• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Despite Paying Ministers Millions for Years, SG Education System Has Gone Down DRAIN

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Coffeeshop Chit Chat - School kids badly brought up in S'pore

<TBODY>
</TBODY>
sunshinebolx <NOBR></NOBR>
1:10 am
To:
ALL <NOBR></NOBR>
(1 of 5)

<TBODY>
</TBODY>

<TBODY>
</TBODY>

<TBODY>
</TBODY>

This morning I was standing in a bus filled with young school kids seated and some standing. Shouting in Mandarin and listening to loud Mandarin songs from their mobiles. Traveling along Bishan Rd. an elderly Indian gentleman boarded the bus carrying a load of books in a bag and carrying a sling bag across his shoulders. Standing with his heavy load, none of the kids desired to offer the elderly person with his heavy load a seat. While traveling along Bishan St.22 one of the male students aged about 16 years vacated a seat to alight. So the elderly Indian gent was about to occupy that vacant seat, when another schoolboy about 15 years of age standing nearby blocked that seat with his hands. I noticed the elderly gent asking, what he was trying to prove and gently removed his hands from blocking that seat to sit down. That 15 year old school boy got so mad and started screaming at the calm elderly person. Just than the other school boy who had vacated that seat earlier returned and threateningly told the elderly person that the seat was given to his friend and he should give that seat to his friend. The elderly person asked the boy as to why was his friend still standing when the seat was offered to him earlier. The boy still kept on asking as to why he took his friend's seat and the elderly man maintained that the seat was vacant and he was the first to occupy it although his friend tried to block the elderly person from occupying the seat. I also heard him tell off the boy that he did not own any seats in the bus to reserve for his friends and should have considerations for the elderly. Obviously he could nut understand English well as he sounded like a Singapore ah beng. Looking around as no other passengers were coming to his assistance and out of frustration he yelled at the elderly person to watch out and that he will be meeting him next time outside. The elderly person responded by saying, no need for next time and meeting right now will be fine. The young boy quickly got off the bus. The elderly Indian looked more like a teacher himself with all the books that he was carrying with him. The boy who tried to block the seat standing got off at the nearby Sin Ming Avenue near the condos where the schools are located. However what surprised me most was the way all the young student selfishly behaved in the bus with nil consideration for that old man with the heavy loads that he carried. At least they could have offered him a seat as most of the students got off at Sin Ming Avenue near the condos where the school is located.
I was just wondering what these schools are teaching our kids, to be behaving like these kids in the bus ! Sadly this school kid can even unashamedly go to the extent of threatening an old man over a seat, when they know that their school is nearby in Sin Ming Ave where they will be alighting soon.

Edited 4/11/2012 6:32 am ET by sunshinebolx

Last edited:

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Re: Despite Paying Ministers Millions for Years, SG Education System Has Gone Down DR

Follow Pappies motto....you die your business.....

Agoraphobic

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: Despite Paying Ministers Millions for Years, SG Education System Has Gone Down DR

This is very true among most of the school kids in Singapore nowadays. They are only concerned with their own well-being. Although not everyone is like this, the few who are like that are bold and know they can get away with it.

During my time, even the "terror" students with secret society triad friends had respect for elderly folk. You won't see this happening in a public place. There was respect for elders.

So much for the education system churning out students with a string a "A"s when few would stand up for righteousness.