• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Crumbling of Singapore?

TracyTan866

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Thats your problem Tracy866. You like many other Singaporeans just refused to accept the "wonderful country we live in".

That's not my problem...

I dont have a problem..I am blessed and enjoy my life. Does that sound like a problem to you?

The problem is that I am saddened that the new pap leaders are mismanaging SG, favour foreigners and neglect Singaporeans. If singaporeans dont speak up and dont try to do our part, SG will crumble in the future.

Look at how the pap privatise profits to benefit itself and its cronies but pass down the costs to all singaporeans..that's just one of pap's mismanagement and abuse.

Last edited:

TracyTan866

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Thats your problem Tracy866. You like many other Singaporeans just refused to accept the "wonderful country we live in".

Some Singaporeans think like you. They see Singapore on the surface and for what it is. They lack the ability to see deeper, beyond the surface, and look into the future. Is Singapore what it is because of wht LHL did? Is Singapore as utopic as what you see? Thankfully, more Singaporeans are waking up ...and this can be seen over the last two years and the momentum has gathered pace and is accelerating...come next GE and you may find yourself to be in the minority.

I agree with you that I have a wonderful life. But I disagree with you that I shd not be against the new pap. I can have what I want and where I want to go. But I choose to stay in SG and try to help stop the rot.

Some Singaporeans have also said I shd migrate if I disagree with the new pap. That's silly argument. I hv as much right as LHL to decide what kind of Singapore I wish in the future. If I disagree with LHL, I hv every right to stay and fight for the SG I want. No one shd taunt me to migrate if I disgree with pap.

I went to Changi Airport yesterday to send a friend off..the airport was crowded, not because of passengers but because many singaporeans hv no where to bring their children and decided to bring them to the airport for a day's outing. It's bad that Singaporeans work so hard but have no place for recreation except the airport or other shopping centres. Is 6.9 m population going to make life better for these Singaporeans?

After the airport I drove to East Coast beach. The slip road from ECP to Lagoon was jammed with cars and the Lagoon carpark was full. It took me more than an hour to clear the slip road and park my car at Lagoon. What kind of quality life Singaporeans hv when we work a full week and most recreation areas are full and packed on weekends.

Why want a 6.9m population when facilities and infrastructure are already bursting and Singaporeans quality of life is bad?

SG is resource scarce and we depend on imports for our foods. With 3m population, our imports from neighbouring MY and Indon may be sufficient to feed pur population and prices will be reasonable because of their proximity to SG. But with 6m population, MY and Indo may be insufficient and we hv to go further away to import our food. Because of their distances, food from Vietnam, Argentina, Spain, Italy, USA, etc will cost more. So per unit price of food to feed 6m people will be much higher. So is a more populated Singapore better for us? The same for water. With more people we hv to pay more to generate more new water and so water price will be much higher.

so we must tell the pap to recognise that a more populated SG is not good for singaporeans. It shd not take the easy way out by just importing cheap foreigners.

Unless we speak up against bad pap policies, SG and Singaporeans will suffer in the future and will crumble.

It wont affect me because I hv enough. but it will affect Singaporeans who are happy and contented with the pap now and are blinded by the present facade..they will find later that they are played out and betrayed by the pap. Will you feel betrayed later?

Last edited:

Ritchie

Alfrescian
Loyal
Closer to 2020, the Government will review the population projections and policy settings again to decide how much more to slow down beyond 2020.

"We are not deciding on a population of 6.9m by 2030 now. The paper makes it clear. But it has been taken out of context and it took on a life of its own," he said.
eh, PM Lee already clarified that the white paper makes it clear 6.9m is not a target, but you all take it out of context. next time read things read properly leh....

I thinks there are too many scholars working for the Government.
It is not the size, type of population and quality of the people alone that matters. Our scholars thinks through their small brains which have little or zero experience of knowledge.
During LKY time, we think through our stomach and immediate needs, not just projected figures.
Things like these can create epidemic, social ills and destroy the entire economy and country.
Why not grow at a pace that we can control. that we can afford and that we can understand and appreciate.

A predictable, compassionate, empathetic and passionate government will develop a stable and peaceful living atmosphere, so that the quality of mutual caring and loving as one united people will be further flourished and strongly rooted eternally. If the non ruling parties are not ready but taken over as ruling party, there may be a lot of uncertainty that will be a disadvantage for Singapore collectively :cool:

N

newbird9403

Singapore will not crumble, don't worry :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Yes, I share the same thoughts as you. Singapore will continue to strive because like minded Singaporeans like you and many of us will not want it to crumble.

We have a decent government and a healthy state of affairs what else do you really want.

rotiprata

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yes, I share the same thoughts as you. Singapore will continue to strive because like minded Singaporeans like you and many of us will not want it to crumble.

We have a decent government and a healthy state of affairs what else do you really want.

my wish list....
1) wish not to see so many of our old folks cleaning tables at our hawker centres, food courts, etc...
2) wish not to see so unemployed & old folks searching our streets for used tin cans, plastic bottles, etc...
3) wish that our mrt system will stop breaking down so often....
4) wish that my cpf saving will be safe for as long as i live...
5) .....
6) ....

D

Deleted member 18975

Some Singaporeans think like you. They see Singapore on the surface and for what it is. They lack the ability to see deeper, beyond the surface, and look into the future. Is Singapore what it is because of wht LHL did? Is Singapore as utopic as what you see? Thankfully, more Singaporeans are waking up ...and this can be seen over the last two years and the momentum has gathered pace and is accelerating...come next GE and you may find yourself to be in the minority.

I agree with you that I have a wonderful life. But I disagree with you that I shd not be against the new pap. I can have what I want and where I want to go. But I choose to stay in SG and try to help stop the rot.

Some Singaporeans have also said I shd migrate if I disagree with the new pap. That's silly argument. I hv as much right as LHL to decide what kind of Singapore I wish in the future. If I disagree with LHL, I hv every right to stay and fight for the SG I want. No one shd taunt me to migrate if I disgree with pap.

I went to Changi Airport yesterday to send a friend off..the airport was crowded, not because of passengers but because many singaporeans hv no where to bring their children and decided to bring them to the airport for a day's outing. It's bad that Singaporeans work so hard but have no place for recreation except the airport or other shopping centres. Is 6.9 m population going to make life better for these Singaporeans?

After the airport I drove to East Coast beach. The slip road from ECP to Lagoon was jammed with cars and the Lagoon carpark was full. It took me more than an hour to clear the slip road and park my car at Lagoon. What kind of quality life Singaporeans hv when we work a full week and most recreation areas are full and packed on weekends.

Why want a 6.9m population when facilities and infrastructure are already bursting and Singaporeans quality of life is bad?

SG is resource scarce and we depend on imports for our foods. With 3m population, our imports from neighbouring MY and Indon may be sufficient to feed pur population and prices will be reasonable because of their proximity to SG. But with 6m population, MY and Indo may be insufficient and we hv to go further away to import our food. Because of their distances, food from Vietnam, Argentina, Spain, Italy, USA, etc will cost more. So per unit price of food to feed 6m people will be much higher. So is a more populated Singapore better for us? The same for water. With more people we hv to pay more to generate more new water and so water price will be much higher.

so we must tell the pap to recognise that a more populated SG is not good for singaporeans. It shd not take the easy way out by just importing cheap foreigners.

Unless we speak up against bad pap policies, SG and Singaporeans will suffer in the future and will crumble.

It wont affect me because I hv enough. but it will affect Singaporeans who are happy and contented with the pap now and are blinded by the present facade..they will find later that they are played out and betrayed by the pap. Will you feel betrayed later?

We are treating the symptoms when we should be treating the disease. Am not going to suggest that we all delve totally into Zen, although I'll mention it because that would easily completely refocus our priorities at the individual level in a big way; am not going to suggest it due to demographic reasons bla bla etc etc.

The PAP is in still power because the majority of voters in Singapore are easily manipulated by the carrot and stick - C & S - method. This sensorialism/materialism has lured Singaporeans into high growth/high inflation track. This is a trap because ultimately, we as a nation is chasing a mirage with a moving target. Even worst, it becomes a downward spiral within a catch 22 situation - If we can't chase the mirage, we'll be left behind. If we are left behind, we can't chase the mirage and so on and so forth; going round in a downward spiral is where Singapore is heading.

I live in an HDB flat just like the majority of people in Singapore and I pay my bills each month. I don't live overseas, in some mountain so you know my perspective.

I'm used to thinking outside the box. That takes some practice. In my heart, I say to myself,"Wouldn't it be wonderful if everyone sees using their third eye?'. That way, we'll all enjoy seeing the various 'hidden' colours in the universe at a personal level and witness reality instead of being mired in the 3-dimensional sensorial/material mirage: That's freedom from the shackles of materialism/sensorialism. That's depth! That's real participation in the universe. That's true perspective..

