• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Contradick report on retail sales

saratogas

Alfrescian
Loyal
CNA Article:
Retailers say no significant drop in sales this year-end season
By Zhang Tingjun, 20 December 2008 2220 hrs

SINGAPORE: Singaporeans appear to be heeding the call to shop this festive season despite the recession. Retailers in both Orchard Road and the suburban areas said they have not seen a significant drop in sales.

Christmas lights and candy canes line Orchard Road and malls are going all out to lure the crowds.

Said one man in the street: "I still maintain the same budget unless I get any bad news for my job. But so far, it is still okay for me."(one man answer)

A CapitaLand spokesperson said some of the group's malls like Raffles City and Tampines Mall have even seen an increase in shopper traffic(Window Shopping).

Another large retailer is also optimistic. (Who?)

Edward Tan, director, Operations Metro, said: "I expect things to be quite normal. I don't foresee anything bad until after Chinese New Year." (He will be out of job soon)

The growth of sales in the suburbs is not surprising as some shoppers said they have adjusted their budgets and are shopping more in the heartlands.

Said another man in the street: "I used to shop at the Orchard Road area, but now I go to Chinatown as I find it cheaper here."

However, some heartland shopkeepers at Toa Payoh Central reported a drop in sales.

But most also acknowledged that while customers may be more particular about what they buy, the economic downturn has not had a significant impact on their sales so far.

With extended shopping hours and discounts attracting shoppers, not only in Orchard Road but in suburban areas, retailers appear to be winning the battle against the economic downturn, at least for now. - CNA

Please provide statics before such irresponsible reporting.:oIo:

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
traitor.jpg

What statistics do u want? The length of my old bird? *hee*hee*