• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Country garden @ Danga Bay is Launching Soon

Relaxman

Alfrescian
Loyal
Btw, don't simply say anything about the royal family. Recently read that some random guy got like 9 months jail for flipping the finger when "his" convoy passed by on the highway. Excessive much?

The guy deserve that. He is being, "kurang ajar" to the royal family. That is what i said, don't mess around with the royal family in Johor. He knows what is good to the people in JB. And most of us trust is vision and judgement. Every property development that was endorsed by him is a good buy!

westman

Alfrescian
Loyal
I do not understand why you insist that CG save cost. On what basis did you arrive to that conclusion? What modelling are you basing on?

Why must they save cost if they can sell well? Or what is their strategy. Who is their target buyers?

To arrive to this basis as to cut cost and ROI, do you know how much they are spending, how many homes and office towers will be built and what is the selling price? How about retails? Do you know that they are building for 700,000 population? Or do you know they are pouring RM175 billion into this project? People in rural China can be deceived, but remember this is a international project. You do not play around when the GDV is RM450 billion.

I am sorry, but for what I observed, you need to research more. Leave the project to the project team. Have faith.

No lah.. tot this is just for discussion.
If you read my earlier posting.... i happened to watch a video about CG (China) cutting corners. I KAPO POST THAT here thinking to discuss how these may affect developement here.

That how we start out the discussion..ypu post.. i post.. just merely for discussion

If this thread is about discussing positive thing only and nothing else... i have nothing more to say. The same will hold true for amy other projects...

westman

Alfrescian
Loyal
Btw, don't simply say anything about the royal family. Recently read that some random guy got like 9 months jail for flipping the finger when "his" convoy passed by on the highway. Excessive much?

Thst why I cannot name....

eric3417

Alfrescian
Loyal
Flashing middle finger at Royalties in some parts of our World could leave u fingerless...
9mths jail after holiday etc maybe left with 6mths.
Consider lenient liao lo...

Try North Korea for Eg.
:biggrin:

Tekkun

Alfrescian
Loyal
Flashing middle finger at Royalties in some parts of our World could leave u fingerless...

Try North Korea for Eg.

I suggest that he unzip himself next time. LOL

ECboy

Alfrescian
Loyal

Try North Korea for Eg.

The American student sentenced to 15 years hard labor for stealing some propaganda material from the hotel in North Korea. That's nuts!

Just happened few days ago i think.

Tekkun

Alfrescian
Loyal
No lah.. tot this is just for discussion.
If you read my earlier posting.... i happened to watch a video about CG (China) cutting corners. I KAPO POST THAT here thinking to discuss how these may affect developement here.

That how we start out the discussion..ypu post.. i post.. just merely for discussion

If this thread is about discussing positive thing only and nothing else... i have nothing more to say. The same will hold true for amy other projects...

I have been building industry for 15 years. There are things that can be done yet there are things that cannot be done. So far, I have not seen anything like those videos happening in Malaysia. As I said I am not a customer of CG at all. I do not have any vested interest in this thread. You can still post your doubts but I will contribute or rebut when it is warranted. No hard feels.
But now I am out of this industry, still keeping in touch but no longer part of it.

Last edited:

westman

Alfrescian
Loyal
I have been building industry for 15 years. I worked very closely with the regulators then. There are things that can be done yet there are things that cannot be done. So far, I have not seen anything like those videos happening in Malaysia. As I said I am not a customer of CG at all. I do not have any vested interest in this thread. You can still post your doubts but I will contribute or rebut when it is warranted. No hard feels.
But now I am out of this industry, still keeping in touch but no longer part of it.

Noted. Coin has two sides.. let continue to discuss both sides. Who says I only post negative feedback? We are here for TCSS.. no point make foes... hehe

Since you mentioned about contruction industry....Just two days ago.. in Cari Forum.. there is thread about a project completed VP process and when owners visit their units.. the units were at 55% to 60% completed. The units are without doors and owners are not even given keys when they signed VP paperworks.This saga open up a pandora box where fingers start pointing between buyers / developer / banker / surveyor.. not sure what is the latest status..

Am not posting the link incase being called a basher.

Frodo

Alfrescian
Loyal
I have been building industry for 15 years. There are things that can be done yet there are things that cannot be done. So far, I have not seen anything like those videos happening in Malaysia. As I said I am not a customer of CG at all. I do not have any vested interest in this thread. You can still post your doubts but I will contribute or rebut when it is warranted. No hard feels.

Veteran spotted! :biggrin:

snowbird

Alfrescian
Loyal
My apology to you too because i thought that you are just here to tarnish the image of Chinese developers. My thought is that whatever happened in China cannot be compared to Malaysia scenario. CG Danga Bay or Forrest City have endorsement from The Johor Sultan. That is as good as endorsement from Malaysia PM!

There is a world of difference if it was endorsed in the capacity of a businessman.

Relaxman

Alfrescian
Loyal
There is a world of difference if it was endorsed in the capacity of a businessman.

Not only as capacity as businessman but also royal status. Both are good. Endorsement in the capacity of a businessman will ensure that this project will be a success in future. Definitely the Sultan will not want a flop project at his own backyard.

Tekkun

Alfrescian
Loyal
Noted. Coin has two sides.. let continue to discuss both sides. Who says I only post negative feedback? We are here for TCSS.. no point make foes... hehe

Since you mentioned about contruction industry....Just two days ago.. in Cari Forum.. there is thread about a project completed VP process and when owners visit their units.. the units were at 55% to 60% completed. The units are without doors and owners are not even given keys when they signed VP paperworks.This saga open up a pandora box where fingers start pointing between buyers / developer / banker / surveyor.. not sure what is the latest status..

