• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

CPIB Officer kiasi - Tey & woman tailed me

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
By Rennie Whang
The New Paper
Friday, Jan 25, 2013

SINGAPORE - One's a mystery woman who followed a Corrupt Practices Investigation Bureau (CPIB) investigator and his wife in town and took a picture of him .

Another is a former law student at the National University of Singapore (NUS) and a prosecution witness.

Both were linked to Professor Tey Tsun Hang, 41, who is in court for allegedly corruptly receiving gifts and sex from his former student, Miss Darinne Ko Wen Hui, 23, in a sex-for-grades trial.

Details of both emerged on Monday as CPIB officer, Mr Thomas Cheo, was quizzed by Deputy Public Prosecutor Yau Pui Man.

Mr Cheo was sent to Alexandra Hospital to check on Tey the day after he was warded, and again the next day when his discharge was expected.

He was also, he said, tasked on April 2 last year to interview a person related to the case - Ms Brenda Chong, Tey's former student at NUS.

This was the same day that Tey and Miss Ko were picked up. By 10.30am that day, CPIB deputy director Teng Khee Fatt had, based on Miss Ko's information, ordered three teams of officers to bring in three students - two men and a woman.

While never previously discussed in court, Ms Chong was on Day 1 of the trial listed as one of 14 witnesses originally scheduled to be called to testify.

Mystery woman

The topic of the mystery woman subsequently came up as Mr Cheo, an officer of 14 years, was asked if he met Tey again after the trips to hospital in April last year.

No, he said.

"But outside of CPIB, yes."

He said he couldn't remember the date but it was an evening after work, probably in July last year - the same month Tey was charged in court.

Mr Cheo said he was at Ion Orchard to meet his wife for dinner. They were travelling down an escalator when he noticed Tey and a woman going up in the opposite direction.

Tey looked at him, and directed his companion's attention to the investigator, he said.

After he stepped off the escalator, Mr Cheo said he continued walking with his wife, with Tey and the woman tailing him from a distance.

"Then the lady suddenly came up to me with a handphone. I believe she took a picture of me."

Tey and the woman then walked away, he said.

Nothing more was said of the alleged incident as it marked the conclusion of Mr Cheo's testimony.

Its occurrence was subsequently ignored by Tey, who said he had no questions for Mr Cheo.

"I have sparse recollection of what happened the day I was discharged," Tey said.

It's unclear if the woman is Tey's wife, who is understood to be overseas.

Monday's session was the continuation of a trial-within-a-trial. Tey is arguing that his statements to CPIB, in which he admitted to corruption with intent, should not be admitted because they were made under duress.

An investigator revealed that during his time at CPIB, Tey was crying at one point, speaking of how he felt if the case was to be made public.

Said Mr Michael Oh, who was sent to check on him at lunchtime on April 2: "He was sobbing, head hung low, seated on the bench. I remember hearing him say 'It's so shameful, what should I be thinking?'."

Tey hadn't responded when asked how he was and it took some persuasion for him to eat.

"I told him to take his meal because of the earlier conversation he had with his mother, when he promised (her) he would take care of himself," Mr Oh said.

Tey's listlessness at the Bureau also appeared to have irked a CPIB officer, assistant director Raymond Wee, who said yesterday he had looked into Tey's room during the time he claimed to be unwell.

Despite the presence of a table and bench, Tey was crouching in a corner of the room, and twice did not answer when Mr Wee asked what the matter was.

"I asked him, 'Why are you on the floor? Why don't you go to the bench? He ignored me and just gave a look.

"Then I told him, 'Why, CPIB's bench not good enough for you?' Then I left," he said.

Special investigators Cheo, Wee, Oh and another, Mr Hasvind Elangovan, were called on Monday as Tey had previously made allegations against officers he could not identify, despite a photo book of officers offered to him.

But Tey declined to cross-examine them. He said he had "sparse memory" both of the day he was sent to hospital and when he was discharged, and did not recognise the officers.

As Mr Teng also took the stand, Tey said he begged him to show stubs from a cheque book to Miss Ko, allegedly payment for the gifts he received from her.

"(I) even knelt down before you, pleading with you in Chinese to have some mercy, look into what (I) was trying to explain to you," he said to Mr Teng.

But Mr Teng said that, in all his interviews with Tey, he had never cried or knelt down in front of him, or made the statement in Mandarin.

Mr Teng, who recorded Tey's last three of six statements to the CPIB on May 17, 18 and 24, is expected to continue testifying on Tuesday.

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Don't tell me in first world country sinkapore the CPIB don't have video recording of interrogations? If there are, why not show it in court to end all the he-said-i-say exchanges.

wendychan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
LOL

hahha what to say- loaded billion dollar question..

if i read and understood correctly, some else said some where else that transcripts also not available.... strange, one would have have thought getting to the truth is more important...

Last edited:

batman1

Alfrescian
Loyal
The CPIB lacks professionalism and competency compared to HK ICAC.They produced sub-standard performance and poor productivity cos for a long time they think they are a protected species and nobody could touch them.

lianbeng

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
lianbeng chio kar pengz liao! :biggrin: even CPIB officer also corrupted! judgment begins @ home!

Last edited:

TuaGow

Alfrescian
Loyal
cpib dogs are so scared of a wimpy professor who can only knee down for mercy. they are worse than a wussy! :biggrin:

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Don't tell me in first world country sinkapore the CPIB don't have video recording of interrogations? If there are, why not show it in court to end all the he-said-i-say exchanges.

If this was CSJ or any of the oppositions they going to "fix", bet you, they will have vid cam that will have 360 panorama view & the number of pixels sharpness equal to that of "curiousity" has on mars; but this was a previous "pet" of theirs, who bite the masters hand.."chin chai" a bit!

batman1

Alfrescian
Loyal
Where's the standards of professionalism and productivity so often trumpeted by the MIW ?
Mind you,they are paid by singapore citizen taxpayers' money !

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Where's the standards of professionalism and productivity so often trumpeted by the MIW ?
Mind you,they are paid by singapore citizen taxpayers' money !

Professionalism & productivity only if you are connedto, bornto, memberto..any other, they will conveniently forget..if they have a strong duty of Taxpayer's money, many things here would have been done properly...it is treated like, sad to say " party's fund"..what do you think?

jw5

Loyal
This is getting ridiculous.

Kneeling, crouching, tailing, crying, fxxking................................

lianbeng

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
lianbeng says: no wonder that Ng Boon Gay's case now no sound no news!:biggrin: maybe Cecilia Sue gave all of them good BJ-ing lah!

Last edited: