• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Delivery and takeaway models unsustainable, restaurant owners kpkb liao

micromachine

Lieutenant General
Loyal
SINGAPORE: For the first time in its 25-year history, Swee Kee Eating House has shut its doors.

It was a poignant moment for its owner, Mr Cedric Tang. He had grown up running along the shophouses at Amoy Street. The staff, many of them in their 60s who had worked there since its opening, had been there to witness those carefree moments.

Now, he has to send three of them home for a month on unpaid leave.

"It's heartbreaking," he said. "They are long-time staff who have been working for us. They saw me grow up from a little kid playing around in the restaurant.

"To me, they are family, so it’s tough to know you can’t take care of them."

Like Mr Tang, many restaurant owners in the central business district had to brace themselves for the new reality that would hit them when Singapore’s "circuit breaker" measures began on Tuesday (Apr 7).

More at https://www.channelnewsasia.com/new...takeaway-restaurants-circuit-breaker-12615976

tanwahtiu

Alfrescian
Loyal
Ah puikia Tang the 1% is trying out NWO to last 1 year. Still dont follow think outside the square or drop dead.

They want to reduce cars, trucks and vans population and improve ride sharing and driverless car... and kill small biz.

myfoot123

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
SINGAPORE: For the first time in its 25-year history, Swee Kee Eating House has shut its doors.

Now, he has to send three of them home for a month on unpaid leave.

"It's heartbreaking," he said. "They are long-time staff who have been working for us. They saw me grow up from a little kid playing around in the restaurant.

"To me, they are family, so it’s tough to know you can’t take care of them."

Like Mr Tang, many restaurant owners in the central business district had to brace themselves for the new reality that would hit them when Singapore’s "circuit breaker" measures began on Tuesday (Apr 7).

More at https://www.channelnewsasia.com/new...takeaway-restaurants-circuit-breaker-12615976
Let me sum up what I saw: They are treated like family members during our restaurant thriving time. I cannot afford to pay them for one month. So I send them away. They die their own business. This F&B boss tell the govt that this is how they will treat the loyal workers in bad times. Unless the govt give these bosses some money, forget about how many landed properties these bosses have.