• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Could Kenneth Jeyaretnam's A PAP Mole?

RoyMcFarland

Alfrescian
Loyal
Kenneth's crime is that he loves his father very much and wanted to pick up the baton and run. Remember, JBJ formed the Reform Party to fight this election. Maybe, he felt he owed it to JBJ after his late father's legendary struggles. Unfortunately he is totally not suited for the role. He has lived overseas for a long time, he's totally incapable of understanding the Singaporean psyche and he's not a politician. His heart is in the right place but his mind is all over the place...

As for Desmond Lim, I have a lot of respect for him. He was my Town Council manager in Potong Pasir. He's an earnest, hardworking man. He had a falling out with Chiam over the Reform Party and Mrs Chiam's role in Potong Pasir. I'm not in a position to make any judgments there, although I think he was ill advised. As for his standing in Ponggol East, I think he has every right to. He stood in Pasir Ris-Ponggol GRC in 2006. Ponggol East is a new SMC carved out of this GRC. He was cultivating the ground since 2006. As much as I admire what the Worker's Party has achieved, I don't think they should have parachuted their candidate in at the last minute, even if they think they can do better. Let's face it, the WP would have done better in every other constituency where the opposition was SPP,SDA or even NSP. Why avoid fights there, but, go for 3 cornered fight with Desmond?

NoNewsGood

Alfrescian
Loyal
Kenneth's crime is that he loves his father very much and wanted to pick up the baton and run. Remember, JBJ formed the Reform Party to fight this election. Maybe, he felt he owed it to JBJ after his late father's legendary struggles. Unfortunately he is totally not suited for the role. He has lived overseas for a long time, he's totally incapable of understanding the Singaporean psyche and he's not a politician. His heart is in the right place but his mind is all over the place...

As for Desmond Lim, I have a lot of respect for him. He was my Town Council manager in Potong Pasir. He's an earnest, hardworking man. He had a falling out with Chiam over the Reform Party and Mrs Chiam's role in Potong Pasir. I'm not in a position to make any judgments there, although I think he was ill advised. As for his standing in Ponggol East, I think he has every right to. He stood in Pasir Ris-Ponggol GRC in 2006. Ponggol East is a new SMC carved out of this GRC. He was cultivating the ground since 2006. As much as I admire what the Worker's Party has achieved, I don't think they should have parachuted their candidate in at the last minute, even if they think they can do better. Let's face it, the WP would have done better in every other constituency where the opposition was SPP,SDA or even NSP. Why avoid fights there, but, go for 3 cornered fight with Desmond?

I have no wish to turn this into a Desmond thread so I shall be brief.

Desmond is a weak candidate. A person may be hardworking but if his efforts do not yield results, he is still not effective. If he had cultivated the ground properly, he would have won the election, be it 3 or 4 cornered. So what if he had contested in the same ward before? Everything is meaningless.

The whole election campaign is about winning votes. Desmond is not good at winning votes. It is as simple as that.

japarmy

Alfrescian
Loyal
The mole INTO the PAP is the brother of Kenneth, Philip Jeyaretnam.

Who does Philip really work for? - certainly not the PAP who he uses and cleverly manipulates.

Philip is allied with his former boss, Helen Yeo, who has some very interesting connections. With her sister Juliana Tan, a former spy, they ran an operation in Thailand with Juliana's then boyfriend, Dan de Mirmont, an arms dealer and former Israeli mercenary.

Dan moved on to Afghanistan and is now in Morocco. Philip still works with Helen who is his "advisor" at Rodyk & Davidson.

So the connections go from terrorist Baldev Naidu, to Kenneth Jeyaretnam, to Philip Jeyaretnam, to Helen Yeo, to Juliana Tan, to Dan de Mirmont. What an group! Isn't it about time for the ISD to lock them all up. Well not convicted terrorist Baldev Naidu, co-founder of the Reform Party with KP, who is already locked up in the USA.

Oh yes, and JBJ helped Baldev Naidu change is name - to help his terrorist friend avoid the police.

davetan3

Alfrescian
Loyal
Both him and CSM have lived overseas for a long time.
I find it hard to believe that within 1 election of less than 2 weeks, they can connect to the common people.
Know that these are elite people earning multi-million dollar salaries.

Also in a more cynical mode, connecting to the people is but being a better actor during election.
George Bush could certainly connect to the people and Al Gore came off and stiff and awkward.
On hindsight, no one doubted who would be the better president.