• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

DBS retrenchment, has DBS really waked up ?

kuntakinte

Alfrescian
Loyal
A few years after the last crisis, in 2003, I started my little business. I had a few encounters with DBS at DBS building Shenton Way. Not to mention those moronic and bureaucratic APRO security guards, just gave them some authority, they thought they were world police. But, the matter of the fact is, they are just dogs in the DBS Dog Compound !!!

I was delivering some stuff and these dogs prevented me from using the passenger lifts and insisted that I turned one round to the back door to get my pass to use the cargo lift. Ironically, the back door is just behind the passenger lift where I was and I can't walk through, I had to make a round to the back. WTF !!! STOP !! No point talking to dogs.... they dun understand human language, you need to bark. But, damned, I am no dog... I refuse to bark and make that round to the back door. This is the beginning of a SUPER BUREAUCRATIC JOURNEY !!

I waited for 20 minutes for the cargo lift to descend from floor to floor. The moment the cargo lift open on the 5th level for some mineral water delivery, I made my way to the passenger lifts and got to any floor that I wanted to hand in those documents.

Going to these floors are easy, getting the correct person to acknowledge and accept the documents is DIFFICULT !!! SUPER BUREAUCRATIC !! When I rang the bell, a lady opened the door and I told her I wanted to see so-and-so. The lady said that so-and-so is out and I asked her if she could accept the document on her behalf so that she could gave it to her when so-and-so is back. The answer ? NO !! DIFFERENT DEPARTMENT. Gosh, this is same very answer that I received from almost every floor I went to especially if the person I wish to see is not in. I could not believe it !!! Such a "big" local bank and yet so BUREAUCRATIC !!

So, when I saw the following news, I hope that all the deadwoods, loafers, freewheelers, and toadies are removed in the process. If that MD mentioned below belongs to the above (I suspected so), HE F88KING DESERVE IT !! IT'S LONG OVERDUE !!! DAMNED ..... IT TAKES DBS 5 YEARS TO REALIZE !!

http://www.straitstimes.com/print/Breaking+News/Singapore/Story/STIStory_301888.html

Nov 13, 2008
DBS starts to axe staff
By Robin Chan , Francis Chan
IT WAS a day of tears, tension and disappointment at DBS Bank on Thursday as the first of hundreds of employees were told that they had been laid off.

It is unclear how many staff lost their jobs on Thursday but a DBS spokesperson said most of those earmarked to go will be told by Friday night.

The start of the layoffs did bring a degree of relief to the 7,600 bank staff here who have been nervously waiting to see where and when the axe would fall.

A woman in the corporate banking department told The Straits Times outside the bank's Shenton Way base: 'No one could focus today. It's like our September 11 - the atmosphere was so tense.

'No one, not even MDs (managing directors) knew who would be the next to go. Everyone was just waiting for the phone call. I'm just glad this day is almost over. But we have one more day to get through.'

Experienced managing directors were some of the first to be told they were no longer needed.

One aged 55 told The Straits Times: 'I've given more than two decades of service to the bank. Of course I'm disappointed with the organisation.'

After arriving at his office as usual, he was summoned to human resources by telephone yesterday morning and let go immediately.

At around 4pm in the afternoon, as he walked down to his car, which was loaded with boxes of personal effects, he shook hands with colleagues he had worked with for many years. Others patted him on his back.

'I feel like this could have been done in a different way,' he said.

Here you are, here comes a SUPER BIG HYPOCRITE from PAP !!! Please lah, dun tok cock la.... You still have a long way to learn from Swaying Willow Pinky. This f88king hypocrite does not know what is going on in DBS, but, quick to jump to get empathy and votes from the common people. This shows that he is quick to sell his mum to the next bidder !! A real MOTHERF88KER !!!

http://www.straitstimes.com/print/Breaking+News/Singapore/Story/STIStory_302299.html

Nov 14, 2008
DBS slammed for layoffs
By Sue-Ann Chia

LABOUR chief Lim Swee Say on Friday slammed DBS Bank for failing to consult its staff union on retrenching its workers or exploring other cost-cutting measures first.

'We are disappointed by the sudden decision,' he told The Straits Times when asked for his views on the DBS layoffs.

'There was no prior consultation with the DBS Staff Union. There was no exploration with the union on other cost reduction alternatives,' he said in an email reply on Friday.

Mr Lim, an advisor to the DBS staff union, said this lack of communication has weakened the trust between the bank's management and union.

Not mincing his words, he added: 'It is regretable because trust takes a long time to build but a short time to destroy.'

His criticism came on day 2 of DBS' retrenchment exercise, a move that has drawn flak from the public as being pre-emptive rather than reactive.

Mr Lim laid it on, saying: 'Perception on the ground is that DBS has decided on retrenchment as the first resort. Ground reaction is critical and highly negative.'

DBS is laying off 900 workers, with slightly more than half coming from Singapore and the rest from its Hong Kong office.

The secretary-general of the National Trades Union Congress (NTUC) also had a word of advice for other companies.

'We do not demand zero retrenchment because we know fully well that at times, it is better to let go of some workers so that the remaining workers can survive and keep their jobs, then for business to be closed down and for all workers to lose their jobs,' he said.

'However, we do not support retrenchment as the first resort because there are alternatives for us to explore together to reduce cost and save jobs - from flexible wage system to flexible work arrangements.'

lifeafter41

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
A few years after the last crisis, in 2003, I started my little business. I had a few encounters with DBS at DBS building Shenton Way. Not to mention those moronic and bureaucratic APRO security guards, just gave them some authority, they thought they were world police. But, the matter of the fact is, they are just dogs in the DBS Dog Compound !!!

I was delivering some stuff and these dogs prevented me from using the passenger lifts and insisted that I turned one round to the back door to get my pass to use the cargo lift. Ironically, the back door is just behind the passenger lift where I was and I can't walk through, I had to make a round to the back. WTF !!! STOP !! No point talking to dogs.... they dun understand human language, you need to bark. But, damned, I am no dog... I refuse to bark and make that round to the back door. This is the beginning of a SUPER BUREAUCRATIC JOURNEY !!

I waited for 20 minutes for the cargo lift to descend from floor to floor. The moment the cargo lift open on the 5th level for some mineral water delivery, I made my way to the passenger lifts and got to any floor that I wanted to hand in those documents.

Going to these floors are easy, getting the correct person to acknowledge and accept the documents is DIFFICULT !!! SUPER BUREAUCRATIC !! When I rang the bell, a lady opened the door and I told her I wanted to see so-and-so. The lady said that so-and-so is out and I asked her if she could accept the document on her behalf so that she could gave it to her when so-and-so is back. The answer ? NO !! DIFFERENT DEPARTMENT. Gosh, this is same very answer that I received from almost every floor I went to especially if the person I wish to see is not in. I could not believe it !!! Such a "big" local bank and yet so BUREAUCRATIC !!

So, when I saw the following news, I hope that all the deadwoods, loafers, freewheelers, and toadies are removed in the process. If that MD mentioned below belongs to the above (I suspected so), HE F88KING DESERVE IT !! IT'S LONG OVERDUE !!! DAMNED ..... IT TAKES DBS 5 YEARS TO REALIZE !!

Here you are, here comes a SUPER BIG HYPOCRITE from PAP !!! Please lah, dun tok cock la.... You still have a long way to learn from Swaying Willow Pinky. This f88king hypocrite does not know what is going on in DBS, but, quick to jump to get empathy and votes from the common people. This shows that he is quick to sell his mum to the next bidder !! A real MOTHERF88KER !!!

It goes to show that even a GLC such as DBS don't give a hoot about NTUC hype about flexible wage system or flexible work arrangement.

It seems to me their hoopla of FTs coming to Singapore to benefit Singaporean is giving them a slap on their face.

eugene_chan

Alfrescian
Loyal
Quote//

One aged 55 told The Straits Times: 'I've given more than two decades of service to the bank. Of course I'm disappointed with the organisation.'

After arriving at his office as usual, he was summoned to human resources by telephone yesterday morning and let go immediately.

At around 4pm in the afternoon, as he walked down to his car, which was loaded with boxes of personal effects, he shook hands with colleagues he had worked with for many years. Others patted him on his back.

'I feel like this could have been done in a different way,' he said. //Unquote

Who is this 55 year old guy? Did he loose any monies in the Lehman Mini Bonds?

kuntakinte

Alfrescian
Loyal
Of course not !! He is definitely not hit by the Lehman Brothers fiasco. Probably, he is one of those toadies, loafers, or freewheelers.

Do you really believe this guy ? 2 decades of doing nothing. Imagine, this guy has actually worked for 1 year, garner that 1 year experience, behave and work for 20 years based on that 1 year experience. So, that 1 year experience is replicated over 20 years without any improvement, increase productivity, or efficiency. So, effectively, he only gives his 1 year best effort and not 20. Because, it is that 1 year effort multiply by 20, and that, doesn't give you 20 years of experience and effort put into DBS.

And, that deadwood still expect to carry on for another few years with the same attitude ?

Gosh......

'I feel like this could have been done in a different way,' he said.

Who is this 55 year old guy? Did he loose any monies in the Lehman Mini Bonds?

kchunjeng

Alfrescian
Loyal
Co next to Unisteel plan to axe any staff with salary more than S$4000. it's coming..it's coming..be prepared. :mad::mad::mad::mad:

Nice-Gook

Alfrescian
Loyal
I had a terrible time with DBS too.I was just trying to make a payment for some outstanding on behalf of my friend.I was given the merry go around.I q for half an hour and the counter staff told me not her job.I consulted 2 information officers before that.After an hour later a manager came out an settled the matter in two minutes.Gosh,all these trouble just to pay them!!!!!!!!

snrcitizen

Alfrescian
Loyal
It goes to show that even a GLC such as DBS don't give a hoot about NTUC hype about flexible wage system or flexible work arrangement.

It seems to me their hoopla of FTs coming to Singapore to benefit Singaporean is giving them a slap on their face.

You think that guy didn't know about the retrenchment at DBS? He works in the PMO, the PM is the hubby of the bitch in charge of Temasek which owns DBS.

He definitely knew about it all, long before DBS even mentioned retrenchment. What he said to the press is for public consumption, so that he sounds as though he is looking after the employee's interests.

sammyboi

Alfrescian
Loyal
a quick reply and a quick retrenchment is always good for service....they will provide you with better ones in future.

kuntakinte

Alfrescian
Loyal
So, you see, these deadwoods at DBS, do you think they deserve the sacking ?

Once you have deadwoods and morons in an organization, the company bottomline will definitely south bound. In recession time like this, it is time to clear the craps and rubbish. Badly managed companies will be removed and companies with strong fundamental will emerge.

I had a terrible time with DBS too.I was just trying to make a payment for some outstanding on behalf of my friend.I was given the merry go around.I q for half an hour and the counter staff told me not her job.I consulted 2 information officers before that.After an hour later a manager came out an settled the matter in two minutes.Gosh,all these trouble just to pay them!!!!!!!!

kuntakinte

Alfrescian
Loyal
So, we should award Lim Shit Suay in the forthcoming Mediacock Stars Award as the BEST new comer award?

You think that guy didn't know about the retrenchment at DBS? He works in the PMO, the PM is the hubby of the bitch in charge of Temasek which owns DBS.

He definitely knew about it all, long before DBS even mentioned retrenchment. What he said to the press is for public consumption, so that he sounds as though he is looking after the employee's interests.

sammyboi

Alfrescian
Loyal
someone ought to take car of that ANG MO CEO of DBS>...the cheek to come into people's country and start his firings

kuntakinte

Alfrescian
Loyal
Sorry, firing is one of the responsibilities of a CEO. He needs to in order to trim the company where redundant departments, deadwoods, and loafers are gotten rid of.

But, I just can't tolerate his "be a pappy lapdog" stance. A White Thrash that behaves like snake without backbone and glide along with PAP craps.

someone ought to take car of that ANG MO CEO of DBS>...the cheek to come into people's country and start his firings

Nice-Gook

Alfrescian
Loyal
So, you see, these deadwoods at DBS, do you think they deserve the sacking ?

Once you have deadwoods and morons in an organization, the company bottomline will definitely south bound. In recession time like this, it is time to clear the craps and rubbish. Badly managed companies will be removed and companies with strong fundamental will emerge.

What makes you think things would improve after this sacking?You mean no financial crisis no sacking!!!....of course,the financial crisis itself is not due deadwoods floating around DBS.It was there,its there now.Will be there in future.

The fact is DBS is managed just like PAP manages this sinkie land.Too many little LKYs on the top management.When things go wrong little guys gets sacked.

Remember,what one US president said,'the buck stop here' written right over where he sat.Will LKY or LHL or Labour chief LIM dare say same same?

1sickpuppy

Alfrescian
Loyal

Yah me too but in all my years in SG there are 3 organisations that really make my blood boil. They are Immigration, DBS and Great Eastern.

kuntakinte

Alfrescian
Loyal
I am not sure if you are aware of economy and management are important to a company. About your fact about DBS running like PAP, if you are saying that DBS is bureaucratic like PAP and civil servants, I agree. Dun forget, DBS is a commercial entity, any mismanagement, heads will roll. As for PAP, if they made mistakes, they try to cover up and blind moronic voters (66%), they are still gahment at the end of the day when they garner 51% votes. As for DBS, if they made mistakes, profitability suffers.

For commercial entities, during good times, deadwoods, loafers, toadies, and freewheelers enjoy the good time without much notice because the environment is rosy. In bad times, close management scrutiny comes in. Bad practises, got to go. Deadwoods, got to go. Departments that lose money, wind up.

So, in recession or financial crisis, it is restructuring time whether it is willingly or unwillingly. Willingly means steps are taken to trim. Unwillingly means that companies with bad practises and take no action will go bankrupt.

Lastly, dun forget, LKY, LHL, or Lim Shit Suay, they are politicians and hypocritical. These bastards will say things to glorify themselves, to win votes, or to empathize pretentiously.

What makes you think things would improve after this sacking?You mean no financial crisis no sacking!!!....of course,the financial crisis itself is not due deadwoods floating around DBS.It was there,its there now.Will be there in future.

The fact is DBS is managed just like PAP manages this sinkie land.Too many little LKYs on the top management.When things go wrong little guys gets sacked.

Remember,what one US president said,'the buck stop here' written right over where he sat.Will LKY or LHL or Labour chief LIM dare say same same?

snrcitizen

Alfrescian
Loyal
Oh.... shall we nominate him as a BEST Supporting Male Role ?

Hehe. I will second that. :p

Well said.Nabey this sort of acting is getting a wee bit tiresome.

Look at what happened after his clever acting? MOM, in today's news, has now come out (wayang) with new guidelines in retrenchment - give union one month notice on impending retrenchments and this guy says the union will support management. What does this mean for workers who are going to be retrenched? Zilch.

What has he done for the workers? Zilch. :eek: