• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Comparing Lee Hsien Loong's Govt with Goh Chok Tong's Govt...

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
50 years have passed and Singapore now belongs to the Lee family. They DO have a purpose and it is to hang on to power for dear life and enrich themselves and their cronies in the process.

There's always hope for a freak election result. Even dictators out stay their welcome.

Although the old man may not be voted out, as a party the PAP is out of touch with reality. Anyway the old man is running out of time. When he ups the lorry what do you think will happen to his unpopular son. :rolleyes:

Watchman

Alfrescian
Loyal
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/nP_fas_XueU&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/nP_fas_XueU&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

kojakbt

Alfrescian
Loyal
50 years have passed and Singapore now belongs to the Lee family. They DO have a purpose and it is to hang on to power for dear life and enrich themselves and their cronies in the process.

People like yourself serve no purpose whatsoever in their grand scheme. LKY and Co couldn't care less if you stay or leave as long as you dance to their tune.

However, you do have an obligation to yourself and your family and that is to get the best deal out of life for the sake of your children and your grandchildren. I therefore encourage you to take advantage of opportunities that are presented to you instead of harbouring grandiose ideals about what being a citizen of a country means.

Unlike you, I'm not the sort who escapes from problems. If Lee is the problem, then we deal with him and remove him. Singapore is not LKY.

When I leave this world, I can at least be satisfied about doing something about it....

elephanto

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
That's a Quality Video Production - by Martyn See ?

Since 2006, New Media has come a LONG way !

Majulah Singapura !

kojakbt

Alfrescian
Loyal
image.php

"Advise" vs "Advice"

And stop putting up the red passport as your sign off below. You are a disgrace to even carrying it.

kojakbt

Alfrescian
Loyal
Although the old man may not be voted out, as a party the PAP is out of touch with reality. Anyway the old man is running out of time. When he ups the lorry what do you think will happen to his unpopular son. :rolleyes:

Good point :smile:

This is a true story. A father died and the coffin was in a lorry. As part of the tradition, the family members will follow behind the lorry walking for a short distance to accompany it. Then suddenly, the lorry met an accident at the front and the coffin slipped. The coffin fell back onto the family members walking behind and crushed the son. So on that day, the son died too.... this is a real story.... scary eh?

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
Unlike you, I'm not the sort who escapes from problems. If Lee is the problem, then we deal with him and remove him. Singapore is not LKY.

When I leave this world, I can at least be satisfied about doing something about it....

It's not about escaping from problems. It's about taking advantage of the vast opportunities that are all around you.

You live in a house.. the house is crap... it leaks, it's termite infested, it's in a lousy neighborhood and the whole area stinks. You can try and clean up the mess and fix the house but there's a beautiful place across town which beckons and it's within your budget. Why put up with your lot when you can move easily move out of the slum you're in to a much better area.

Getting rid of LKY isn't going to make Sinkiepoor any better. It will still lie bang in the middle of a Muslim sea and even if the new govt throws out ALL foreigners the day after it takes over, you'll still have to live in a pigeon hole on a 99 year lease.

Singapore isn't crap because of LKY. It's crap because it was never designed to be a sovereign state and because 3 million chinks surrounded by 300 million muslims will never be safe over the long term.

hockbeng

Alfrescian
Loyal
It's not about escaping from problems. It's about taking advantage of the vast opportunities that are all around you.

You live in a house.. the house is crap... it leaks, it's termite infested, it's in a lousy neighborhood and the whole area stinks. You can try and clean up the mess and fix the house but there's a beautiful place across town which beckons and it's within your budget. Why put up with your lot when you can move easily move out of the slum you're in to a much better area.

Getting rid of LKY isn't going to make Sinkiepoor any better. It will still lie bang in the middle of a Muslim sea and even if the new govt throws out ALL foreigners the day after it takes over, you'll still have to live in a pigeon hole on a 99 year lease.

Singapore isn't crap because of LKY. It's crap because it was never designed to be a sovereign state and because 3 million chinks surrounded by 300 million muslims will never be safe over the long term.

Agree that Spore is over-priced. Therein lies the concept of price vs value.

