• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

David Carradine found dead. Suicide suspected

sammyman666

Alfrescian
Loyal
Kung Fu star Carradine found dead

Kill Bill and Kung Fu star David Carradine has been found dead in a Bangkok hotel room on Thursday.

Thai police told the BBC a hotel maid found the 72-year-old naked in a wardrobe with a cord around his neck and other parts of his body.

The US star was in Thailand filming his latest film, Stretch, according to his personal manager Chuck Binder.

Mr Binder said the news was "shocking", adding: "He was full of life, always wanting to work... a great person."

Police said the actor's body was found in a suite at the 5-star Swissotel Nai Lert Park hotel.

A US embassy official confirmed the actor's death, but added that the cause of death had not yet been established.

However, Thai newspaper The Nation reported that police believe the actor took his own life, and preliminary investigations found that he hanged himself.

Carradine was part of an acting dynasty which included his father, John Carradine, and brothers Bruce, Keith and Robert.

The star was best known for his role as Kwai Chang Caine in the 1970s TV series Kung Fu, which spawned sequels in the '80s and '90s.

The character became one of the most iconic roles in US TV and earned Carradine both Emmy and Golden Globe nominations.

While his film career saw him working with directors including Martin Scorsese and Ingmar Bergman, the cult actor was considered something of a B-movie legend.

In 2003, after years in the straight-to-video market, Carradine found a new audience thanks to his role in the Quentin Tarantino film Kill Bill.

He was most recently seen on the big screen as a Chinese mobster in Crank: High Voltage, opposite British actor Jason Statham.

Carradine was an accomplished composer, musician, musical performer and songwriter. According to his official website, he was also a sculptor and a painter.

He is survived by his wife, Annie Bierman, and three children including actresses Calista and Kansas.

Source: http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/entertainment/8083479.stm

downgrader

Alfrescian
Loyal
If it was suicide, maybe he was in a lot of physical pain, made worse by years of drug abuse and wild living

I know from my volunteer work that a lot of old people suffer all kinds of pain even though they may not have life-threatening diseases

Sometimes the pain is so bad death would be a release.

Kwai Chang Caine, goodbye and R.I.P.

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
If it was suicide, maybe he was in a lot of physical pain, made worse by years of drug abuse and wild living

I know from my volunteer work that a lot of old people suffer all kinds of pain even though they may not have life-threatening diseases

This had been a very long time, since I heard the name "Kwai Chang Caine", "grasshopper"....the Kung Fu TV series, where the white man is the Kung Fu master wannabe...with the Chinese connotations thrown in...who could forget, "kwi chang caine" aka "grasshopper" or the hilarous version done by MAD magazine, "mosquito"... "Master!, why do you call me, mosquito?", "each time you come near, I itch"!...

Goodbye! Kwai Chang Caine, aka "grasshopper" or "mosquito" to all the MAD magazine fans...R.I.P....now go find your "MASTER"!:biggrin:

Vendetta

Alfrescian
Loyal
RIP!

Find that he acted very well as the last King in Kill Bill 1 & 2, charismatic and smooth for an old timer!

red amoeba

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
When I read the report and compare with what I heard on CNA this morning...it was reported in CNA that he was found with shoelace tied around his neck and dick. His hands were bound behind his back - how can one commit suicide like that?

Apparently, he was murdered or a SM game went wrong.

Lee Hsien Tau

Alfrescian
Loyal
When I read the report and compare with what I heard on CNA this morning...it was reported in CNA that he was found with shoelace tied around his neck and dick. His hands were bound behind his back - how can one commit suicide like that?

Apparently, he was murdered or a SM game went wrong.

Saddam Hussein was executed hanging from his dick:wink:

Lee Hsien Tau

Alfrescian
Loyal
http://twitchfilm.net/site/view/shek-kin-dead-at-age-96

Kung fu veteran actor Shek Kin (aka Shih Kien, Sek Kin) has passed away in Hong Kong due to kidney failure. He was 96.

Throughout the fifty plus years within the showbiz, Shek has appeared in literally hundreds of films and was famous among the kung fu world for portraying a villain in many wuxia films, most notably as the arch nemesis in the original black and white Wong Fei Hung film series that starred Kwan Tak Hing. For the martial arts film enthusiast and the international audience, he will always be fondly remembered in Enter the Dragon as Mr. Han, the evil drug lord and formidable adversary to Bruce Lee.

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset

Good riddance to this arsehole. I can't stand his poor acting and fake martial arts expertise. His role in Kung Fu, the series, should have gone to Bruce Lee, who came up with the idea and tried to sell it to the studios. When they decided to do the series, they played Bruce Lee out, and put in a white guy (David Carradine) to be a shaolin monk. How fucking ridiculous.

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
RIP!

Find that he acted very well as the last King in Kill Bill 1 & 2, charismatic and smooth for an old timer!

Good riddance to this arsehole. I can't stand his poor acting and fake martial arts expertise. His role in Kung Fu, the series, should have gone to Bruce Lee, who came up with the idea and tried to sell it to the studios. When they decided to do the series, they played Bruce Lee out, and put in a white guy (David Carradine) to be a shaolin monk. How fucking ridiculous

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
He's so cool and evil in Kill Bill. RIP.

Good riddance to this arsehole. I can't stand his poor acting and fake martial arts expertise. His role in Kung Fu, the series, should have gone to Bruce Lee, who came up with the idea and tried to sell it to the studios. When they decided to do the series, they played Bruce Lee out, and put in a white guy (David Carradine) to be a shaolin monk. How fucking ridiculous

Ah Guan

Alfrescian
Loyal

My thoughts exactly. David Carradine achieved stardom with Kung Fu because of the racism in Hollywood.

If only Bruce Lee went on to star in the series, there would have been more Asian influence in the US today. He might even still be alive today...

AWARENESS

Alfrescian
Loyal
For those who are old to remember......

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/gEtKj6keoYU&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/gEtKj6keoYU&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Reported mysterious footprints on bed,not matching David's.Murder?

Kwai Chang Caine Goodbye and RIP

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
wow, he is the one who act the chinese role (shalin monk) in US TV series kung fu.
wow, cannot believe his life end like this. maybe it is better to retired than to work at 72.

TeeKee

Alfrescian
Loyal
why don't you tell the loved ones of the 228 people on board the AF447, SIN=death,,,,,,

this one i am uncertain yet...

the brazilians said they found the plane debris...

but the french denied it.

some pilot flying over the same place reported seeing a bright glow of light in seconds, and suddenly it disappeared..

there were reported large thunderstorms in that area..

this one is X-file..

commoner

Alfrescian
Loyal
must be passing the burning bush,,,, or God's taking a crap, the plane passed by, God not happy being disturbed when answering the call of nature,,,,,,,,,,, ZAPPPPPPPPPPPP the plane gone