• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Condolence letter from pm

TeeKee

Alfrescian
Loyal
CONDOLENCE LETTER FROM PRIME MINISTER LEE HSIEN LOONG ON
DEMISE OF JB JEYARETNAM
30 September 2008

Mr Kenneth Jeyaretnam
Mr Philip Jeyaretnam

Dear Kenneth and Philip Jeyaretnam

I was sad to learn that your father, Mr Joshua Benjamin Jeyaretnam, has passed away. Mr JB Jeyaretnam was a Member of Parliament for Anson constituency from 1981 till 1986, and a Non-Constituency Member of Parliament from 1997 till 2001. He used to engage in heated debates in the House. Perhaps it was because he and the PAP never saw eye to eye on any major political issue and he sought by all means to demolish the PAP and our system of government. Unfortunately, this helped neither to build up a constructive opposition nor our Parliamentary tradition. Nevertheless, one had to respect Mr JB Jeyaretnam’s dogged tenacity to be active in politics at his age.

However, our differences were not personal. In 1993, one of you (Kenneth) wrote to Mr Goh Chok Tong, who was then Prime Minister, to say that you found employers in Singapore reluctant to offer you a job, and your only explanation was that the employers felt the authorities would not welcome your employment because of your name. Mr Goh replied with a letter which could be shown to prospective employers, to say that the government did not hold anything against you, and that employers should evaluate you fairly on your own merits, like any other candidate, because Singapore needed every talented person that it could find. Mr Goh had previously made the same point to your brother Philip, whom he had invited to lunch. I am therefore happy that both of you have established yourselves in Singapore.

Please accept my deepest condolences.

Yours sincerely

Lee Hsien Loong

madmansg

Alfrescian
Loyal
this prove that JBJ is a false warrior. He pretend to fight for workers rights but all the while colloborate with PAP to make NS slaves of all male citizens.

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
!cbd-faq-croctears.jpg

Subok

Alfrescian
Loyal
What kind of CONDOLENCE letter is this? Might as well don't write better!

The man is already dead! why pour more dishonor into his name? Why can't it be just "we share the pain in the demise of your beloved father etc etc.. " and that will do.

sleepyman

Alfrescian
Loyal
JBJ challenged the PAP on grounds of democracy, but it is the PAP who sought to demolish him. Now ppl die liao turn around and say JBJ trying to demolish PAP?? WTF!

as expected, totally low class and deceitful.. :mad:

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR class=msghead><TD class=msgbfr1 width="1%"> </TD><TD><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 border=0><TBODY><TR class=msghead><TD class=msgF noWrap align=right width="1%">From: </TD><TD class=msgFname noWrap width="68%">johnboy_sg <NOBR></NOBR> </TD><TD class=msgDate noWrap align=right width="30%">7:52 am </TD></TR><TR class=msghead><TD class=msgT noWrap align=right width="1%" height=20>To: </TD><TD class=msgTname noWrap width="68%">pylae <NOBR></NOBR>unread</TD><TD class=msgNum noWrap align=right> (2 of 4) </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR><TR><TD class=msgleft width="1%" rowSpan=4> </TD><TD class=wintiny noWrap align=right>6392.2 in reply to 6392.1 </TD></TR><TR><TD height=8></TD></TR><TR><TD class=msgtxt>[FONT=Comic Sans MS,Sans-Serif]If this is really a condolence letter written by LHL, he must be the most insensitive dog in this world.. if he wrote this letter. Imagine using a dead man's memory to score political points. I find it had to believe LHL could have written such a letter.. even a retard would have better sense[/FONT]</TD></TR><TR><TD> </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR class=msghead><TD><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 border=0><TBODY><TR class=msghead><TD class=msgF noWrap align=right width="1%">From: </TD><TD class=msgFname noWrap width="68%">samstom <NOBR></NOBR></TD><TD class=msgDate noWrap align=right width="30%">8:11 am </TD></TR><TR class=msghead><TD class=msgT noWrap align=right width="1%" height=20>To: </TD><TD class=msgTname noWrap width="68%">johnboy_sg <NOBR></NOBR>unread</TD><TD class=msgNum noWrap align=right>(4 of 4) </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR><TR><TD class=msgleft width="1%" rowSpan=4></TD><TD class=wintiny noWrap align=right>6392.4 in reply to 6392.2 </TD></TR><TR><TD height=8></TD></TR><TR><TD class=msgtxt>BRO
It's right here. i checked it out on CNA too cos i do not believe he would write something like that and here it is
http://www.channelnewsasia.com/annex/condolence_letter.pdf

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

The_Latest_H

Alfrescian
Loyal
While his letter should not be viewed disrespectfully, that doesn't mean that an iron fist cannot be hidden under a velvet glove.

In the end, though, LHL will pay the price on behalf of his father. His comeuppance will come- especially since he didn't do much to earn the PM spot.

myfoot123

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
What a distasteful CONDOLENCE LETTER. More like sarcasm or trying to dilute his family guilt. I wonder if he can sleep well. By the way, I believe his dog wrote those letter for him out of formality. If he didn't act "apologetic", Singaporean will curse the familee.

Patriot

Alfrescian
Loyal
CONDOLENCE LETTER FROM PRIME MINISTER LEE HSIEN LOONG ON
DEMISE OF JB JEYARETNAM
30 September 2008

Mr Kenneth Jeyaretnam
Mr Philip Jeyaretnam

Dear Kenneth and Philip Jeyaretnam

I was sad to learn that your father, Mr Joshua Benjamin Jeyaretnam, has passed away. Mr JB Jeyaretnam was a Member of Parliament for Anson constituency from 1981 till 1986, and a Non-Constituency Member of Parliament from 1997 till 2001. He used to engage in heated debates in the House. Perhaps it was because he and the PAP never saw eye to eye on any major political issue and he sought by all means to demolish the PAP and our system of government. Unfortunately, this helped neither to build up a constructive opposition nor our Parliamentary tradition. Nevertheless, one had to respect Mr JB Jeyaretnam’s dogged tenacity to be active in politics at his age.

However, our differences were not personal. In 1993, one of you (Kenneth) wrote to Mr Goh Chok Tong, who was then Prime Minister, to say that you found employers in Singapore reluctant to offer you a job, and your only explanation was that the employers felt the authorities would not welcome your employment because of your name. Mr Goh replied with a letter which could be shown to prospective employers, to say that the government did not hold anything against you, and that employers should evaluate you fairly on your own merits, like any other candidate, because Singapore needed every talented person that it could find. Mr Goh had previously made the same point to your brother Philip, whom he had invited to lunch. I am therefore happy that both of you have established yourselves in Singapore.

Please accept my deepest condolences.

Yours sincerely

Lee Hsien Loong

An insensitive so-called condolence letter, defending himself & praising Goh Chok Tong for writing a letter to Kenneth Jeyaretnam. :mad:

I wonder what kind of a condolence letter is that? :confused:

mscitw

Alfrescian
Loyal
Privy Council overturning regime's political motivated law suits.

"Their Lordships have to record their deep disquiet that by a series of misjudgements, the appellant and his co-accused Wong, have suffered a grievous injustice. They have been fined, imprisoned and publicly disgraced for offences of which they are not guilty. The appellant, in addition, has been deprived of his seat in Parliament and disqualified for a year from practising his profession. Their Lordships order restores him to the roll of advocates and solicitors of the Supreme Court of Singapore, but, because of the course taken by the criminal proceedings, their Lordships have no power to right the other wrongs which the appellant and Wong have suffered. Their only prospect of redress, their Lordships understand, will be by way of petition for pardon to the President of the Republic of Singapore."

guavatree

Alfrescian
Loyal
It looks like a "warning letter" to JBJ's son...

soon PAP dog leetahbar the diabetic ugly fat slob chao ah kwa with kidney

disease will make his presence felt in the defense of his PAP masters.

when he's done sucking several of the bangalas' cocks he'll make his

way in here.

LOL

GoldenBellShield

Alfrescian
Loyal
Dedicated to one of Singapore's greatest heros, MR. JBJ.

满江红

怒发冲冠,凭栏处,潇潇雨歇。
抬望眼,仰天长啸,壮怀激烈。
三十功名尘与土,八千里路云和月。
莫等闲,白了少年头,空悲切。
靖康耻,犹未雪,臣子恨,何时灭?

驾长车,踏破贺兰山缺。
壮志饥餐胡虏肉,笑谈渴饮匈奴血。

待从头,收拾旧山河,朝天阙。