• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Corruption in SCDF and CNB

Kohliantye

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The game will go into extra time. Then penalty kicks. And NBG will score the winning penalty kick by sending CPIB diving the wrong way.

From the very start this was more a case to be tried by a Disciplinary Board chaired by the PSC.

The CPIB by bringing the case to Court has wasted tax-payers money.

The Defence should apply for the case to be thrown out and the Prosecution should be made to pay costs.

Let this sort of thin g happen in our Courts.

The whole world is watching us..

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

From the very start this was more a case to be tried by a Disciplinary Board chaired by the PSC.

The CPIB by bringing the case to Court has wasted tax-payers money.

The Defence should apply for the case to be thrown out and the Prosecution should be made to pay costs.

Let this sort of thin g happen in our Courts.

The whole world is watching us..

Chatted with someone in-the-know recently. Was told our current DPPs are more gung-ho than their predecessors. Almost all cases, CHARGE! If the poor accused bo lui, he/she will simply PG. How many of our accused persons have the lui to claim trial?

Bigfuck

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Chatted with someone in-the-know recently. Was told our current DPPs are more gung-ho than their predecessors. Almost all cases, CHARGE! If the poor accused bo lui, he/she will simply PG. How many of our accused persons have the lui to claim trial?

My only reply is action speaks louder than words when things are overdone.

Charlie99

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Personally, I feel sorry for Mr Ng Boon Gay and his family, though I have not known him personally.

His good service in the past should have been taken into account. He did a lot in SPF and CNB

Why drag him to court on charges of fellatio? I feel sorry for him as a human being and as a husband and father.

To all those that think that they have not wronged even once in the past at any point of their lives, I wish to ask.

Is it right for that poor NBG to go through all these? If it was you, how would you feel..?

The trouble with us humans is that many of us (not all) refuse to empathise.

Hope the case ends fast and NBG can go about carving a new life for his family and him.

No one is Perfect. It could be me............

I like your attitude and approach to resolve matters.
Unfortunately, it appears that the govt and the prosecutors may have their own strategy.

Charlie99

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
He was SAC when retired in public interest. If LKY did not intervene, OSC would have masuk Changi. Pays to be obedient.

I suppose that for NBG, there is no one of significant influence, to put in a word for leniency for him.
I believe that retire in public interest would be the preferred alternative, which may also spare the govt some publicity.

Charlie99

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The game will go into extra time. Then penalty kicks. And NBG will score the winning penalty kick by sending CPIB diving the wrong way.

Although I do not know NBG, and have no vested interest, being a human being, and having observed a few cases, I pray and hope that NBG eventually walks out of the court room, a free man.

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I suppose that for NBG, there is no one of significant influence, to put in a word for leniency for him.
I believe that retire in public interest would be the preferred alternative, which may also spare the govt some publicity.

Having achieved the rank of SAC in his early 40s and appointed Director CID previously, NBG must have at least one 'mountain' behind him. My hunch is that this 'mountain' AWOLed when he discovered the odds and threats to his own position. The decision to charge is an overkill.

Kohliantye

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Bro GD, this is a sad fact of life. The poor people today simply cannot afford to hire even the cheapest lawyer.

Besides the lawyer, even if pro bono (free or with very low payment), there are other fees to pay - Affidavits, Reply to Affidavits, Copies of Documents from Court like Divorce papers, etc..This are NOT CHEAP. It has increased over the years.

Similarly not spared are certified true copies of police photos (accident scenes), copies of reports, statements, etc. This cost a lot and beyond the reach of the poor people.

Maybe this could be the reason why these poor people are prepared to plead guilty. But, in the eyes of justice this isn't fair. Everyone, from a prince to a pauper, have the right to defend themselves and the Courts must appreciate and respect such rights of individuals.

Our learned DPPs SHOULD NOT forget the values and virtues of the blindfolded Goddess known as the Lady of Justice (the statue of the lady holding the scales of justice) which represents the true objectives of justice arrived and decided upon without fear or favour, regardless of who one is, the money and power one possess or not.

It is on this line that the Justice System should continue to function for it gives hope to the people.

Finally, the AG has the constitutional right to prefer or withdraw charges. No one can question the office of the AG.

Even many doctors today are also not adhering to the "The Hippocratic Oath" by which they are encouraged to practice their proffession with good ethics and honesty. Just look at the recent case involving the Brunei Royalty.

This sad state of affairs should end. We are a small nation and can easily have the best system of check and balances in place.

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Although I do not know NBG, and have no vested interest, being a human being, and having observed a few cases, I pray and hope that NBG eventually walks out of the court room, a free man.

Even if he walks out a free man, he's already punished with all the publicity on his case. Hope he comes into this forum and contribute. Or, write a book.

Charlie99

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I agree with you, brother Kohliantye.

Obtaining the services of a legal counsel is beyond the reach of a significant number of the accused.
It looks like "service before pecuniary rewards" is no longer applicable or practised by many of the professionals.
I try to do one or two cases (disbursments only) a year, but unfortunately, most of those cases, I get "burned"

Last edited:
M

Mdm Tang

Having achieved the rank of SAC in his early 40s and appointed Director CID previously, NBG must have at least one 'mountain' behind him. My hunch is that this 'mountain' AWOLed when he discovered the odds and threats to his own position. The decision to charge is an overkill.

this "mountain" was referred to by Cecilia x 3 times

yesterday.

how come no one asked Cecilia who the hell

is this "mountain" !!!

Charlie99

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

My idle speculation is that the probable "mountain" is an individual that both you and I may know?

Kohliantye

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Dear Bro Charlie99,

You have done your part and your conscience will NEVER hurt you.

The money that you lost will come back in other ways.

At least you did your part as a human being.

I am proud of you. So will be many others.

Keep it up.

Charlie99

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Even if he walks out a free man, he's already punished with all the publicity on his case. Hope he comes into this forum and contribute. Or, write a book.

Yes.
Even if one is innocent and free, going through that process is very stressful.
Having being through a complaint and the resulting disciplinary hearing about a decade ago, it cost me time (and did not work on new files, and the resultant lost fees) and legal fees.
Fortunately, the father of one of my friends is a retired justice from the Court of Appeal of Ontario. After he retired, he told me that whenever I need any help, he will do it for me pro bono. He was the co-author of Bankruptcy and Insolvency Law in Canada.
In Dec 2011, I received his Christmas card, hand written wishes and signature, although he had been very weak and frail.
He passed away in Aug 2012.

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
My idle speculation is that the probable "mountain" is an individual that both you and I may know?

Hahahahaaaaa................... Ok, NBG got along well with KBH and Ng Seng Liang. The latter was his boss when NBG was a young Staff Officer in Manpower Department. NSL was Dir CID and Dir CNB previously. Now, a Consultant in the Home Team Academy to reward him for his 'loyalty' while in service. Nantah grad. People at HTA also wondering why the need for a consultant!

Charlie99

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Dear Bro Charlie99,

You have done your part and your conscience will NEVER hurt you.

The money that you lost will come back in other ways.

At least you did your part as a human being.

I am proud of you. So will be many others.

Keep it up.

It is true, God helped me when I needed help.
The Honourable Lloyd Houlden, QC.
A few years ago, another justice (who heard a few of my high profile bankruptcy cases - a bankrupt insolvency lawyer, a bankrupt trustee in bankruptcy, a bankrupt urologist), a few days before he retired from the bench (Commercial List), phoned me, and said "C, this is JF calling"
I am not yet mid-50's, but almost retired, and worked on only a few files the past several years.