• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

[COVID-19 Virus] The Sinkies are fucked Thread.

porcaputtana

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thats not what I said. I was referring to the disappointing result as far as one of the objectives that a vaccine should have. Controlling spread of the virus.

https://www.sammyboy.com/threads/si...r-economy-as-covid-surges.311011/post-3485015

https://www.sammyboy.com/threads/si...r-economy-as-covid-surges.311011/post-3485582

Your comments exposed your ignorance of vaccine science as a medical professional and cast doubts on current vaccine policy . As a doctor people look up to you and anything you utter should be evidence based and not on conjectures and gut feelings like a layperson . It's disgraceful .

kaninabuchaojibye

Alfrescian
Loyal
People are developing diabetes after COVID-19. It might be because the virus messing with insulin-producing cells, new research suggests.
sg.news.yahoo.com

edc870a25e1a1af66a99176b1a699049

blood sugar test
  • Some COVID-19 patients have been developing symptoms of diabetes after infection.
  • This has scientists asking if COVID-19 could trigger diabetes.
  • Early findings suggest that the coronavirus could be prompting the pancreas to self-destruct.
  • See more stories on Insider's business page.
The coronavirus could be harming vital cells in the pancreas and leaving people with diabetes, according to new research being pursued by scientists.

The relationship between COVID-19 and diabetes is poorly understood and scientists don't yet have definitive answers.

But as the pandemic progressed, a growing number of reports suggested that people who caught COVID-19 were noticing diabetes symptoms for the first time. It is too soon to say whether the condition is permanent.

"Clearly there's a link, there's some sort of mechanism that makes the diseases fuel one another," Francesco Rubino chair of metabolic surgery at King's College London, told Insider. "The question is whether new-onset diabetes could be caused by this virus."

Diabetes is an excess of blood sugar, caused when the body is either not producing enough insulin, the hormone which lowers the blood sugar, or is becoming resistant to it.

One theory was that the body could be confusing pancreas cells for the coronavirus, and trying to destroy them. This would disrupt insulin supply and cause diabetes, the scientists thought.
But research suggests something else could be going on: the virus might be altering the pancreas, prompting it to destroy itself.

mask coronavirus covid funny sign

Pancreas malfunction​

A hallmark of diabetes seen after COVID-19 is the extremely high levels of blood sugar people produce.

These, in turn, need high doses of insulin to counteract, Shiubing Chen, a researcher at the Department of Surgery, Weill Cornell Medicine, told Insider.

"This suggests there may be some acute damage of the pancreas," Chen said.

To understand what is happening in the pancreas, Chen and her team looked at autopsy samples from five donors with COVID-19. They also gave the coronavirus to cells taken from healthy human pancreases in a laboratory.

Their findings were published in the peer-reviewed journal Cell Metabolism on August 3.
The researchers found that after infection, the insulin-producing cells of the pancreas started acting strangely.

They made much less insulin and instead started making glucagon - the chemical which has the opposite effect.

The cells also started making trypsin, a digestive enzyme, and chemokines, a type of substance that tells the immune system cells are sick and should be destroyed.

Whether this effect is severe enough to cause diabetes to develop where before there was none is something "we don't know yet," Chen said.

covid vaccine

It is not clear how COVID-19 interacts with diabetes​

It is plausible that the coronavirus could change the function of the beta cells, said Rubino, the metabolic surgery expert.

But there could be other reasons, he said. It is possible, for instance, that some of the people already had diabetes before catching COVID-19, but were never aware of it.

Rubino has helped put together a registry for cases of new-onset diabetes he hopes will shed light on the issue.

It is not clear how long symptoms of diabetes will last after infection, Rubino and Chen said. Both advised that it is best to avoid getting COVID-19 altogether by getting vaccinated.

Read the original article on Business Insider

porcaputtana

Alfrescian
Loyal

I quote :

The mRNA so called "vaccines" caused more harm than good as far as covid spread is concerned.

Very bad.

And unquote

That is truly fucked up. It makes you no better than the retards we have here . You should start attending CMEs and better yourself .

dredd

Alfrescian
Loyal
No need to fret. Have not reached the 5000 threshold yet.
When the number 3577 came up, the uneducated bengs and morons here all started to get worked up and kpkb everything under the sun.

If only they are loooked at with closer scrutiny... the numbers are really no big deal when 98.3% have no or mild symptoms.

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod
When the number 3577 came up, the uneducated bengs and morons here all started to get worked up and kpkb everything under the sun.

If only they are loooked at with closer scrutiny... the numbers are really no big deal when 98.3% have no or mild symptoms.
I have no problems agreeing that the immunotherapy has its benefits. As I said it reduces morbidity and mortality.

However they were sold as what typical vaccines do. Ie also bring about immunity in recipients and hence will reduce spread of the virus and thus result in decline in cases. The hope also was that even if we dont achieve 100% treated rates that if we have enough people treated there will be herd immunity and also protect those who did not take the vaccine.

Alas that is not the case. The increase in cases with serious problems is among the untreated and unvaccinated. As healthcare professionals we should not be saying anyone deserves to get the illness. It is unprofessional and unethical.

If we had kept the restrictions in place, still asked for masking and physical distancing the spread will be lower plus we still have benefits of the reduction in morbidity and mortality.

Hindsight is 20/20 of course but it is very disappointing that it was sold as a vaccine when it was not a proper vaccine.

porcaputtana

Alfrescian
Loyal
Your behavior in gaslighting people. Insulting people. Being extremely rude. Cursing people to die.....very unbecoming of a doctor.

All can see. So what you call yourself a doctor and have all these boards you are so proud of?

Right @dredd ?

I don't spew fake science with an MBBS

Small wonder why you needed to flee to Canada where they have lower standards

dredd

Alfrescian
Loyal
Your behavior in gaslighting people. Insulting people. Being extremely rude. Cursing people to die.....very unbecoming of a doctor.

All can see. So what you call yourself a doctor and have all these boards you are so proud of?

Right @dredd ?
Chill lah all...

porcapputtana talks the way he does. We are all different. I've said so before, don't take things personally in this forum.

Just come, post your piece and have fun... nothing we say will change anything. So just chill... :biggrin:

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod
I quote :

The mRNA so called "vaccines" caused more harm than good as far as covid spread is concerned.

Very bad.

And unquote

That is truly fucked up. It makes you no better than the retards we have here . You should start attending CMEs and better yourself .
As far as spread of covid is concerned the data and evidence is there.

After vaccination we all thought it would do what typical vaccines would do.

But it did not as explained.

The spread of the virus went up. Evidenced by increase in cases.

I am specifically referring to spread of cases.

There is no other vaccine out on the market that does not reduce cases except for the covid vaccine. Why is that? Because vaccines are supposed to reduce cases.

Not only has it not reduced cases but the number of cases have gone up.

Yes morbidity and mortality among those who got the shot is lower but this points more to a prophylactic mode of action rather than immunity which is what vaccines should do.

Stop gas lighting and insulting me. Are you so insecure that you have to belittle others to masturbate your ego?

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod
Chill lah all...

porcapputtana talks the way he does. We are all different. I've said so before, don't take things personally in this forum.

Just come, post your piece and have fun... nothing we say will change anything. So just chill... :biggrin:
You see the way he talk.

Hey his comments are personal. And insulting.

porcaputtana

Alfrescian
Loyal
As far as spread of covid is concerned the data and evidence is there.

After vaccination we all thought it would do what typical vaccines would do.

But it did not as explained.

The spread of the virus went up. Evidenced by increase in cases.

I am specifically referring to spread of cases.

There is no other vaccine out on the market that does not reduce cases except for the covid vaccine. Why is that? Because vaccines are supposed to reduce cases.

Not only has it not reduced cases but the number of cases have gone up.

Yes morbidity and mortality among those who got the shot is lower but this points more to a prophylactic mode of action rather than immunity which is what vaccines should do.

Stop gas lighting and insulting me. Are you so insecure that you have to belittle others to masturbate your ego?

Your ignorance is astonishing . And learn to fight your own battle instead of calling for reinforcement .

porcaputtana

Alfrescian
Loyal
You see the way he talk.

Hey his comments are personal. And insulting.

So far you have only been droning and whining on and on about patient autonomy and how powerless you are . You don't even have the moral courage to stand up to your patients and do what is expected of you . Just roll over and play dead . That makes you a licensed (Canadian license) opioid peddler .

Come back and practice in Singapore and I will see how fast SMC will suspend you