For VP to happen (Vacant Possession), you need certain parties to undertake that it is fully completed. The process is called issuance of Certificate of Compliance and Completion (CCC) which involve the Supervising Officer (SO) normally it is the Architect himself and the respective certifiers such as structural engineers, M & E Engineers, Fire Protection, etc. Even items like entrance doors which is a firedoor need to be signed off. Each individual is required to sign off their own respective scope of works. I think there are more than 20 parties involved in this exercise. However, CCC may or may not involve connection of water and electricity. All it need is to be certified to be connection ready. Undertake here means legally binding course of action.

If what is mentioned that doors is not there and it is 55% completed, then it is not ready. How could the owners be asked to sign the VP. It is very normal that owners and the representatives of the developer make a joint inspection visit and tick off each item. If the owners are naive enough to sign off a uncompleted house, then who do they want to blame?

Also the SO Architect need to issue a Certificate of Completion for each scope and stage of works before banks would allow them to draw down for partial payments. How could the money be paid if it is 55% completed?

I personally cannot add up these events. There's no logic in this thread. Early signing of a VP means the developer is trying to avoid payment of late delivery charges. In any case if the owners are actually conned into signing, there's a defects liability period.

Another recourse is to go to the Government:

Tribunal for Homebuyer Claims (Kuala Lumpur)
Aras 2, Blok B Selatan
Pusat Bandar Damansara, 50782 Kuala Lumpur
Tel:03-2092 4488 (Hotline) / 03-2099 8389 / 03-2099 8402
Fax : 03-2093 4776
E-mail : [email protected]

Last edited:

Relaxman

Alfrescian
Loyal

Pls share which project is this.

westman

Alfrescian
Loyal
For VP to happen (Vacant Possession), you need certain parties to undertake that it is fully completed. The process is called issuance of Certificate of Compliance and Completion (CCC) which involve the Supervising Officer (SO) normally it is the Architect himself and the respective certifiers such as structural engineers, M & E Engineers, Fire Protection, etc. Even items like entrance doors which is a firedoor need to be signed off. Each individual is required to sign off their own respective scope of works. I think there are more than 20 parties involved in this exercise. However, CCC may or may not involve connection of water and electricity. All it need is to be certified to be connection ready. Undertake here means legally binding course of action.

If what is mentioned that doors is not there and it is 55% completed, then it is not ready. How could the owners be asked to sign the VP. It is very normal that owners and the representatives of the developer make a joint inspection visit and tick off each item. If the owners are naive enough to sign off a uncompleted house, then who do they want to blame?

Also the SO Architect need to issue a Certificate of Completion for each scope and stage of works before banks would allow them to draw down for partial payments. How could the money be paid if it is 55% completed?

I personally cannot add up these events. There's no logic in this thread. Early signing of a VP means the developer is trying to avoid payment of late delivery charges. In any case if the owners are actually conned into signing, there's a defects liability period.

Another recourse is to go to the Government:

Tribunal for Homebuyer Claims (Kuala Lumpur)
Aras 2, Blok B Selatan
Pusat Bandar Damansara, 50782 Kuala Lumpur
Tel:03-2092 4488 (Hotline) / 03-2099 8389 / 03-2099 8402
Fax : 03-2093 4776
E-mail : [email protected]

You have spot on..
So many "by right".. "should be"...

Hard truth.. "by left"..."sibei suay"
When money is on the table.. many funy things can happened.

Last edited:

Tekkun

Alfrescian
Loyal
You have spot on..
So many "by right".. "should be"...

Hard truth.. "by left"..."sibei suay"
When money is on the table.. many funy things can happened.

The link showed commercial units and not residentials.
Therefore, the Housing Tribunal does not apply here.

The owners have to sue in the civil court and seek damages from there. It all depend on their S & P contract as it is not the normal agreement regulated by the REHDA (Housing and Developer Association).

The Non Schedule SPA apply to commercial properties which include serviced apartments, strata offices, commercial lots, factories etc.

The main area of concern is as follows:

The effective date for delivery does not commence until the occurrence of certain events, e.g. the approval of building plans, which the developer commonly refers to as “unconditional date”. The completion date may be extended for reasons which the developer claims to be not within its control. As the “unconditional date” is often not known, it is almost impossible to compute the delivery date for the delivery of vacant possession.

Progress payments may have to be paid when the architect certifies that the work for a particular stage has commenced, even though not completed. In the latter case, the developer is actually paid in advance for works to be carried out.

The right to claim for liquidated damages for late delivery will be dependent on the actual wording used in the agreement, and in some cases, 10% per annum on the amount paid.It is common to find provisions where certain events will automatically entitle the developer to extend the date of the delivery of vacant possession.

In commercial properties, there is no statutory check for the deposit and withdrawal of progress payments.

Investing in properties is fun at times but not so fun when problems arise.

Last edited:

westman

Alfrescian
Loyal
The link showed commercial units and not residentials.
Therefore, the Housing Tribunal does not apply here.
The owners have to sue in the civil court and seek damages from there. It all depend on their S & P contract as it is not the normal agreement regulated by the REHDA (Housing and Developer Association).

Yup.. its commercial.. however.. the main point here.. anything can happened...