• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Crumbling of Singapore?

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
Do you think you have travelled more and seen more countries than me? These must be your assumptions when you dished out your advice to me..Interestingly arrogant!

I speak only for OZ and NZ where I have lived for a long time and know the system intimately. It's not a numbers game and it's not about "seeing" a country. It's about having participated in the political process as a member of the electorate.

psy83

Alfrescian
Loyal
I hate the PAP to the very core. Their methods ruined the lives of many of my close friends and relatives. If I have a chance to spit on the graves of any of the members of that evil organisation, I'd do it without hesitation.

All I'm doing in this thread is debating the motion "Singapore is crumbling". The thread starter, as the proposition, gave a list of reasons why it is. I, as the opposition, am giving my reasons why the proposition is wrong.

My personal beliefs have nothing to do with the exchange. There's no point having a thread where everyone agrees. Someone has got to take the opposing viewpoint to make the thread lively.

Don't they hold debates in school anymore???? Nobody seems to be familiar with the concept at all.

I get what you mean now about the notion of Singapore as a whole crumbling. Do you agree with #179 about the efficiency thing.

psy83

Alfrescian
Loyal
I guess that there is money to be made in Singapore if you are intelligent/creative enough and locals are defiantly protected to a certain level that they dont need to be afraid of dying of hunger and living under the bridge. But i guess im like you, The Singapore lifestyle/way of life/population/Scene just isnt for me.

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset
Doesnt make sense bro... If that is the case the UN-balance is still there. 2 apples = 4 dollars .. If it rises together its 4 apples for 8 dollars. So its still the same shit.

i'm glad you read between the lines

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset
It's interesting that you bring this issue up considering the fact that it has been the talking point in NZ over the past couple of weeks

last noted the top 20% in Singapore earns over 9 times than that of the bottom 20%, what is the ratio in NZ?

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
You sound arrogant to think that you know more abt me than I know myself..

You insist that I dont know what I am talking abt and only you know what you are talking abt.

You edited your post after I responded. Luckily, I copied your main point in my first response.

With regards to your edited version, all I can say is that from what you write about other countries, it's obvious you don't know what you're talking about. My conclusion has nothing to do with arrogance. It's simply based on the content of your posts in this series of exchanges.

Fook Seng

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Leongsam said:
I lived in OZ for 10 WHOLE years and I can assure you the OZ govt has made more blunders in regards to immigration than Singapore has and they started a whole lot earlier too.

I have to support Sam on this. There is a report that 85 % of immigrants are some kind of assistance and two-thirds are unemployed or looking around for jobs. It is for this reason that OZ appears so inviting to new immigrants but not if you are already settled down and paying the taxes. I believe that is why Sam wants to be a new immigrant all the time.

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
last noted the top 20% in Singapore earns over 9 times than that of the bottom 20%, what is the ratio in NZ?

I don't have the figures but I figure it would be similar as the top earners are very mobile and this tends to equalise top salaries across national borders.

If the ratio is lower in NZ, it's because a minimum wage regime is in place but that would only make the official figures look better. In reality many workers in NZ earn less than the minimum wage in the widespread grey economy.

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
I have to support Sam on this. There is a report that 85 % of immigrants are some kind of assistance and two-thirds are unemployed or looking around for jobs. It is for this reason that OZ appears so inviting to new immigrants but not if you are already settled down and paying the taxes. I believe that is why Sam wants to be a new immigrant all the time.

I give the PAP govt a 10/10 rating for their policy of not allowing any MUSLIMS into the country permanently. It shows they're a lot smarter than those moronic bleeding liberal Westerners who actually believed that Muslims could co exist peacefully with the rest.

LKY deserves a Nobel Prize for his foresight in this matter. You only need to spend a couple of months in countries such as France and the UK to see how Islam has ruined what were once beautiful and peaceful neighborhoods and turned them into slums full of hatred.

erection2015

Alfrescian (InfP) + C
Right you are on all counts. Wherever they settle and breed there usually is fear, distrust, decay and a shitload of problems.

The thing is most of them are ok when you get to talk to them as individuals. Some city in the UK came up with a reconciliation program at school level ....but i haven't seen any follow through resultswise.

I give the PAP govt a 10/10 rating for their policy of not allowing any MUSLIMS into the country permanently. It shows they're a lot smarter than those moronic bleeding liberal Westerners who actually believed that Muslims could co exist peacefully with the rest.

LKY deserves a Nobel Prize for his foresight in this matter. You only need to spend a couple of months in countries such as France and the UK to see how Islam has ruined what were once beautiful and peaceful neighborhoods and turned them into slums full of hatred.

Fook Seng

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Leongsam said:

Such an immigration policy exists because they want to maintain engagement with their ex-colonies - not only France and UK but also Netherlands. And because of the Common market protocol, the whole EU gets sucked in. What so puzzling is that countries outside of Europe are as liberal in their immigration policy. US with respect to Pinoy I can understand but how about OZ? Human rights?

greedy and cunning

Alfrescian
Loyal
The pap rewards a former MOS and puts him as CEO of ComfortDelgro and pays him $1.54m per year to run a taxi fleet..Poor taxi drivers have to play 10hr days to pay for exhorbitant taxi rentals of $97 per day to pay for the magmt board's salaries...Is that legal?- Yes...Is that moral? -no..is that corrupt?..u tell me

due to rain , i had to take a taxi last sunday.
the taxi uncle told that all driver registered with comfort have to pay $1000 deposit.
don't know true or not leh.
he said min got about 1K drivers , so it is a HUGE amount that earning interest.

Forvendet

Alfrescian
Loyal
Mass Rapid Transit has never been an issue in Christchurch. The population of Christchurch was 300,000 before the earthquake. Now it's even less. An MRT system there would go broke in less than 6 months.

A Mass Rapid Transit system is required in Auckland. It's the largest city with the largest population. It has been in the planning for more than 3 decades but nothing has ever happened.

One must be crazy to want to destroy the landscape, scenery and disrupt the lifestyle with an MRT system. If you're really in NZ you should have noticed, nobody's in a hurry to go anywhere rapidly, as in mass rapid transit. Leave your Singapore rush minute-by-minute mentality behind in Singapore when you go to NZ.

TracyTan866

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
You edited your post after I responded. Luckily, I copied your main point in my first response.

With regards to your edited version, all I can say is that from what you write about other countries, it's obvious you don't know what you're talking about. My conclusion has nothing to do with arrogance. It's simply based on the content of your posts in this series of exchanges.

You claimed that I edited my post after you responded. What time did you respond?

TracyTan866

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
due to rain , i had to take a taxi last sunday.
the taxi uncle told that all driver registered with comfort have to pay $1000 deposit.
don't know true or not leh.
he said min got about 1K drivers , so it is a HUGE amount that earning interest.

Indeed it is..earning interests on deposits. SG Power holds consumer deposits too.

TracyTan866

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

such crude policy creates internal distrust and latent animosity with Malaysia and Indonesia. wld a more balanced approach be better in the longterm?

TracyTan866

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I speak only for OZ and NZ where I have lived for a long time and know the system intimately. It's not a numbers game and it's not about "seeing" a country. It's about having participated in the political process as a member of the electorate.

you can speak for yourself, but dont assume you can speak for me