• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Crumbling of Singapore?

TracyTan866

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Leongsam knows nothing about such people as he keeps company with only those who are successful (typical of PAP cronies), hence his total lack of sympathy for these people and laughing at them from a remote distance.

Yes, these are the people who are arrogant and obnoxious. They think they know, but from they way they talk, truly they know not. That's why, if the pap doesnt wake up, they will be voted out soon

TracyTan866

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Oh no! We don't just feel sorry for them as the PAP hypocrites would do. We help them in many ways and most of time funded by our own personal pockets since the PAP chose to look the other way even though these are S'pore citizens and who had once contributed to build up this nation. As I'd explained, these people would want to take responsibilities for their lives and that's why they always ask we find them jobs the moment they see us. They really feel bad living on others, they really do. I need to post all these as I am concerned that many impressionable forummers will get swayed by your comments without knowing the actual situation these people are in. I need to put straight the distortions that u deliberately painted of these poor folks, though I hope it's due more to ignorance.

Well said. You are a true Singaporean patriot

TracyTan866

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
These characters are just taking advantage of your kindness. Don't let them fool you. I too have tried to help some of the down and out find work. When a job is available, they last 3 days and then quit. There is always some excuse. The bottom line is that they are just lazy.

Widen your circle and knowledge. If you do that, you wont tarnish all the poor with the same brush like you just did

freedalas

Alfrescian
Loyal
These characters are just taking advantage of your kindness. Don't let them fool you. I too have tried to help some of the down and out find work. When a job is available, they last 3 days and then quit. There is always some excuse. The bottom line is that they are just lazy.

Thanks for your advice. I know in this instance u mean well. Indeed there are such people and I'd fallen victimed to once. My fellow volunteers had similar experiences. We did learn the hard way but fortunately majority are not like that. Believe me, Leongsam, there are many who are really badly in need of help and are the responsible type. And they are the ones that I'd been arguing for more help from the govt. But I appreciate what u are saying.

Fook Seng

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Leongsam said:

If the Government accepts a visit to a destitute home as part of a PR's orientation programme or as a tourist attraction, I will close my gap on this one. Unlike Freedalas I did not cry but I felt disgust for our Govt.

Last edited:

TracyTan866

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Thanks for your advice. I know in this instance u mean well. Indeed there are such people and I'd fallen victimed to once. My fellow volunteers had similar experiences. We did learn the hard way but fortunately majority are not like that. Believe me, Leongsam, there are many who are really badly in need of help and are the responsible type. And they are the ones that I'd been arguing for more help from the govt. But I appreciate what u are saying.

As someone who seek to help the poor, sick and aged, we shd not be deterred by a random con man. Such a conman needs help. As volunteer helpers, let's err on the right side and continue to help the genuine poor and yet extend whatever help others may need.

we shd not discourage others because of one bad incident by one conman or else the genuine poor will suffer

TracyTan866

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
If the Government accepts a visit to a destitute home as part of a PR's orientation programme or as a tourist attraction, I will close my gap on this one. Unlike Freedalas I did not cry but I felt disgust for our Govt.

yes...many Singaporeans are disgusted by the govt.

freedalas

Alfrescian
Loyal
As someone who seek to help the poor, sick and aged, we shd not be deterred by a random con man. Such a conman needs help. As volunteer helpers, let's err on the right side and continue to help the genuine poor and yet extend whatever help others may need.

we shd not discourage others because of one bad incident by one conman or else the genuine poor will suffer

Dear Tracy

Thanks very much for your encouragement. Those are wise words that I will share with my fellow volunteers. To be honest, we don't wish to be embroiled with politics; that's not our calling so to speak. But we just can't help not speaking out against those who do not realise how bad the situation really is with the lowest rung of our society and yet stand on the side of the Govt in refusing any help to these people on the pretence that once they do, S'pore will fall into the woes of the Europeans' welfarism. In fact, it is the Govt's neglect of these people had angered us so much that we now open our eyes to see where the Govt's policies are leading S'pore to: one that is for the rich and famous, the rest can go to hell. Thanks for your advice once again.