To address the issue at hand more directly: the PAP is the symptom, not the problem at hand. It is still by the will of the people who let the PAP get away with the GRC system in the first place that 'non meritocracy' has perpetuated itself. The GRC system should have been tabled for a referendum BEFORE it was implemented because it changed the basics in the democratic system. The PAP has changed the rules of the political game to their advantage..but not for long. Singaporeans are waking up..

The first past the post system has become many past the tooth pick system with so many candidates getting elected all at once in the GRC system. It was and still is a big mistake for Singaporeans to have let the GRC system be implemented.

Singapore will crumble despite the PAP and despite the fact that we have the best education system in the world. If we don't work on viewing things in depth, then we will be fooled by the cash and swank - another C & S - method of the PAP. Time to dig deep into our hearts, each one of us.

PAP population policies are a series of mistakes. If the stop at two policy had not been implemented - and then reversed too late - we would have maintained a replacement level population by this time.

The 6.9 million population policy is also a mistake; demographically and politically, on top of it being resource sapping. How many foreigners are given citizenships each year equals how many new voters are there each year equals how many new PAP supporters are there each year? Indoctrination on these foreigners: "We the PAP government give you a new lease of life, so come the general elections, vote to perpetuate what you are already enjoying.."

Last edited by a moderator:

da dick

Alfrescian
Loyal
^ i talk cock sing song, i live in hdb flat, i think out of the box because i say. very good *clap clap clap* sam leong should give you point and vote for you when you join pap. and zen hippie crap is the best like magic!!!hooha!!

ckmpd

Alfrescian
Loyal
When a govt is unable to attract true talents to the country but has to resort to accepting foreign trashes and make them PRs and new citizens, the country will crumble.

ckmpd

Alfrescian
Loyal
The PAP tried to attract hongkies to SG in the 1990s but failed and now has to resort to trashes and uncouth PRCs and India Indians and called them talents.

The pap has levelled Singapore down because of these uncouth foreign trashes

ckmpd

Alfrescian
Loyal
The country will crumble if the govt resorts to telling its citizens half truths and lies.

The pap is barely holding on despite control of MSM and the lies in AIMgate, etc.

ckmpd

Alfrescian
Loyal
The country will crumble if the govt goes for economic growth alone and causes social problems through excessive influx of cheap trashes but has no love, care nor compassion for its poor, aged, sick citizens.

The pap goes for GDP growth by accepting unskilled, unqualified foreigners but neglects poor and sick singaporeans

ckmpd

Alfrescian
Loyal
The country will crumble if the govt runs out of ideas and resorts to vices and pampering the rich to keep the economy going.

The pap has resorted to vices such as gambling and prostitution to keep SG humming

ckmpd

Alfrescian
Loyal
The divisive effect of foreign trashes in SG is being felt and the pap has said that singaporeans need to integrate them into SG. Shdnt the pap import decent skilled and qualified foreigners who can integrate into SG rather than trashes who badly misbehave?

let's let the pap ministers, mps, PA and grassroots work harder to integrate these trashes.

ckmpd

Alfrescian
Loyal
The way the myanmarese welcomed Aung Sung Suu Kyi in SG yesterday was so heart warming. It was spontaneity and love. Suu Kyi was able to unite her people.

How abt LHL? He divided Singaporeans. Whatever welcome he received publicly were wayang by the PA, grassroots and running dogs. LHL is hated by most singaporeans and is a dividing force.

ckmpd

Alfrescian
Loyal
Unlike you, I see the pap as the root cause of the problem rather than the symptom. Through its controlled media, the pap speaks half truths and lies to deceive the people. Many Singaporeans were denied information by the pap and were fed pap propaganda. So, because of such propaganda and lies, some Singaporeans still think that the pap is what Singapore needs. If such singaporeans know the truth, they will not vote for the pap. So who is the cause of the problem?

ckmpd

Alfrescian
Loyal
To address the issue at hand more directly: the PAP is the symptom, not the problem at hand.

Unlike you, I see the pap as the root cause of the problem not the symptom. Through its controlled media, the pap speaks half truths and lies to deceive the people. Many Singaporeans were deceived into voting for the pap

ckmpd

Alfrescian
Loyal
my wish list....
1) wish not to see so many of our old folks cleaning tables at our hawker centres, food courts, etc...
2) wish not to see so unemployed & old folks searching our streets for used tin cans, plastic bottles, etc...
3) wish that our mrt system will stop breaking down so often....
4) wish that my cpf saving will be safe for as long as i live...
5) .....
6) ....

wish that more pap MPs be voted out?