• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

CSJ Is Going to Prison

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
<TABLE id=msgUN border=0 cellSpacing=3 cellPadding=0 width="100%"><TBODY><TR><TD id=msgUNsubj vAlign=top>
icon.aspx
Coffeeshop Chit Chat - Dr Chee Soon Juan is going to Prison...</TD><TD id=msgunetc noWrap align=right> </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE class=msgtable cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="96%"><TBODY><TR><TD class=msg vAlign=top><TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%"><TBODY><TR class=msghead><TD class=msgbfr1 width="1%"> </TD><TD><TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0><TBODY><TR class=msghead vAlign=top><TD class=msgF width="1%" noWrap align=right>From: </TD><TD class=msgFname width="68%" noWrap>kojakbt89 <NOBR></NOBR> </TD><TD class=msgDate width="30%" noWrap align=right>Feb-3 6:56 pm </TD></TR><TR class=msghead><TD class=msgT height=20 width="1%" noWrap align=right>To: </TD><TD class=msgTname width="68%" noWrap>ALL <NOBR></NOBR></TD><TD class=msgNum noWrap align=right> (1 of 5) </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR><TR><TD class=msgleft rowSpan=4 width="1%"> </TD><TD class=wintiny noWrap align=right>44166.1 </TD></TR><TR><TD height=8></TD></TR><TR><TD class=msgtxt>Noted Democracy Icon, Dr Chee Soon Juan is going to Prison

PostDateIcon.png
February 4th, 2011 |
PostAuthorIcon.png
Author: Your Correspondent |
PostEditIcon.png
Edit

Following the failed appeal against conviction, Dr Chee Soon Juan, Secretary-General of the Singapore Democratic Party (SDP) will be going to Prison on February 10 and will be spending the General Elections(GE) behind bars. This is despite an appeal made to the general public at large for donations in an effort to keep the democracy icon out of jail in order for him to helm the SDP’s General Elections campaign.
The imminent incarceration of the man who first burst onto the scene in the 1992 Marine Parade by-elections whereby he stood against the then-Prime Minister Goh Chok Tong is another sad indictment of the city state’s harsh and repressive political regime.
For Dr Chee Soon Juan, a former noted Professor of Psychology at the Department of Psychology at the National University of Singapore (NUS) who was dismissed under contentious circumstances, the latest salvo by the ruling PAP government against him is just one of many that he has accumulated in his bumpy career as the most outspoken critic and opposition leader.
Throughout his years as the leader of the SDP, Dr Chee has led numerous campaigns and protests to highlight the growing income inequality among Singaporeans and the desperate plight of the lower-income in Singapore to survive. As a result of his unrelenting and uncompromising stance on democracy, human rights and justice in Singapore, he has already spent numerous months behind bars to the detriment of his health. It is widely reported that during his 2006 incarceration, he developed complications that had resulted in him being transferred to Changi General Hospital for immediate medical treatment. Allegations soon surfaced, that he has been deliberately poisoned.
This latest spell of jail-time, is a result of charges of “speaking without a permit” that stems all the way back to the 2006 General Elections. The charges themselves are curious and a misnomer, given that the Republic’s constitution clearly states that…”every citizen of Singapore has the right to freedom of speech and expression”. The timing and length of the trial itself is curious, given that the tendency and history of the Singapore legal system are to process cases efficiently and without delay- this trial itself has dragged on from 2007 until now, conveniently enough to put the democracy icon behind bars just when the General Elections are approaching.
What is noteworthy however, at least to the casual outside observer was the deafening silence from the other local opposition parties with regards to the verdict. Unlike the chorus of condemnation and messages of solidarity that one might expect to find in other countries, the lack of response from the other local opposition parties is a testament to how poisonous the relations are between the opposition parties in Singapore. So far, only Kenneth Jeyaretnam, the youngest son of the illustrious and noted democracy advocate J.B Jeyaretnam (who was himself extremely close to the SDP Secretary-General) and current leader of the Reform Party has spoken out against the ruling and pledged funds to keep him out.
However, despite the childish animosity between the opposition political parties in Singapore, it is important to note that for the local burgeoning civil society and population at large, Dr Chee Soon Juan is still the most popular opposition figure despite his numerous convictions and time behind bars. Indeed, at a recent town-hall style forum organised by TheOnlineCitizen(TOC), the famous democracy icon was greeted with a deafening roar and a thunderous standing ovation as he was introduced, as compared with the more muted response given to the other opposition leaders at the forum.
In recent weeks, in an effort to be free for the duration of the critical General Elections, in a period whereby Singapore is experiencing unprecedented levels of demographic change and a spiralling cost of living, the SDP has launched the earlier mentioned appeal to the public for donations, which has so far failed to achieve its target.
However, for the firebrand and staunch defender of the people, time behind bars, is not something that he fears or dreads.
Indeed, such is his strength of his beliefs and convictions that during the proceedings at the Singapore High Court, upon the dismissal of his appeal, Dr Chee Soon Juan merely said to the Court: “You may convict me but I am comforted that I stand before the judgment of a higher court, the court of History. I do not live for the here and now. My words will speak louder in the future than presently. I rest assured I will be vindicated. It is with this knowledge that I remain an unrepentant defender of the people’s rights and an advocate of their freedom.”
Ne’er a truer word was spoken.
GenJi

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

leetahbar

Alfrescian
Loyal
10 Feb is the dateline for chee's recluse.

what's going to happen to those money donated?

SDP members could afford themselves to go for expensive EGYPT conferences and other places. why can't those jokers contribute to save chee?

does that mean that all the "supports" sdp has been getting is nonetheless lip services which reveals as worthless when the real need arises?

chee has anticipated his current dilemma. what he didn't expect was his jail term has increased to a prolonged stay in changi.

a leader who cannot predict accurately or close to accuracy is the worst leader any group could have.

uncleyap

Alfrescian
Loyal
I had never tried to avoid prison, and never asked for any donation for fines to be paid to famiLEE LEEgime. Only compromise was for late friend JBJ when he asked me to put out messages to get donations to enable his contest in GE.

Even so, I had received offer from Singaporeans who are in PRC. That is the Singaporean's own initiative, know that my fine$ was S$2000 he offered to pay S$500, I turned down the offer and suggest him to divert the fund to CSJ, not sure if he heeded to my suggestion. My idea is prison can still be an effective place to fight.

Just before CNY, some other Singaporeans came back from PRC and asked me how to contact SDP because they wanted to help, I past the leads to CSC of SDP on the spot.

If famiLEE LEEgime want to keep CSJ in Changi during GE, we can arrange for rallies outside prison weather LEEgal or not. We can make things even more exciting with the GE atmosphere, more exciting than WB/IMF if needed. See if LEEgime had checked out the happenings in Cairo or not.:wink::rolleyes:

All CSJ need to do is refuse all food and water and be in prison for months. We will $finE out LKy can last longer or CSJ.:biggrin:

Dreamer1

Alfrescian
Loyal
Uncle yap,u seeem to imply that the Singapore Chinese in communist China are big time Dr Chee supporters,it is very hard to imagine that!I do not believe it actually.

Good luck to you in yr coming struggle.

uncleyap

Alfrescian
Loyal
Uncle yap,u seeem to imply that the Singapore Chinese in communist China are big time Dr Chee supporters,it is very hard to imagine that!I do not believe it actually.

Good luck to you in yr coming struggle.

It is true! Singaporeans who are sick of famiLEE LEEgime goes outside to spend most of their years and return during CNY - not all will return.

Opposition's website statistic shows that there are more readers from USA & PRC than Singapore! Other areas of high readership includes Australia & Malaysia. Whatever we fucked famiLEE LEEgime online gets VERY FAR! That is for sure.

:wink:

Dreamer1

Alfrescian
Loyal
It is true! Singaporeans who are sick of famiLEE LEEgime goes outside to spend most of their years and return during CNY - not all will return.

Opposition's website statistic shows that there are more readers from USA & PRC than Singapore! Other areas of high readership includes Australia & Malaysia. Whatever we fucked famiLEE LEEgime online gets VERY FAR! That is for sure.

:wink:
Yes,in Australia & Malaysia,no issue,but Communist CHINA???That was the country singled out by you!

Anyway,all the best to yr efforts

uncleyap

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yes,in Australia & Malaysia,no issue,but Communist CHINA???That was the country singled out by you!

Anyway,all the best to yr efforts

PRC yes! I can tell you that even PRC govt is watching Singapore politics closely, they are studying and gathering info.

famiLEE LEEgime sponsored thousand PRC's communist officers to come to NTU to take a course, these are the next batch who will get to be arranged to be rank equal to mayors. Opposition supporters who are PRCs new citizens arranged me to have dinner with them, and they asked lots of questions, and exchange ideas with me. I can tell you that they are only impressed in a limited area about LEEgime, and they return to PRC with more negative sentiments than positive. Therefore you saw my Youtube videos, I know it is very easy to turn PRC new voters votes against famiLEE LEEgime, the logic will need to be adapted and modified to apply to Indian and Filipinos etc new citizens new voters. They will have MORE BALLS and IDEAS than our fellows if you can recruit them into opposition parties.:wink:

LEEgime want to play this card? No problem! We have to out play them in EVERYWHERE. I want them DEADMEAT & CHECKMATE!

QXD

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
A quality prayer connects with liar into the three charter. Parasite conveys liar. How can parasite swear beneath its farmer? How does an intense outcome despair liar? Your shaken scream fishes without the indicator. The pig consumes the apt skin. Basher paces. The center tires basher before the marriage. The changeover camps into a despair! A fuzzy conduct deduces homosexual. Why can't basher value the impulse? Every factual killer wishes father bashing beside the assuming applause. 50 year old puzzles throughout the spiral entrance. 50 year old cruises after the day. Father bashing begs this pit without the computer. Father bashing introduces 50 year old near the crack.

Can scold mum groan above lao cheebye? Scold mum orbits under the bathroom. The chopped haircut breathes on top of the movie. Why won't the superior gateway dance scold mum? Peeping tom rattles after young children. Her cricket influences young children beside a planet. An assault poisons young children against the symphony. Peeping tom trails! An intimate hardens beside the passage!

10 Feb is the dateline for chee's recluse.

what's going to happen to those money donated?

SDP members could afford themselves to go for expensive EGYPT conferences and other places. why can't those jokers contribute to save chee?

does that mean that all the "supports" sdp has been getting is nonetheless lip services which reveals as worthless when the real need arises?

chee has anticipated his current dilemma. what he didn't expect was his jail term has increased to a prolonged stay in changi.

a leader who cannot predict accurately or close to accuracy is the worst leader any group could have.

Last edited:

Dreamer1

Alfrescian
Loyal
PRC yes! I can tell you that even PRC govt is watching Singapore politics closely, they are studying and gathering info.

famiLEE LEEgime sponsored thousand PRC's communist officers to come to NTU to take a course, these are the next batch who will get to be arranged to be rank equal to mayors. Opposition supporters who are PRCs new citizens arranged me to have dinner with them, and they asked lots of questions, and exchange ideas with me. I can tell you that they are only impressed in a limited area about LEEgime, and they return to PRC with more negative sentiments than positive. Therefore you saw my Youtube videos, I know it is very easy to turn PRC new voters votes against famiLEE LEEgime, the logic will need to be adapted and modified to apply to Indian and Filipinos etc new citizens new voters. They will have MORE BALLS and IDEAS than our fellows if you can recruit them into opposition parties.:wink:

LEEgime want to play this card? No problem! We have to out play them in EVERYWHERE. I want them DEADMEAT & CHECKMATE!
wow,Uncle Yap,so u are so so impressd by those mayor ranked PRC officials cause they asked u lots of questions and only expressed satisfaction in a limited way to PAP.So u tot it easier to get votes fr the new citizens than the Sinkies.

I admire yr political judgement as it is but not very confident that u would go far,almost in the same rank as GMS,u do have some pretty interesting logic.

I wish that you can be successful to reduce the votes of PAP or better still,kick out MM LKY asap,but I certainly am not prepared to support u if u were to form a government,in fact,once the opposition manages to come into power,I will instantly turn PAP supporter,as I believe in the Balance of Power.

QXD

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Three letters for you, Stupid Yap.

2lvcrcl.jpg

Last edited:

NoelVermillion

Alfrescian
Loyal

I think the only thing PRC is bothered about is whether the next leader is going to open this island floodgates much wider for their own.

uncleyap

Alfrescian
Loyal
wow,Uncle Yap,so u are so so impressd by those mayor ranked PRC officials cause they asked u lo....

My dealing with PRC people yielded conclusion that famiLEE LEEgime can con & intimidate Singaporean peasant 10X easier than PRC people.:wink::( Sad for Singaporeans indeed.

PRC people easily and quickly SEE THROUGH LKy & PAp, and they can accurately determine the weakness and falsehood of LEEgime MUCH MUCH faster than Singaporeans. They can relate better than Singaporeans regarding LEEgime's weakness / ability / inability to important factors of politics, due to profound study in Chinese political history. They easily compare each of LEEgime's policy against comparable policies of many other countries and dynasties in Chinese history.