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
Dear Tracy

Thanks very much for your encouragement. Those are wise words that I will share with my fellow volunteers. To be honest, we don't wish to be embroiled with politics; that's not our calling so to speak. But we just can't help not speaking out against those who do not realise how bad the situation really is with the lowest rung of our society and yet stand on the side of the Govt in refusing any help to these people on the pretence that once they do, S'pore will fall into the woes of the Europeans' welfarism. In fact, it is the Govt's neglect of these people had angered us so much that we now open our eyes to see where the Govt's policies are leading S'pore to: one that is for the rich and famous, the rest can go to hell. Thanks for your advice once again.

There a jobs available. Lot's of FT have gone home. Spread the word amongst the "genuine" poor and help organise their employment.

http://www.sammyboy.com/showthread....reans-CNY-so-no-foreigners-to-clean-up.-Happy

TracyTan866

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Dear Tracy

You are welcome. I am encouraged by caring Singaporeans like you. You stretch your hand to help and walk your talk.

We need more Singaporeans like you rather than those who blame the poor and sick and aged for their predicament.

TracyTan866

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I really hope that's the case. These people would be happy even if the jobs are temporary on a daily pay basis. Any info or form of help on available work is truly appreciated. thanks

FSC and CDC have tried job emplacement for the poor, sick and needy. But this scheme has not been very successful.

TracyTan866

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

The govt used to hide information when it had complete control of the media. Now, with new and social media, the pap finds that it is losing grip of its most precious weapon. The pap has no choice but to change the way it engages Singaporeans. The pap cant ignore Singaporeans and be deaf to our cries.

This bodes well for Singapore and Singaporeans

ChaoPappyPoodle

Alfrescian
Loyal
Singaporeans working as maids here or overseas will be a possibility in 10-20 years' time. The two hurdles that have to be cleared include psychological as well as salary. Currently, cleaners in Singapore earn between $600-$800. The cost of hiring a maid in Singapore is approximately $750 which includes the maid's salary and the government's maid levy. In essence we have already breached the salary hurdle. As long as the wages of our lower income group does not increase in the next 10-20 years, and the wages of maids increase, the larger discrepancy between a cleaner's salary and the cost of hiring a maid will make SIngapore maids here and overseas a reality.

Candide

Alfrescian
Loyal
Mdm Koh S.H. was helped by Trans Services Centre.

She stays at Blk 13, Bedok South Road. You can get more information from TSC

Hi Tracy. TSC have gotten back to me today regarding Mdm Koh's case. According to Mdm Koh's caseworker, her case was closed 2-3 years ago because she could cope with her problems back then. I have informed the caseworker about Mdm Koh's current predicament as according to what you have stated in this thread. I was advised to get Mdm Koh to contact her caseworker at TSC and the caseworker will see how she can help Mdm Koh. Do you know Mdm Koh personally? Can you inform Mdm Koh to contact her ex caseworker at TSC asap?

TracyTan866

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Singaporeans working as maids here or overseas will be a possibility in 10-20 years' time. The two hurdles that have to be cleared include psychological as well as salary. Currently, cleaners in Singapore earn between $600-$800. The cost of hiring a maid in Singapore is approximately $750 which includes the maid's salary and the government's maid levy. In essence we have already breached the salary hurdle. As long as the wages of our lower income group does not increase in the next 10-20 years, and the wages of maids increase, the larger discrepancy between a cleaner's salary and the cost of hiring a maid will make SIngapore maids here and overseas a reality.

Yes, some lower income Singaporeans are working for $800 per month.

TracyTan866

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Hi Tracy. TSC have gotten back to me today regarding Mdm Koh's case. According to Mdm Koh's caseworker, her case was closed 2-3 years ago because she could cope with her problems back then. I have informed the caseworker about Mdm Koh's current predicament as according to what you have stated in this thread. I was advised to get Mdm Koh to contact her caseworker at TSC and the caseworker will see how she can help Mdm Koh. Do you know Mdm Koh personally? Can you inform Mdm Koh to contact her ex caseworker at TSC asap?

I wonder if that case worker knows her case well as she claimed that Mdm Koh could cope. Anyway, I will pass the message to Mdm Koh.

Thanks

Last edited: