• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Darinne Ko NUS Law Scandal Student Girl

ChaoPappyPoodle

Alfrescian
Loyal
boy are you slow.

nothing is secret when they are watching you.
also, nothing is secret here ... sammyboy has been hinting this here by all his praises for them
we know who you are, and if we want, we can know all about you.

You are hinting on a fix being put into place. It is of course a likely premise. If it is so then their intended result is a similar act as to kill a chicken to scare away the monkeys. If this goes to court, the defence lawyer will have the opportunity to ask where such information was gathered from. Such questioning is not an issue as it has already been propositioned that he may have been fixed. If we look for conspiracy theories then the story will never end especially at such an early stage in the case.

For now I will rather look at the case with a clear mind and view and look at the probabilities in a logical manner. Given his and her familial connections it is unlikely that either is in on any fixing but both are victims of a secret squirrel. I also believe from what I know that she only got a B and not an A for the course in question. There is some character assassination at play but who is the chief construct is still very much out in the open. My thoughts are the wife or someone close enough to know about the exact dollar amounts of the gifts.

The PAPzis must be wasting a lot of resources to have caught this guy with his pants down. Without a secret squirrel I am doubtful that this case is where it is today.

steffychun

Alfrescian
Loyal
"did nothing wrong" and "did nothing" is different.

In the courts, right or wrong is in the hands of the judge, this girl should know better.

So sad there's no jury in Singapore. Bet you all SBF forummers would clammer to join the jury for this case

darthboy

Alfrescian
Loyal
This proves one thing. That the mass media's job is not to report the truth. It's to report exciting news. Which the public is interested in.

The company I worked at had some brushes with the mass media whores. Questions are twisted to provoke angry replies which would fuel an exciting scandal. And even if you said A, the reporter will reply "so I confirm with you that you said B?"

darthboy

Alfrescian
Loyal
The name is out! Now everyone looking for the face...I think her full name is KO WEN HUI DARINNE.

Doesn't anyone here find it strange that the mass media has that kind of influence to dictate and direct the conversation topics of people?

A quick glance of the day's headlines (without reading the contents) and I'll know what the office folks are going to talk about for the rest of the day. Eerie.

LeMans2011

Alfrescian
Loyal
Go an check the record books, all the top 10 in the world for women's 10km is run in the 32 min range. 35 min is a good standard for women, but no where near poduim finish. DOn't believe, just watch the London Olympics for the 10,000m event. The women will finish below 35 min, with the winner in the 32 min range. Don't use SAFRA women to compare whether a female is a very accomplished athelete or not. SAFRA atheletics got no standard.

For men, the time for a podium finish is in the 26-27 min range. Don't call me bedek when u got shit for brains. Go and check you facts. In fact, if you run 35 min in the mens 10,000m, you will be laugh out of the stadium. Unlike u, I don't have a crush on crossed eyed Darinne, so went u call her "very accomplished athlete", I can see your lancheow is talking. The only thing she is very accomplished in is sucking cock, it sure ain't running.

You might as well compare to cheetahs. I think cheetahs can do 10km in 10 mins.
Only real people who runs know how difficult it is to achieve these timings. She was a student and not a professional athlete.
You cannot compare to people who make a living out of running.
You disagree with the word "accomplished" athlete ok i give in. But for any lady to do 10km in 52 mins deserves to be called "good runner".

Last edited:

xiaogoupi

Alfrescian
Loyal
So sad there's no jury in Singapore. Bet you all SBF forummers would clammer to join the jury for this case

Then you should blame LKY for it.

Cos hes the one who abolished the jury system.

I think he foresaw that if there was a jury system in place, most of the ludricrous laws he wanted to pass would be kicked out before they even got on to the table.

And it worked for him so far ...

BuiKia

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
So she interned for Subhas!!!

Former_law_student_in_sex_for_grades-topImage.jpg

The former law student involved in the sex-for-grades case is believed to have interned with one of her lawyers, Subhas Anandan.

Darinne Ko Wen Hui, 23, hired Subhas Anandan and Sunil Sudheesan as her defence lawyers. She was reportedly able to contact Mr Anandan because they allegedly knew each other as she had served her internship under him, a source told Lianhe Wanbao.

The paper's reporter was unable to contact Mr Anandan by press time, but an unnamed lawyer who works with Mr Anandan confirmed this with the paper.

Ms Ko is alleged to have sexually gratified NUS law professor, Tey Tsun Hang, 41, on two occasions and given him gifts such a Mont Blanc pen worth $740, two tailor-made shirts worth $236.20, and an iPod Touch. She also made a bill payment of $1,278.60.

Tey has been charged with six counts of corruptly obtaining gratification over the alleged scandal, and suspended by the National University of Singapore (NUS). Ms Ko has not been charged.

Speaking on her behalf, her lawyers said that she "strenuously denies any corrupt wrongdoing," reported The Straits Times.

Mr Anandan is a prominent criminal defence lawyer in Singapore, having handled high-profile cases for clients such as Anthony Ler who coached a 15-year-old to murder his wife and the "Kallang body parts murderer" Leong Siew Chor.

BuiKia

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Why are we still paying the Prof a five figure salary every month when he is suspended? Is he untouchable?