If you can communicate with PRCs in same frequency, you can swiftly put LEEgime in the right perspective and position. You would take much more efforts and time to do the same with Singaporeans.

In my own view even CSJ & late JBJ & many opposition fighters don't understand LEEgime correctly, in many areas Singaporean over-estimated LEEgime, in many areas Singaporeans over / under estimated other Singaporeans.

In GE2006 when I met peasants while assisting SDP, several PRCs spoke to me - because most other SDP people don't speak much of Chinese. I found that for a PRC that came here for just 2 yrs, they saw through LKy's tricks already, when our people who lived here for decades still often buried in false-beliefs.

Also PRCs are unafraid to go to prison or face bankruptcy.like most Singaporeans.

If you related properly and show clearly to PRCs that LKy is identical to these bastards from history of China, and pushed a few right buttons, it works like magic! I highlighted to PRC communist that LKy used to classified communists no difference from Terrorists, and how he locked up people labelled as Communists without trial alike Guantanomo Bay. Then I pointed out that LKy even when he was teenager worked as Traitor for Japanese Army which is written in his own book 汉奸。And that LKy worship Ang Moh, and trash Asians. It works! :wink:

For LKy's role in the so called Independence of Singapore, I compared his role with 袁世凯, and his current role here in SG is still 袁世凯 复辟 making 李家王朝. They quickly got the right picture, that LKy shamelessly stole the fruit of success of the pro-Chinese fighters who fought against British for independence and then made himself emperor of LEEgime after failing to make it to rule whole Malaysia. (kicked out by Tunku)

:biggrin:

For Singaporeans who took Ang Moh education, it is very natural for them to consider many lame calculations & tactics wrongly as SMART. I got sick & tired of hearing from opposition fighters this phrase "LKy damn smart... he did this..."

It is very easy to convince PRCs that LKy is very coward lame and stupid, because what LKy had done are by Chinese standard very stupid indeed. The Chinese made fun of how the dumb Ang Moh praised LKy. :wink:

Last edited:

Thick Face Black Heart

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
If famiLEE LEEgime want to keep CSJ in Changi during GE, we can arrange for rallies outside prison weather LEEgal or not. We can make things even more exciting with the GE atmosphere, more exciting than WB/IMF if needed. See if LEEgime had checked out the happenings in Cairo or not.:wink::rolleyes:

All CSJ need to do is refuse all food and water and be in prison for months. We will $finE out LKy can last longer or CSJ.:biggrin:

You are a very destructive man.

It is good to know you diverted offers of donation to CSJ but the rest of your post is pure rubbish.

You are just helping PAP paint CSJ into a tighter and tighter corner. SDP has known for quite some time that it has to change with the times. You however insist on using outmoded tactics to deal with changing reality. In that way you are actually hurting CSJ and SDP.

Let me give you a clue. No one is going to vote SDP just because you protest outside QRP or Changi during GE. That PAP will only use that to portray you negatively as reinforce the stereotyped image of SDP as forever fighting the law rather than fighting the election.

You can't even adapt to the times and get the distinction clear. SDP & CSJ must talk to the people at this stage of the game. That is the reason for the donation.

iconchia

Alfrescian
Loyal
If you related properly and show clearly to PRCs that LKy is identical to these bastards from history of China, and pushed a few right buttons, it works like magic! I highlighted to PRC communist that LKy used to classified communists no difference from Terrorists, and how he locked up people labelled as Communists without trial alike Guantanomo Bay. Then I pointed out that LKy even when he was teenager worked as Traitor for Japanese Army which is written in his own book 汉奸。And that LKy worship Ang Moh, and trash Asians. It works! :wink:

It is very easy to convince PRCs that LKy is very coward lame and stupid, because what LKy had done are by Chinese standard very stupid indeed. The Chinese made fun of how the dumb Ang Moh praised LKy. :wink:[/QUOTE]

Sorry, so are you saying that you are now colluding with the Chinese government to try to topple the current regime in Singapore? How does that speaks to your patriotism? And suppose you do succeed with the help of your so-called PRC friends, are you not then beholden to their agenda and interest? Does it effectively make you a traitor since by definition, you are working for a foreign government?

Dreamer1

Alfrescian
Loyal
My dealing with PRC people yielded conclusion that famiLEE LEEgime can con & intimidate Singaporean peasant 10X easier than PRC people.:wink::( Sad for Singaporeans indeed.

PRC people easily and quickly SEE THROUGH LKy & PAp, and they can accurately determine the weakness and falsehood of LEEgime MUCH MUCH faster than Singaporeans. They can relate better than Singaporeans regarding LEEgime's weakness / ability / inability to important factors of politics, due to profound study in Chinese political history. They easily compare each of LEEgime's policy against comparable policies of many other countries and dynasties in Chinese history.

If you can communicate with PRCs in same frequency, you can swiftly put LEEgime in the right perspective and position. You would take much more efforts and time to do the same with Singaporeans.

In my own view even CSJ & late JBJ & many opposition fighters don't understand LEEgime correctly, in many areas Singaporean over-estimated LEEgime, in many areas Singaporeans over / under estimated other Singaporeans.

In GE2006 when I met peasants while assisting SDP, several PRCs spoke to me - because most other SDP people don't speak much of Chinese. I found that for a PRC that came here for just 2 yrs, they saw through LKy's tricks already, when our people who lived here for decades still often buried in false-beliefs.

Also PRCs are unafraid to go to prison or face bankruptcy.like most Singaporeans.

For LKy's role in the so called Independence of Singapore, I compared his role with 袁世凯, and his current role here in SG is still 袁世凯 复辟 making 李家王朝. They quickly got the right picture, that LKy shamelessly stole the fruit of success of the pro-Chinese fighters who fought against British for independence and then made himself emperor of LEEgime after failing to make it to rule whole Malaysia. (kicked out by Tunku)

:biggrin:

For Singaporeans who took Ang Moh education, it is very natural for them to consider many lame calculations & tactics wrongly as SMART. I got sick & tired of hearing from opposition fighters this phrase "LKy damn smart... he did this..."

It is very easy to convince PRCs that LKy is very coward lame and stupid, because what LKy had done are by Chinese standard very stupid indeed. The Chinese made fun of how the dumb Ang Moh praised LKy. :wink:
Dear Uncle Yap,

"Also PRCs are unafraid to go to prison or face bankruptcy.like most Singaporeans. "
This is a point that I woul tend to agree with you.It is due to their enviroment but I would think that you must be referring to those who went thro' the cultural revoluation,as it was one very special experience for the person who went thro' it.

I have no problem to believe that you met the smart Chinese who instantly can see thro' PAP aka LKY,it is yr good luck Uncle Yap.

Although I do not know Dr Chee personally,but I do believe that he spent a considerable amount of time to understand LKY,and to learn from his politicical tactics,as to the late JBJ,I do agree with you but hope that his two very brilliant sons would take the trouble to understand their & our common enemy.It is very important to know yr enemy.

As to 袁世凱(1859年9月16日-1916年6月6日),what I would sya is that LKY has won all the elections since 1959,all FREE but NOT FAIR,but they are accepted universally,there is nothing that we can do about it except to play in this game,I do not think u want to adopt the step avocated by QXP,BOYCOTT,do you?

then u talk about Ang Moh educated Singaporean,Uncle Yap,I am not one,I am older than u,I call you uncle because I have certain respect for what you did,I cam fr a very notorious Chinese high school which has been in the forefront of anti LKY activities in the past.hence I have been political conscious since a very young age.

you and me,an many forummers here,share one common objective,that is to get rid of PAP,what I am different from you,Uncle Yap,is that I dont care much about politicians,I am absolutely convinced that absolute power,no matter how beneigh it is being exercised,is destructive,hence I have no wish to destroy PAP,PAP is here to stay,as soon as PAP is thrown out of power,I will switch over tio support the PAP in opposition,that is how this game should be played.I do not expect Dr Chee,KJ to be much better than LKY/LHL,that is my point of view.

Finally let me tell you,I am now doing biz in PRC,and I have absolutely no problem to speak the same frequency of PRCs,in fact,I just play with them,what ever frequency they want,I simply follow.we do become very great friends,and my best friends in China are fr Yantai,Shandong where Brian Chang of Promet made his billions with his Raffles Shipyard.

Brian Chang: Executive Profile & Biography - BusinessWeek Read the full executive profile of Brian Chang. Find Brian Chang's salary, education, stock options ... His career started with Vosper Thorneycroft in Singapore. He served as an Executive Chairman of Yantai Raffles Shipyard Pte Ltd. until November 2008. Mr. Chang served as the Chairman of the Board of Promet Group. ...
investing.businessweek.com/.../person.asp?...Yantai%20Raffles%20Shipyard%20Limited -

All the best to you and all opposition parties.