• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

DBS offer full compensation to mini-bond holders

Friday, October 10, 2008
SCMP Today
Report by: Michael Logan

DBS Bank in Hong Kong has said it will offer full compensation to customers who bought mini-bonds issued by Lehman Brothers. Customers only need to prove to DBS that DBS staff misled them during the sales process (0:23).

eeoror88

Alfrescian
Loyal
Siow .... How to prove?? No tape recordings.

The Loser who even though understood exactly what they are buying also feign complete ignorance right ??

Cestbon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
It will be a case of your words against mine. :o

You right! How to prove? I think only those bo tak che can prove it. Just need to said that don't understand what is been sign lo. They ask me to sign I sign lo.. :biggrin:

eeoror88

Alfrescian
Loyal
If MAS take this route, they will open the pandora box to a whole load of future complaints when any investment turns sour !!

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
You right! How to prove? I think only those bo tak che can prove it. Just need to said that don't understand what is been sign lo. They ask me to sign I sign lo.. :biggrin:

In HK, one can't claim not understanding English as excuse, cause all HK financial brochures and documents are printed in both English and Chinese (legal requirement). However, some aunties and uncles may be able to claim illiteracy in both languages.

sleaguepunter

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Friday, October 10, 2008
SCMP Today

DBS Bank in Hong Kong has said it will offer full compensation to customers who bought mini-bonds issued by Lehman Brothers. Customers only need to prove to DBS that DBS staff misled them during the sales process (0:23).

like that difficult to prove, most likely just a wayang. DBS will not pay compensation. Bank employees words against investors words, for all you know, the financial planners who sold the products may had left DBS. Like that even harder to prove.:rolleyes:

JohnTT

Alfrescian
Loyal
What about DBS Singapore & Singaporeans who bought?

Maybe b'cos Singaporeans have long been perceived as suckers. :biggrin:

JinGanKor

Alfrescian
Loyal
There is alot of financial terms and techinical terms which even the RM selling it doesnot even understand half of it. not to talk about ordinary folks.

How long did they spend to explain to the investor about all the terms and the risk involve? I think the RM will need a very long time to explain fully to the investor (especially those who only wanted to renew their fixed deposit). Even longer since they are just salesman, with alot of terms they dont even know it themselves.

Z

Zombie

There is alot of financial terms and techinical terms which even the RM selling it doesnot even understand half of it. not to talk about ordinary folks.

How long did they spend to explain to the investor about all the terms and the risk involve? I think the RM will need a very long time to explain fully to the investor (especially those who only wanted to renew their fixed deposit). Even longer since they are just salesman, with alot of terms they dont even know it themselves.

If they don't understand, then they should not dump money into it.

They need to prove "misleading", not just "misunderstanding".

eeoror88

Alfrescian
Loyal
like that difficult to prove, most likely just a wayang. DBS will not pay compensation. Bank employees words against investors words, for all you know, the financial planners who sold the products may had left DBS. Like that even harder to prove.:rolleyes:

Totally ridiculous !!

If DBS really pays, it will open a wide pandora box in the future. Any investment goes sour, the buyers will say misleading, etc and take back money !!

Like that I also want to invest. Sure win no lose one !!:mad::mad:

JinGanKor

Alfrescian
Loyal
even in the same land, there is already double standard or even triple or more.

now it is 2 different lands, if anyone is expecting the same result, i think wait for striking 4d has a higher chance.

eeoror88

Alfrescian
Loyal
Totally ridiculous !!

If DBS really pays, it will open a wide pandora box in the future. Any investment goes sour, the buyers will say misleading, etc and take back money !!

Like that I also want to invest alot. Sure win no lose one !!

TeeKee

Alfrescian
Loyal
Totally ridiculous !!

Like that I also want to invest alot. Sure win no lose one !!

can class action sue for misleading the people what....

how can they name high risks investments as bonds?

kuntakinte

Alfrescian
Loyal
How to prove ?

Isn't it the same to ask Clinton666 to prove that he was a man when shem was fitted with a plastic cunt !! How could a chow ah qua proves that he was a man ???

Friday, October 10, 2008
SCMP Today