• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Coronavirus concerns way overblown

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Don't panic! Everything is under control! :biggrin:

73dLzCN.gif

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Hey sam. Let's have a bet shall we? For fun lah.

I think the markets would have recovered by the end of 2020 ie Dec 31 2020 to what it was before the sell off started Jan 2020.

It depends if war breaks out before the end of the year. The chess pieces are in position, waiting for certain conditions.

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod
Close the stock market.

That's another thing they can do.

Who are the dumb fucks selling their stocks losing money?

Oh wait. Shorting.

After the dust settles it will be same people in trouble who are in more trouble. Not the people who were doing well.

Asterix

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
So, if the market goes bonkers and shoots up for no reason, there’s no need to close it. If it goes against one’s long position, then kpkb to have the market shut. Isn’t one supposed to only play with the money that one can lose? So why close the market for such an insignificant sum? My personal view is that if the money one plays with is too small a proportion of one’s net worth, then what’s the point?

A more rational way of dealing with it would be to admit that one has been wrong and cut losses short and save the powder for another day.

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod
So, if the market goes bonkers and shoots up for no reason, there’s no need to close it. If it goes against one’s long position, then kpkb to have the market shut. Isn’t one supposed to only play with the money that one can lose? So why close the market for such an insignificant sum? My personal view is that if the money one plays with is too small a proportion of one’s net worth, then what’s the point?

A more rational way of dealing with it would be to admit that one has been wrong and cut losses short and save the powder for another day.

I am fine with them keeping it open actually. I have $235,000 in cash. My stock holdings is now worth $29k down 10%.

If it drops more better for me.

It is just that it is an unwelcome distraction. We all know that this will recover at some stage. But having all this bad news and scaring people doesn't help the efforts in controlling the spread of covid19.

At this time people still thinking of making money?

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod
Doctor, doctor, you should be asking this question of yourself!

I am busy at work serving patients and getting paid. No time to look at stock market and make crystal ball predictions.

Stock market can always make some money one lah. But there is risk of course. In a V recovery if you buy on the upswing V also can make money.

Go work and get paid is SURE MONEY! And helping with the outbreak situation too.

whoami

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Was Coronavirus Predicted in a 1981 Dean Koontz Novel?

1584500882756.png

When readers first came across a biological weapon named “Wuhan-400” in Dean Koontz’s novel “The Eyes of Darkness,” we doubt anyone had the notion that the famous thriller author was “predicting” a real-world outbreak of COVID-19, coronavirus disease. But in February 2020, after such an outbreak had occurred, eagle-eyed Koontz fans shared this passage as if the famous thriller author was a prognosticator.

1584500948825.png

Asterix

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I am busy at work serving patients and getting paid. No time to look at stock market and make crystal ball predictions.

Stock market can always make some money one lah. But there is risk of course. In a V recovery if you buy on the upswing V also can make money.

Go work and get paid is SURE MONEY! And helping with the outbreak situation too.

Trading is also work what! Plus it is work that I enjoy. More like playing video game and getting paid to do it.

While there is no guarantee that every individual trade will be profitable, there are ways and means (largely related to personal discipline) to ensure that one will be more or less consistently profitable. Something in the order of a few thousand dollars per daily session.

More importantly, I do not have to swear some kind of hypocritical oath (while making money from prescribing marijuana) and can work from home at my own time and pace. Today, I captured less than one third of the move down in the Hang Them Index. AUD1,400 in half hour or so on just 2 contracts and then I can have the rest of the day for leisure. Would have made more if taken the long side, but no need to work too hard. As profits from the short side become less and less, and boy have they been good when the market goes down a few hundred points in half an hour in the past few days, it is time to consider changing one’s bias. 50 to 100 points moves up or down are the norm in the Hang Them index, especially in the morning session before 11 am. After that, it is pure leisure.

Trading can work from home. Doctors even if can work from home also won’t do it. Which idiot would want his patients to bring germs into his own home and hospitals are a cesspool of germs.

Oops ... BMO dropped to 61.

Last edited:

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod
Trading is also work what! Plus it is work that I enjoy. More like playing video game.

