• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Crumbling of Singapore?

TracyTan866

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The PAP has made many mistakes over the last few years. This is just one consequence of their mistakes. The pap is in remedial mode and is battling to control the damage.

Can LHL be an effective PM now when there are so many PAP made problems in SG as he confessed he will have his hands full shd he have to tackle 10 or 20 Opposition MPs?

Arresting the four PRC drivers, remanding them and charging them is just the beginning.

What will the verdict and sentence be? Will they be fined, jeiled or deported?

What will be the reactions of the Chinese govt? How will PRCs in China react? What will happen to SG businesses and Singaporeans working in China? These are all beyond TCJ's and LHL's control.

TracyTan866

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Arresting the four PRC drivers, remanding them and charging them is just the beginning.

What will be the reactions of the Chinese govt? How will PRCs in China react? What will happen to SG businesses and Singaporeans working in China? These are all beyond TCJ's and LHL's control.

To save its own face and to mitigate the Chinese govt's and other PRCs wrath, will the PAP just fined the four PRC drivers and send them back to China (airticket paid for by Chinese Embassy)?

TracyTan866

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Does LHL have the courage to stand up to China and throw the legal book at the PRC drivers and jail them?

Let's see what substance LHL is made of when faced with a real problem. Will LHL chicken out?

Koolieman

I need to rant, so forgive my trilogy of posts. I'd like to understand, sympathize and condemn:
I understand government having to wield big stick on this issue, from the historical perspective as well as the context of current model of nation-building (whether the model is right, is another topic).

TracyTan866

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I need to rant, so forgive my trilogy of posts. I'd like to understand, sympathize and condemn:
I understand government having to wield big stick on this issue, from the historical perspective as well as the context of current model of nation-building (whether the model is right, is another topic).

No need for apologies. This is a coffeeshop, so anyone is free to say his views. The diversity of opinions is good for a cofeeshop.

The pap has always wield a big stick, especially against Singaporeans. But it is less sure when it deals with foreigners..remember how many foreigners got away relatively unscathed for crimes committed in SG.

The pap appears to have lost its principles and courage when it has to mete out punishments to foreigners. This is what irks native Singaporeans.

Remember the Romanian envoy's case? Remember the assault case on the taxi driver at Suntec City? Remember the PRC family who refused to disembark from the SBS bus? Remember the PRCs who surrounded MOM building?

I do not wish that the PAP punishes the PRC drivers heavily because they indeed hacve grievances against SMRT.

But this is a situation I want to see how the pap reacts.

TracyTan866

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
More PRC drivers were apprehended this morning.

TCJ means business. He is pulling ahead of HSK, CCS, LW..

TCJ-2, PRC drivers-0

TracyTan866

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Five drivers charged, 29 repatriated.

TCJ and LHL have acted.

Let's wait for results of the five charges and their convictions.

TCJ - 3, PRC -0

But this is not the end of the saga.

Will PRC bus drivers, Geylang prostitutes, etc sympathise with the charged drivers and react? Will PRCs retaliate against SG businesses in China and Singaporeans in China? Only time will tell.

What lessons will pap learn from this saga? Will something good come out of this? I hope so

DuYunQi

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Re: LHL - S'pore risks becoming a retirement home... (does he want the old to leave S

Dear DuYunQi,

Great post! Where have you been the last five years? Busy with school exams? Bogged down with NS? Busy with work?

It's not too late for you to realise the true colours of the PAP.

As for me, I will stay in SG as long as I can. I am fortunate that I dont have to stay in SG if I dont wish to...so I can procrastinate and delay my departure. I can leave for another country anytime and will be welcomed. Do you have my luxury?

All of the above.. i was studying overseas, came back (only child.. ), called up for reservist while working, still hunting for a career. You could say, I was living a life.

I was..and still not, blur or daft to the pappies. But I am appalled that they are not mincing their words anymore. Never have I heard ruling parties' ministers calling their citizens xenophobic, or even chastised that (majority actually) voted them into the current government.

Chinese saying goes, "drink water should think of the source", but it seems "biting the hands that fed it" is more the way it is going.

If a country can't, in essence, be a home for all it's people/citizens, then why should the people/citizen do anything for the country?

A very famous man said, "don't ask what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country." but what happens when YOU HAVE DONE SOMETHING FOR YOUR COUNTRY? Get thrown away like used paper? Shredded and disposed?

It is truly sad that it is appearing mre and mre that Singapore is not for ALL SINGAPOREANS.

TracyTan866

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Re: LHL - S'pore risks becoming a retirement home... (does he want the old to leave S

All of the above.. i was studying overseas, came back (only child.. ), called up for reservist while working, still hunting for a career. You could say, I was living a life.

