• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

[COVID-19 Virus] The Sinkies are fucked Thread.

Byebye Penis

Alfrescian
Loyal
S’pore Lady Shares Worries Over Elderly Father’s Welfare At Community Care Facility On Instagram

I take care of the seniors at home, and all I get in return from big-mouthed relatives are thankless remarks such as because I am so lucky, I can work flexi-hours for work, I can do deliveries at anytime that I want, so I am more free to take care of senior. lanjiao ok?

Why this lady never consider bringing her elderly father home, since she worries so much? This lady can have time to post on instagrams to get likes, why she don't spend more time with her father?

dredd

Alfrescian
Loyal
I second that.

I have been fully vaccinated and have peace of mind. I have long gone over COVID and have prepared my life and business for a post pandemic future. There are more important things in life to think about than COVID. :thumbsup:

kaninabuchaojibye

Alfrescian
Loyal
New Zealand drops COVID-19 elimination strategy under pressure from Delta
www.reuters.com
  • PM Ardern says Auckland to reopen in phases
  • Delta "tentacles" hard to shake - Ardern
  • More cases reported in Auckland on Monday
WELLINGTON, Oct 4 (Reuters) - New Zealand on Monday abandoned its long-standing strategy of eliminating coronavirus amid a persistent Delta outbreak, and will instead look to live with the virus and control its spread as its vaccination rate rises.

The Pacific nation was among just a handful of countries to bring COVID-19 cases down to zero last year and largely stayed virus-free until an outbreak of the highly infectious Delta variant in mid-August frustrated efforts to stamp out transmission.

"With this outbreak and Delta the return to zero is incredibly difficult," Prime Minister Jacinda Ardern told a news conference in a major policy shift.

"This is a change in approach we were always going to make over time. Our Delta outbreak has accelerated this transition. Vaccines will support it," she said.

Ardern said a lockdown affecting 1.7 million people in the biggest city Auckland will be scaled back in phases, with some freedoms introduced from Wednesday.

The change of direction came as the country recorded 29 new COVID-19 cases on Monday, taking the total number in the current outbreak to 1,357. Most cases are in Auckland, which has been in lockdown for nearly 50 days.

Amid mounting pressure, Ardern has said her strategy was never to have zero cases, but to aggressively stamp out the virus. She said strict lockdowns will end once 90% of the eligible population is vaccinated.

About two million New Zealanders have so far been fully vaccinated, or about 48% of the eligible population.

Ardern said the Delta variant felt like "a tentacle that has been incredibly hard to shake".

"It's clear that a long period of heavy restrictions has not got us to zero cases. But its ok ... elimination was important because we didn't have vaccinations. Now we do. So we can begin to change the way we do things," she said.

People in Auckland will be able to leave their homes to connect with loved ones outdoors from Wednesday, with a limit of 10 people, as well as go to beaches and parks.

The normally bustling High Street in Auckland’s CBD is largely deserted during a lockdown to curb the spread of a coronavirus disease (COVID-19) outbreak, in Auckland, New Zealand, August 26, 2021.  REUTERS/Fiona Goodall

The normally bustling High Street in Auckland’s CBD is largely deserted during a lockdown to curb the spread of a coronavirus disease (COVID-19) outbreak, in Auckland, New Zealand, August 26, 2021. REUTERS/Fiona Goodall

Worldwide deaths related to COVID-19 surpassed 5 million on Friday, according to a Reuters tally, with unvaccinated people particularly exposed to the virulent Delta strain.

CHEERS AND WARNINGS

Ardern used strict lockdowns and New Zealand's geographic isolation to eliminate coronavirus last year, a feat that helped her secure an historic election victory.

But a sluggish vaccine rollout and the persistent Delta outbreak this year has dented her popularity.

Aucklanders turned to social media after the announcement, with many cheering the decision while others expressed concern.

"I think if we'd been at 1-2 unlinked cases a day and/or no infections in community and no spread outside Auckland (and higher vaccination) I'd be cheering right now," one Aucklander said on Twitter.

University of Auckland professor Shaun Hendy, who has been modelling the spread of COVID-19, said the new freedoms were likely to lead to greater spread and higher case numbers in coming weeks.

"The government will be hoping that any growth in cases that result is slow enough that vaccination can get ahead of the outbreak, before it puts significant strain on our testing and tracing system, not to mention our hospitals," Hendy said.

Political parties on both sides slammed the move.

"Jacinda Ardern has no answers to problems that she and her Government promised us were under control. The situation is now, very clearly, out of control and worsening every day," Opposition National Party leader Judith Collins said in a statement.