SINGAPORE - The woman linked to a sex-for-grades case involving a National University of Singapore (NUS) law professor was arrested in April and is currently out on bail, reported The New Paper.

The former law student, Darinne Ko Wen Hui, is alleged to have slept with NUS law professor, Tey Tsun Hang, 41, on two occasions and given him gifts such a Mont Blanc pen worth $740, two tailor-made shirts worth $236.20, and an iPod Touch. She also made a bill payment of $1,278.60.

She was reportedly arrested at about the same time that authorities picked Tey up for questioning.

When approached by reporters, one of Ko's lawyers, Mr Subhas Anandan, said he was unaware that she had been arrested then, but added that she is currently out on police bail to ensure she does not leave the country.

But lawyers that the paper spoke to said bail would have to be post only if a person had been arrested.

Her lawyers issued a statement on her behalf last week, stating that Ko "strenuously denies any corrupt wrongdoing," and added that she has not been charged.

Tey, who has been suspended by the university, is reportedly still drawing a salary, an allegation which NUS would neither confirm nor deny when questioned by The New Paper.

Tey has been charged with six counts of corruptly obtaining gratification over the alleged scandal.

NUS has since suspended the professor from active duty and initiated an investigation. The university’s spokesman said its disciplinary proceedings are confidential and are unable to provide any details.

Attempts by the paper to reach Miss Ko at her last known job at law firm O’Melveny & Myers were also unsuccessful.

A receptionist at the firm declined to reveal if she had been dismissed or if she had resigned.

[email protected]

Last edited:

Jumong

Alfrescian
Loyal
Mr Anandan is a prominent criminal defence lawyer in Singapore, having handled high-profile cases for clients such as Anthony Ler who coached a 15-year-old to murder his wife and the "Kallang body parts murderer" Leong Siew Chor.

And thanks to this prominent criminal defence lawyer in Singapore, both high-profile clients of his kanna hanged ? And did the clients even pay for his services ?

maozedong

Alfrescian
Loyal
Your answer is here: http://www.sammyboy.com/showthread.php?123517-Fixing-the-Opposition-Again-Please-don%E2%80%99t-be-fooled-by-the-Latest-Sex-Scandal!

You are hinting on a fix being put into place. It is of course a likely premise. If it is so then their intended result is a similar act as to kill a chicken to scare away the monkeys......

The PAPzis must be wasting a lot of resources to have caught this guy with his pants down. Without a secret squirrel I am doubtful that this case is where it is today.

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
And thanks to this prominent criminal defence lawyer in Singapore, both high-profile clients of his kanna hanged ? And did the clients even pay for his services ?

For super high profile cases, Subhas does it pro bono. No harm 'losing' money that way coz it's free A&P. He is no fool. For every 1k he loses, he makes 10k when taking on new cases. These new cases resulted from his A&P pro bono cases.

In the kua cha seng lee, Roland Tay uses the same MO.

xiaogoupi

Alfrescian
Loyal
SINGAPORE - The woman linked to a sex-for-grades case involving a National University of Singapore (NUS) law professor was arrested in April and is currently out on bail, reported The New Paper.

The former law student, Darinne Ko Wen Hui, is alleged to have slept with NUS law professor, Tey Tsun Hang, 41, on two occasions and given him gifts such a Mont Blanc pen worth $740, two tailor-made shirts worth $236.20, and an iPod Touch. She also made a bill payment of $1,278.60.

She was reportedly arrested at about the same time that authorities picked Tey up for questioning.

When approached by reporters, one of Ko's lawyers, Mr Subhas Anandan, said he was unaware that she had been arrested then, but added that she is currently out on police bail to ensure she does not leave the country.

But lawyers that the paper spoke to said bail would have to be post only if a person had been arrested.

Her lawyers issued a statement on her behalf last week, stating that Ko "strenuously denies any corrupt wrongdoing," and added that she has not been charged.

Tey, who has been suspended by the university, is reportedly still drawing a salary, an allegation which NUS would neither confirm nor deny when questioned by The New Paper.

Tey has been charged with six counts of corruptly obtaining gratification over the alleged scandal.

NUS has since suspended the professor from active duty and initiated an investigation. The university’s spokesman said its disciplinary proceedings are confidential and are unable to provide any details.

Attempts by the paper to reach Miss Ko at her last known job at law firm O’Melveny & Myers were also unsuccessful.

A receptionist at the firm declined to reveal if she had been dismissed or if she had resigned.

[email protected]

xiaogoupi

Alfrescian
Loyal
So shes stuck in SG now, dio arrested but havent kena charged yet.

But why? Bribee dio charged, yet briber bo dai ji.

xiaogoupi

Alfrescian
Loyal
Majiam pple will be so dumb not to wash their clothes to leave behind evidence for CPIB to find loh.

Actually I also dunno how CPIB manage to find proof to incriminate both of them.

Even if Darinne's friend bao doh her, also is just one sided story mah.

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Majiam pple will be so dumb not to wash their clothes to leave behind evidence for CPIB to find loh.

Actually I also dunno how CPIB manage to find proof to incriminate both of them.

Even if Darinne's friend bao doh her, also is just one sided story mah.

Confession, voluntarily or forced.