I was..and still not, blur or daft to the pappies. But I am appalled that they are not mincing their words anymore. Never have I heard ruling parties' ministers calling their citizens xenophobic, or even chastised that (majority actually) voted them into the current government.

Chinese saying goes, "drink water should think of the source", but it seems "biting the hands that fed it" is more the way it is going.

If a country can't, in essence, be a home for all it's people/citizens, then why should the people/citizen do anything for the country?

A very famous man said, "don't ask what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country." but what happens when YOU HAVE DONE SOMETHING FOR YOUR COUNTRY? Get thrown away like used paper? Shredded and disposed?

It is truly sad that it is appearing mre and mre that Singapore is not for ALL SINGAPOREANS.

I congratulate you for being one of few who had the opportunity to study overseas. Where did you do your study? Did you enjoy the overseas stay? I hope that it was liberating.

I trust the last few years have helped to open your eyes to what the pap is doing to Singapore and Singaporeans.

Indeed, Singaporeans work hard and long hours but they have been marginalised by the pap who look at money as the only thing.

The pap erred badly by reducing Singapore to be a company where the world can come to make money instead of a home for Singaporeans

Rumpole

Alfrescian
Loyal
Five drivers charged, 29 repatriated.

TCJ and LHL have acted.

Let's wait for results of the five charges and their convictions.

TCJ - 3, PRC -0

But this is not the end of the saga.

Will PRC bus drivers, Geylang prostitutes, etc sympathise with the charged drivers and react? Will PRCs retaliate against SG businesses in China and Singaporeans in China? Only time will tell.

What lessons will pap learn from this saga? Will something good come out of this? I hope so

First, this is not a football game.

Second, this strike is not an isolated incident and is one of the symptoms of a malice brought about by five decades of repression, media monopoly, fake trade unionism, imprudent immigration policy if there is one, failure of the highest paid OUT OF THIS WORLD salaried ministers to co-ordinate immigration policy with housing/transport/other policies, etc. This is the rotten "harvest" that is being reaped by the PAPzis and this strike is only one of many more such rotten "harvests" to come.

Whether or not you are Sumiko is irrelevant, but it is very clear to me that you are paid to be here to manipulate popular opinion in favour of the PAPzis. When you can't counter with logic, pretend to agree, then proceed to post continuously and divert attention by praising the PAPzis for their "actions" but not mentioning that 1) those actions don't address the root causes; 2) those root causes were the result of the PAPzis failed policies in the first place. I'm sure you have more variations of the same trick up your sleeves.

"Divide and rule" has always been the PAPzis key strategy and now that about a third of population is foreign, this has morphed into encourgaing XENOPHOBIA in order to pitch SINKIES against foreigners. Now, part of the tactic is to say "look without the PAP, you will be bullied by the foreigners". They deliberately omit to tell SINKIES that the foreigners were brought into SINKIELAND by the PAP's indiscriminate immigration policy in the first place - so much so that the majority of PRs do not pay income tax! This is a repeat of the Amy Cheong saga and it is a vain attempt by a party which has overstayed its welcome to hang on to votes with whatever vile tactics that are necessary to do the job.

Using unjust laws such as the Criminal Law (TEMPORARY) Provisions Act to deal with poor workers who were merely struggling for the right to be treated humanely is not a sign of leadership. It is a sign that this what's his name President Scholar is nothing but a stooge of the Leegime. This is made all the more jarring if one is able to see clearly and remember that these grievances of the PRC bus drivers were communicated to the NTUC and Zorro and his Party Minions did absolutely nothing to help these exploited workers. Now you want to sneak into Sammy Boy and sing the praises of those who "dealt firmly" with these exploited workers?

If you write this kind of crap in the Straits Times, it will be published and all critical responses will be silenced - they just refuse to publish those criticisms or they change the responses so fundamentally and without consent of the writers until the responses come out as praise of the PAPzis. But you are not now writing in the Straits Times, you are in the brave new world of the internet.

All workers, foreign or local, should be paid and treated EQUALLY. This helps the SG worker because employers will not be able to lower their costs by the mere expedient of hiring cheap labour from abroad. Where public safety is involved like in the case of bus drivers, the case is even stronger. A foreign driver who has to work many hours of overtime in order to earn the same salary as his SG colleague is more likely to be involved in a traffic accident and it is not his fault but the fault of his SINKIE GLC employer who refuses to pay a fair wage. The victims of such traffic accidents are most likely to be ordinary Singaporeans.

The cheapskate SINKIE employers, 70% of whom are GLCs or government related in some way and therefore PAPzi in character, will be forced to invest in training, mechanisation, etc. What's his name President Scholar did not deal with this issue nor the issue of having truly INDEPENDENT trade unions. What he did was simply to use an unjust law to instill fear in others thinking of conducting another strike. What's his name deserve to be admonished for not being of FIRST WORLD ministerial quality. His salary should be brought down to THIRD WORLD levels as punishment for his incompetence. Better still, he should be kicked out of the cabinet along with the other PAPzis in 2016.

I have no motive other than to counter UNTRUTH with TRUTH and foresee that we shall have lots of exchanges like this in the future. I like to make you work hard for the money you are getting from the Straits Times or some other GLC.

Last edited:

TracyTan866

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Second, this strike is not an isolated incident and is one of the symptoms of a malice brought about by five decades of repression, media monopoly, fake trade unionism, imprudent immigration policy if there is one, failure of the highest paid OUT OF THIS WORLD salaried ministers to co-ordinate immigration policy with housing/transport/other policies, etc. This is the rotten "harvest" that is being reaped by the PAPzis and this strike is only one of many more such rotten "harvests" to come.

Yes, the strike is not am isolated incident. It's long overdue because of the pap's suppression and castration of SG workers. SG workers have allowed themselves to be neutered through oppression without a whimper .

Yes, there are many things wrong with SG but who has stood up against LKY.

Is this the awakening SG needs so badly?

TracyTan866

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Whether or not you are Sumiko is irrelevant, but it is very clear to me that you are paid to be here to manipulate popular opinion in favour of the PAPzis. When you can't counter with logic, pretend to agree, then proceed to post continuously and divert attention by praising the PAPzis for their "actions" but not mentioning that 1) those actions don't address the root causes; 2) those root causes were the result of the PAPzis failed policies in the first place. I'm sure you have more variations of the same trick up your sleeves.

Yes, TCJ's actions didnt address the root causes of the PRC strikes.

Yes, the root causes were the result of PAP's misgovernance and castration of Singaporeans

TracyTan866

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
"Divide and rule" has always been the PAPzis key strategy and now that about a third of population is foreign, this has morphed into encourgaing XENOPHOBIA in order to pitch SINKIES against foreigners. Now, part of the tactic is to say "look without the PAP, you will be bullied by the foreigners". They deliberately omit to tell SINKIES that the foreigners were brought into SINKIELAND by the PAP's indiscriminate immigration policy in the first place - so much so that the majority of PRs do not pay income tax! This is a repeat of the Amy Cheong saga and it is a vain attempt by a party which has overstayed its welcome to hang on to votes with whatever vile tactics that are necessary to do the job.

Great analysis...I agree with you.

TracyTan866

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Using unjust laws such as the Criminal Law (TEMPORARY) Provisions Act to deal with poor workers who were merely struggling for the right to be treated humanely is not a sign of leadership. It is a sign that this what's his name President Scholar is nothing but a stooge of the Leegime. This is made all the more jarring if one is able to see clearly and remember that these grievances of the PRC bus drivers were communicated to the NTUC and Zorro and his Party Minions did absolutely nothing to help these exploited workers. Now you want to sneak into Sammy Boy and sing the praises of those who "dealt firmly" with these exploited workers?

I agree...the fault lies with LKY and LHL.

Other ministers like LSS, NEH. VB, etc are all obedient dogs. They mouth what LKY and LHL want them to say..They are not leaders

TracyTan866

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
If you write this kind of crap in the Straits Times, it will be published and all critical responses will be silenced - they just refuse to publish those criticisms or they change the responses so fundamentally and without consent of the writers until the responses come out as praise of the PAPzis. But you are not now writing in the Straits Times, you are in the brave new world of the internet.

I write my beliefs. whether people agree with me is immaterial

TracyTan866

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
All workers, foreign or local, should be paid and treated EQUALLY. This helps the SG worker because employers will not be able to lower their costs by the mere expedient of hiring cheap labour from abroad. Where public safety is involved like in the case of bus drivers, the case is even stronger. A foreign driver who has to work many hours of overtime in order to earn the same salary as his SG colleague is more likely to be involved in a traffic accident and it is not his fault but the fault of his SINKIE GLC employer who refuses to pay a fair wage. The victims of such traffic accidents are most likely to be ordinary Singaporeans.

very well said and analysed. same job, same pay...but the pap must not let in 3rd world migrants because of cost alone. these 3rd world migrants bring in many problems and huge social costs

TracyTan866

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The cheapskate SINKIE employers, 70% of whom are GLCs or government related in some way and therefore PAPzi in character, will be forced to invest in training, mechanisation, etc. What's his name President Scholar did not deal with this issue nor the issue of having truly INDEPENDENT trade unions. What he did was simply to use an unjust law to instill fear in others thinking of conducting another strike. What's his name deserve to be admonished for not being of FIRST WORLD ministerial quality. His salary should be brought down to THIRD WORLD levels as punishment for his incompetence. Better still, he should be kicked out of the cabinet along with the other PAPzis in 2016.

well said...