Ardern's Labour Party coalition partner, Greens, said the move put vulnerable communities and children at risk.

Reporting by Praveen Menon; Editing by Richard Pullin

Our Standards: The Thomson Reuters Trust Principles.

myfoot123

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The usual PAP narrative:

Vaccinated Elderly folks died - DUE TO MEDICATION CONDITIONS
Non Vaccinated Elderly folks died - DUE TO NON VACCINATIONS.

Vaccinated or non vaccinated, once you died of Covit-19, it is your fault, don't blame MOH.

You see, they short of reporting those who did not go for vaccination, survived the infection. Fishy PAP agenda.

dredd

Alfrescian
Loyal
The usual PAP narrative:

Vaccinated Elderly folks died - DUE TO MEDICATION CONDITIONS
Non Vaccinated Elderly folks died - DUE TO NON VACCINATIONS.

Vaccinated or non vaccinated, once you died of Covit-19, it is your fault, don't blame MOH.

You see, they short of reporting those who did not go for vaccination, survived the infection. Fishy PAP agenda.
Since they are fishy, than don't take vaccine lor!

Nobody forcing you to take what. :rolleyes:

Cottonmouth

Alfrescian
Loyal
Talking via his mother's lips down there.

Government has always planned for 'big surge' in COVID cases: Ong Ye Kung​

Nicholas Yong
Nicholas Yong
·Assistant News Editor
Mon, 4 October 2021, 3:39 pm·3 min read

Health Minister Ong Ye Kung speaks to reporters during a COVID-19 doorstop interview on 17 September, 2021. (PHOTO: MCI)

Health Minister Ong Ye Kung speaks to reporters during a COVID-19 doorstop interview on 17 September, 2021. (PHOTO: MCI)
SINGAPORE — The government has always planned for the possibility of a "big surge" in COVID-19 cases, said Health Minister Ong Ye Kung in Parliament on Monday (4 October).
Referring to a query by Sengkang Member of Parliament He Ting Ru, Ong said, "The Member seems to have a narrative that we...did not plan for all this. On the contrary, we have always planned for a big surge."
The Workers' Party MP had asked about the government's planning parameters when it first announced that Singapore would move into the endemic phase of the pandemic. She said, "How many cases were we planning for that event before this current surge? Was it 1000, 2000, 3000, 5000?"
Alluding to the Saw Swee Hock School of Public Health's projection that COVID-19 cases in Singapore might rise up to 10,000 a day, Ong said that he and his fellow multi-ministry taskforce (MTF) on COVID-19 co-chairs had consistently warned that the number of cases and deaths would rise.
Noting that many responses and protocols have been developed over the past 20 months, he added, "Many of the protocols were designed at a time when the public wants to see us snubbing out every single cluster, and so we have all these tight protocols, but now we are in the phase of trying to live with COVID-19."
Ong, who is also MP for Sembawang, noted that the four-stage re-opening process was announced without a timeline as the MTF needed to "watch the situation". When cases began to surge in end-August as the Delta variant took its toll, the authorities were ready to handle 1,500 cases a day.
While the government is currently ramping up capacity to handle up to 5,000 cases, it is already planning how to handle 10,000 cases, Ong said. "So in terms of planning capacity manpower, we always want to bounce ahead."
In her query, He also asked if the MTF's communications and messaging could be improved, given a surplus of confusing acronyms, flow charts and spreadsheets. "I think everybody want(s) to avoid a situation where...every time we loosen some restrictions, we see a massive surge and people cannot actually get any answers, or they cannot get through the hotlines."
Ong noted that the MTF had said on Saturday that the "many and complex" healthcare, testing and isolation protocols will be streamlined so that residents will find them simple enough to follow.
However, Ong "fully acknowledged" that the Home Recovery Programme (HRP) had not gone well, partly because it was still a pilot programme when the surge in cases happened. "All the complaints about conveyancing, calling, not getting in, people not getting responses, is not because the beds were totally full, but processes with regard to the HRP was not totally ready and we were caught by the sudden increase."
Stressing that HRP must work, he added, "Then, the great majority of patients who are well, no symptoms, mild symptoms can recover at home, then the hospital capacity that we planned for can focus on the 2 per cent that really need help."

Cottonmouth

Alfrescian
Loyal
Virgin, I can't handle a 2000 horsepower dildo, my hymen will break
Also Virgin, I want to organise a gangbang tomorrow, I'm sending out 10000 invites.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Playing semantic word games again. :rolleyes:

Yes, you had planned. But you were still unprepared, despite all that planning. That's why the hospitals were overcrowded and SAF people had to help out at the last minute... please do not insult my intelligence and claim that it was part of your plan.

sweetiepie

Alfrescian
Loyal
A 10k cases per day for a endemic ? Per mth 310k what is the population of sg ? Isn't that like what my uncle said economy will also be handicapped by this kind of figures KNN

glockman

Old Fart
Asset
New Zealand drops COVID-19 elimination strategy under pressure from Delta
www.reuters.com
  • PM Ardern says Auckland to reopen in phases
  • Delta "tentacles" hard to shake - Ardern
  • More cases reported in Auckland on Monday
WELLINGTON, Oct 4 (Reuters) - New Zealand on Monday abandoned its long-standing strategy of eliminating coronavirus amid a persistent Delta outbreak, and will instead look to live with the virus and control its spread as its vaccination rate rises.

The Pacific nation was among just a handful of countries to bring COVID-19 cases down to zero last year and largely stayed virus-free until an outbreak of the highly infectious Delta variant in mid-August frustrated efforts to stamp out transmission.

"With this outbreak and Delta the return to zero is incredibly difficult," Prime Minister Jacinda Ardern told a news conference in a major policy shift.

"This is a change in approach we were always going to make over time. Our Delta outbreak has accelerated this transition. Vaccines will support it," she said.

Ardern said a lockdown affecting 1.7 million people in the biggest city Auckland will be scaled back in phases, with some freedoms introduced from Wednesday.

The change of direction came as the country recorded 29 new COVID-19 cases on Monday, taking the total number in the current outbreak to 1,357. Most cases are in Auckland, which has been in lockdown for nearly 50 days.

Amid mounting pressure, Ardern has said her strategy was never to have zero cases, but to aggressively stamp out the virus. She said strict lockdowns will end once 90% of the eligible population is vaccinated.

About two million New Zealanders have so far been fully vaccinated, or about 48% of the eligible population.

Ardern said the Delta variant felt like "a tentacle that has been incredibly hard to shake".

"It's clear that a long period of heavy restrictions has not got us to zero cases. But its ok ... elimination was important because we didn't have vaccinations. Now we do. So we can begin to change the way we do things," she said.

People in Auckland will be able to leave their homes to connect with loved ones outdoors from Wednesday, with a limit of 10 people, as well as go to beaches and parks.

The normally bustling High Street in Auckland’s CBD is largely deserted during a lockdown to curb the spread of a coronavirus disease (COVID-19) outbreak, in Auckland, New Zealand, August 26, 2021.  REUTERS/Fiona Goodall

The normally bustling High Street in Auckland’s CBD is largely deserted during a lockdown to curb the spread of a coronavirus disease (COVID-19) outbreak, in Auckland, New Zealand, August 26, 2021. REUTERS/Fiona Goodall

Worldwide deaths related to COVID-19 surpassed 5 million on Friday, according to a Reuters tally, with unvaccinated people particularly exposed to the virulent Delta strain.

CHEERS AND WARNINGS

Ardern used strict lockdowns and New Zealand's geographic isolation to eliminate coronavirus last year, a feat that helped her secure an historic election victory.

But a sluggish vaccine rollout and the persistent Delta outbreak this year has dented her popularity.

Aucklanders turned to social media after the announcement, with many cheering the decision while others expressed concern.

"I think if we'd been at 1-2 unlinked cases a day and/or no infections in community and no spread outside Auckland (and higher vaccination) I'd be cheering right now," one Aucklander said on Twitter.

University of Auckland professor Shaun Hendy, who has been modelling the spread of COVID-19, said the new freedoms were likely to lead to greater spread and higher case numbers in coming weeks.

"The government will be hoping that any growth in cases that result is slow enough that vaccination can get ahead of the outbreak, before it puts significant strain on our testing and tracing system, not to mention our hospitals," Hendy said.

Political parties on both sides slammed the move.

"Jacinda Ardern has no answers to problems that she and her Government promised us were under control. The situation is now, very clearly, out of control and worsening every day," Opposition National Party leader Judith Collins said in a statement.

Ardern's Labour Party coalition partner, Greens, said the move put vulnerable communities and children at risk.

Reporting by Praveen Menon; Editing by Richard Pullin

Our Standards: The Thomson Reuters Trust Principles.
I think Jacinda spoke to boss sam, and he managed to convince her.:biggrin:

millim6868

Alfrescian
Loyal
This editor also another por lan par,even up all in sg hv covid then wat he going to do,are they allow to go other countries or do ppl dare to come, CB talk cock,then u tell me even China so big also can control, only these bunch of clowns make it worse, nobody in this world want to get infected,nobody knows in the long run wat will happen to the body esp after vac