• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Cost of being unprepared for next pandemic will be too great: Ng Eng Hen

porcaputtana

Alfrescian
Loyal
NEH once said he is sacrificing for the country as he is earning more in the private sector as a breast surgeon.
that is absolutely true

all the doctors who enter politics could have made much much more as a private practitioner

TSL is prime example. $1m is something that comes out of his rear every morning

porcaputtana

Alfrescian
Loyal
Probably correct.

The same goes for Dr Tan See Leng and Dr Vivian Bala.

Lam Pin Min and Lim Wee Kiak both regular SAF medical officers. So maybe they got roped in that route. And they were younger also. Unfortunately the reality is SAF medical officers not so highly respected and valued as successful senior consultants established in hospital or private sector. Or GP who sold clinic chain and already senior advisor to medical conglomerates.

Dr Chia Shi Lu already quit politics liao. I get the impression he didnt like politics? But I may be wrong.

Anyway all these guys my senior. Never worked with them. Also were not my tutors except for Dr Ng Eng Hen.

maybe @porcaputtana bro got more stories to tell.
regular SAF MO have no clinical skill to speak of . how to respect ?

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod
Legend has it that LHL was very grateful to Ang Peng Tiam for "curing" his lymphoma and offered him a ministerial position

Obviously APT was not interested. $1m is not even pocket change to him. Plus he really doesn't care about serving the lower caste people

The Hen and APT were dear friends in SGH. Birds of the same feather

The Hen asked APT to ask LHL if he could be minister. No better platform to trample and lord over peasants

The rest is history

This folklore was told to me in the depths of the night when I was on call by a senior lao jiao. Not unbelievable
Datuk!

I remember going for Tumour Board meetings at SGH. Often APT name would be brought up as the private oncologist who had tried to treat the patient being presented for tumour board meeting. Lol!

porcaputtana

Alfrescian
Loyal
Datuk!

I remember going for Tumour Board meetings at SGH. Often APT name would be brought up as the private oncologist who had tried to treat the patient being presented for tumour board meeting. Lol!
Yup

Mighty APT never says no . There is always hope

As long as you pay him there is hope