• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Delivery rider dies in Hougang accident; lorry driver arrested for drink driving

SirRichard

Alfrescian
Loyal

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
Do you feel the same way when you see pic 2 of him riding next to the lorry.. That moment he was still alive and minutes later, his time on earth is taken away? I dunno how to explain but i feel so sad seeing this.. You really won't know when your life will be taken away.. one moment breath, next moment gone.

I think it's a great way to go. However I feel sorry for the loved ones.

shiokalingam

Alfrescian
Loyal
Do you feel the same way when you see pic 2 of him riding next to the lorry.. That moment he was still alive and minutes later, his time on earth is taken away? I dunno how to explain but i feel so sad seeing this.. You really won't know when your life will be taken away.. one moment breath, next moment gone.

me think Grab do visit this forum.
after these Pics , MOM and Grab finally came out to say assisting his Family etc ...

shiokalingam

Alfrescian
Loyal
Grab probably charge loss to next of kin.pay up or no employment for entire family.

Grab has spoken on Monday 5 Sept , see ST below :

IMG_20220906_170038.jpg

The accident took place in Buangkok Green, towards Sengkang East Road.

The delivery rider was unconscious when he was taken to Tan Tock Seng Hospital, where he subsequently died.

The 54-year-old lorry driver was arrested for drink driving, and MOM said he is assisting with police investigations.

On Monday, a spokesman for Grab said the company is aware of the accident and is in touch with the rider's family to provide support.

Cottonmouth

Alfrescian
Loyal
Grab has spoken on Monday 5 Sept , see ST below :

View attachment 159287
The accident took place in Buangkok Green, towards Sengkang East Road.

The delivery rider was unconscious when he was taken to Tan Tock Seng Hospital, where he subsequently died.

The 54-year-old lorry driver was arrested for drink driving, and MOM said he is assisting with police investigations.

On Monday, a spokesman for Grab said the company is aware of the accident and is in touch with the rider's family to provide support.

This is considered workplace fatality??
Wouldn't it be like Grab deliveryman killed by customer for no chili.

borom

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
So called first class, world class economy where " nobody is left behind" and yet so many locals have to survive doing these menial and dangerous jobs .
There is a high rate of underemployment in Singapore but I do not see the issue being discussed in Parliament where the PAP ministers always blow the trumpet of foreigners