine lasted 20 years, the leather top is so tough, only lately is it wearing through at two small holes. The sole never seems to wear off. I tihnk I only bought it for a song. Can't find the model anymore, and the new models look too dandy.

I am still wearing them, after returning from a trip to my fav cobbler. He's a retiree from a successful business, took up cobbling as a hobby and works only for fun, children all grown up and have their successful lives. Charges for his time and materials. Somewhere in Hougang. Imagine!

what brand of shoes can last 20 years...................and soles never wear off............wear once a year huh ?

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I would only buy mine, only from Timberland, back then...

I have both the Timberland classic & Sperry Topsiders. Got the sperry locally & the Timberland from Amazon.

The Timberland only cost US$99. Both are good brands, but I would go with the Timberland because it seems to be more rugged,

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
not german brand lah................owned by bata................the brand maybe old defunct brand registered in germany.............

tried them but no have my size.............either too small or too big...........bought their slippers for 30 bucks......so-so lah..........

BATA stands for buy and throw away.

Quality of the sole is very important, as in the material. Make sure it is very slip resistant on oily surface, like hawker centers etc.

By far, I find red wing sole to be the best. Timberland sole is crap:mad:

Red Wing used to be good. Back when only shop was in Far East plaza.
Now somehow quality dropped already

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I have both the Timberland classic & Sperry Topsiders. Got the sperry locally & the Timberland from Amazon.

The Timberland only cost US$99. Both are good brands, but I would go with the Timberland because it seems to be more rugged,

Timbers boat shoes are only in design looked like boat shoes.
Real boat shoes (or deck shoes) have thin white rubber soles....distinctive non marking soles to be worn on boats....wet grip on deck but without scratching the boat.

Never skimp on good shoes because your feet are very important

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
what brand of shoes can last 20 years...................and soles never wear off............wear once a year huh ?

One of the longest lasting brands of shoe I know are Dr Martins.
Given a pair back when they were the rage. The distributor was my friend who brought the brand in....made millions instantly. Now I dun wear the brand as sick of the design....every pair looked the same

kingrant

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hush Puppies lor. The shoes I wore daily, across continents, to the malls, for cycling, for working...no exaggeration.

Thats why I said I cant find such shoes again if they finally fall apart. The top leather is tough as nails. the sole is a kind of hard foam rubber. And the best thing is, they are non-slip.

GOD IS MY DOG

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
One of the longest lasting brands of shoe I know are Dr Martins.
Given a pair back when they were the rage. The distributor was my friend who brought the brand in....made millions instantly. Now I dun wear the brand as sick of the design....every pair looked the same

bought 3 pairs..............2 pairs made in England................last pair made in China..............

ALL 3 pairs' soles developed long horizontal split...............i had to seal thee splits with superglue............

GOD IS MY DOG

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Hush Puppies lor. The shoes I wore daily, across continents, to the malls, for cycling, for working...no exaggeration.

Thats why I said I cant find such shoes again if they finally fall apart. The top leather is tough as nails. the sole is a kind of hard foam rubber. And the best thing is, they are non-slip.

i ever wear Hush Puppies before................durability so so only leh..............

Rogue Trader

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Shoes from Hush puppies look like TANKS!

For dressy office shoes I really like the designs from Pedro. Unfortunately each pair lasts only about 4 months for me. Good thing they are cheap.

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Is he a cobbler ot shoe maker??

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Timbers boat shoes are only in design looked like boat shoes.
Real boat shoes (or deck shoes) have thin white rubber soles....distinctive non marking soles to be worn on boats....wet grip on deck but without scratching the boat.

Never skimp on good shoes because your feet are very important

Nowadays, the so call boat shoes, are not the type, we used to know in the past...the fact is, we cannot trust any brands anymore....they are made cheap in China, Vietnam, Bangladesh etc... & they are not so proud of their quality anymore.

I used to buy shoes from Americaya...they are still around I think so,. back then, their shoes are very pricey...but it is the quality you are paying for...