While there is no guarantee that every individual trade will be profitable, there are ways and means (largely related to personal discipline) to ensure that one will be more or less consistently profitable.

More importantly, I do not have to swear some kind of hypocritical oath and can work from home at my own time and pace. Today, I captured less than one third of the move down in the Hang Them Index. AUD1,400 in half hour or so on just 2 contracts and then I can have the rest of the day for leisure. Would have made more if taken the long side, but no need to work too hard. As profits from the short side become less and less, and boy have they been good when the market goes down a few hundred points in half an hour in the past few days, it is time to consider changing one’s bias. 50 to 100 points moves up or down are the norm in the Hang Them index, especially in the morning session before 11 am. After that, it is pure leisure.

Trading can work from home. Doctors even if can work from home also won’t do it. Which idiot would want his patients to bring germs into his own home and hospitals are a cesspool of germs.

Oops ... BMO dropped to 61.
Telemedicine lah

Call on telephone. No germs can be spread if I work at home.

Yes BMO dropped. I bought at 79. 100 shares. But I havent sold. Will be getting dividend April. Will recover one lah. Loss is $18 per share ie $1800. Small change lah. As I said position sizing determines how much you make or lose.

As a trader some days you will lose money some days you will make money. Sounds like $1400 is a pretty good day for you? How much of a position do you put in? You are no doubt good at what you do so good for you.

I usually earn more than $1000 in a typical day. Some good days $2000 monster day $3000. Of course I work longer than half an hour a day lah. Not as good as you just play video game half hour. Lucky you .

I envy you. I wish I could just play video games half an hour and earn thousands too. But I would probably want to earn more leh. Can play 1 hour then earn $3000 instead? So shiok!

Sigh too bad i studied medicine and not finance or practice trading techniques etc.

Dont understand why people so scared of stock market drop. Lots of people making big money!

Last edited:

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
Elon Musk keeps Tesla open in midst of US lockdown, says 'coronavirus panic is dumb'
Dana Hull, Ed Ludlow and Josh Eidelson09:53, Mar 18 2020

Tesla CEO Elon Musk's trial postponed due to coronavirus
Elon Musk's expected defense of a $2.2 billion deal in court was postponed on Friday from its expected Monday start, due to the coronavirus outbreak.

Tesla's Elon Musk suggested the electric-car maker's San Francisco Bay Area operations will remain open to those who want to report for work and told employees he will keep going in despite the spread of the coronavirus.

"I'd like to be super clear that if you feel the slightest bit ill or even uncomfortable, please do not feel obligated to come to work," the chief executive officer wrote to staff in an email seen by Bloomberg News.

"I will personally be at work, but that's just me."

The email doesn't specifically address whether Tesla will keep open its lone US auto plant in Fremont, California, where the company just added the Model Y crossover to assembly lines already producing the Model 3, S and X. A spokesman for Alameda County told the Los Angeles Times that the factory has been deemed an essential business and is allowed to remain in operation despite Bay Area orders for people to stay home to limit the spread of Covid-19.

'My frank opinion remains that the harm from the coronavirus panic far exceeds that of the virus itself,' Elon Musk told Tesla employees.

SUSAN WALSH/AP
'My frank opinion remains that the harm from the coronavirus panic far exceeds that of the virus itself,' Elon Musk told Tesla employees.

Tesla representatives didn't immediately respond to requests for comment. Musk's email did not say if workers who want to stay home will be paid.

The rapid spread of the coronavirus in the Bay Area prompted several counties to implement a lockdown this week, calling for people to shelter in place and shuttering businesses unless they're essential. Tesla is one of the largest employers in Alameda County, which reported 18 confirmed cases of Covid-19 as of Monday. The county's public health department referred inquiries about Tesla to the company.

Musk told his millions of Twitter followers on March 6 that "the coronavirus panic is dumb." The electric car-maker has said little publicly about how it's handling the virus, in contrast with other automakers and Silicon Valley's leading technology companies.

But Tesla has some experience to rely on: its Chinese factory near Shanghai was temporarily shuttered earlier this year and is now back online.

"My frank opinion remains that the harm from the coronavirus panic far exceeds that of the virus itself," Musk wrote in the email on Monday.

"If there is a massive redirection of medical resources out of proportion to the danger, it will result in less available care to those with critical medical needs, which does not serve the greater good."

That said, danger of panic still far exceeds danger of corona imo. If we over-allocate medical resources to corona, it will come at expense of treating other illnesses.

Tesla shares plunged 19 per cent on Monday, its biggest decline since January 2012, to pare this year's gain to 6.4 per cent.Tesla has not said how many cars it expects to produce and deliver in the first quarter. In January, the company said deliveries should "comfortably" exceed 500,000 units for the year. That number is now in question, with analysts at RBC Capital Markets saying on Monday they expect the company to hand over 364,600 cars to customers, down slightly from its 2019 total.The Washington Post

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
Elon Musk same sentiments as boss sam!

Wah I didnt realize Tesla stock drop to 430!

I'd take advantage of the drop if I were you. Chances of his cars dominating the automotive scene in the near future are high. Be careful of the hype surrounding electric cars though. I'll always remember netscape.

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod
I'd take advantage of the drop if I were you. Chances of his cars dominating the automotive scene in the near future are high. Be careful of the hype surrounding electric cars though. I'll always remember netscape.

Yeah I will consider. Do think there is going to be more of a drop in the coming weeks.

Charlie99 sent me some discussion some bankers had about liquidity and obligations?

Hope I can scoop Tesla at $200.

Asterix

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Telemedicine lah

Call on telephone. No germs can be spread if I work at home.

Yes BMO dropped. I bought at 79. 100 shares. But I havent sold. Will be getting dividend April. Will recover one lah. Loss is $18 per share ie $1800. Small change lah. As I said position sizing determines how much you make or lose.

As a trader some days you will lose money some days you will make money. Sounds like $1400 is a pretty good day for you? How much of a position do you put in? You are no doubt good at what you do so good for you.

I usually earn more than $1000 in a typical day. Some good days $2000 monster day $3000. Of course I work longer than half an hour a day lah. Not as good as you just play video game half hour. Lucky you .

I envy you. I wish I could just play video games half an hour and earn thousands too. But I would probably want to earn more leh. Can play 1 hour then earn $3000 instead? So shiok!

Sigh too bad i studied medicine and not finance or practice trading techniques etc.

Dont understand why people so scared of stock market drop. Lots of people making big money!

Yes, telemedicine, but still must go through housemanship and years of on the job training in hospitals before that. And I'm sure not all ailments can be treated by telemedicine and wouldn't you feel guilty if a patient died or became more ill if you didn't see him/her personally to get a better diagnosis?

AUD1,400 is good or bad depends on how much capital I risked to earn it and how much time I had to look at the screen. Margin should be HKD112,000 per contract. Two contracts, works out to be about AUD45,000. I usually have a lot more in my futures account so I don't have to be so exact and have never received a margin call in my life. Works out to be about 3% return on capital actually employed - for half an hour of holding period. The actual work is more than half an hour. Market prep is required before the trading bell rings and is part of the required daily discipline. The other is patience - wait for the market to go to a confluence of resistance, exhibit signs of weakness, then you pull the trigger. Cannot be trigger happy and must definitely cut loss if proven to be wrong for your time horizon (minutes in my case). My maximum position size is usually 6 contracts, usually because sometimes I lose discipline or don't want to try more than 2 because I have some other plans for the rest of the day - like today, and then "coincidently" the market went down ....... by a lot more in the afternoon. This usually happens during trendy periods. But trendy or not, 50 to 100 points per day is not much of a problem for the Hang Them index, so tomorrow can try my luck (and patience) again.

DAX futures behaves similarly to Hang Them and the Germans wake up in the Asian afternoon. Morning sessions are usually more volatile, whereas afternoon sessions may often go into the doldrums. All these people having sleepless nights and then wake up in the morning first thing they do is liquidate their positions, thus the assured volatility. A reliable internet connection and standby telephone lines (in case the broker's computer system cock up) is a MUST.

No need to study finance lah. Practice and mastery of your own psychology when faced with changing conditions is more important. Ng Teng Fong never went to uni.