Just because something is expensive doesn't make it valueble (Our HDB flats, Condo and multi-million dollar bungalows). The trick is to cash out of this 40 plus year old Spore ppty bubble before its too late; and the bubble will burst when LKY dies cos LHL will lose power and the PAP will fragment.

The whole artificially inflated housing prices will crumble down.

But Spore will not sink. It will start over when all the excesses and liquidity and people who over-leveraged themselves gets wiped out. Then we will start anew.

The question all in the timing: when to cash out. The last one holding the baby is the sucker.

elephanto

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

A very cold, unsentimental & succinct view - but very true !

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

LKY is an oppurtunist who's milked Spore for his own gain. He's driven costs here to unsustainable levels & alienated our neighbours.

Spore might have survived comfortably without LKY. Now its debatable if Spore can survive :rolleyes:

IR123

Alfrescian
Loyal

Very good points.

A weak PAP with strong oppositions will lead to a total inability to contain the issues mentioned.

A strong PAP with weak oppositions created other problems, lots of problems.

An equal PAP with equal oppositions will lead us nowhere.

So going to a different house in a different country - is an excellent alternative, if you can.

Watchman

Alfrescian
Loyal

This Sam Leong is definitely not the same at the old forum .

Watchman

Alfrescian
Loyal
LKY is an oppurtunist who's milked Spore for his own gain. He's driven costs here to unsustainable levels & alienated our neighbours.

Spore might have survived comfortably without LKY. Now its debatable if Spore can survive :rolleyes:

We are doing very well now !

We either have to tax the rich more, kick the sleeping overpaid fatcats or bury the poor !

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
So, why are you even bothered to hang around in a Singapore forum to talk about matters pertaining to Singapore then?

why do you want to get rid of lee from singapore, so that you can gain power from PAP, what will you gain? pigeon hole? little red dot, no bigger than most countries beaches. gain wealth and power? so that you can be corrupted by power and gradually be as greedy as PAP?

PAP did not start as greed. power corrupt them.

Can tell you what sinkies want. they want PAP to change, but they dun want them to be topple by dreamers.

kojakbt

Alfrescian
Loyal
why do you want to get rid of lee from singapore, so that you can gain power from PAP, what will you gain? pigeon hole? little red dot, no bigger than most countries beaches. gain wealth and power? so that you can be corrupted by power and gradually be as greedy as PAP?

For me, I just want to see more plurality in our parliament. With real competitions in parliament, the elected Govt will truly work for the benefits of the people. That's all. For me to gain power from PAP? Hey, I'm just a voter. I'm not an opposition politician.

PAP did not start as greed. power corrupt them.

I agreed. The old PAP was fighting for the people in those 50s/60s days. In those days, you have the old guards, a team of people fighting for an ideal. People like Goh Keng Swee, Rajaratnam, Hon Sui Sen, Lim Kim san, Toh Chin Chye and of course the Lau Cheebye himself etc...

They complement each other and check on each other, esp Goh Keng Swee and Lau Cheebye. Somewhere in the 80s, Lau Cheebye engineered a process to get rid of the other old guards. Many couldn't work with him and decided to leave the party for the sake of the unity of the party.

And soon by 90s, Lau Cheebye is essentially alone. No one dares to rebut him since all the other members of the cabinet are junior than him or his proteges... mistakes begin to be made.... today, the problems that we have like asset inflation, high rental, FT problems etc are all man-made, all mistakes by PAP and from what I heard, Lau Cheebye has a hand in every of these disastrous decision...

chuckyworld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Both are NATO, 1 need to hold daddy hands and hen pecked by the wife, the other is suffering from Arthritis alway feeeling it in my bone Swiss standard of living so far nothing plus his own daghter is a quitter.

So both can be consider KEYSTONE COPS

iamtalkinglah

Alfrescian
Loyal
Who are considered quitters?
To me, they are....

1) People who seek Citizen status in another country;
2) Because they know that that country offers more than their home country i.e. taking advantage of the vast opportunities that are all around you;
3) That there are some problems in their home country which they failed to help look for a solution for. I.e. one of the reasons why they migrated is because they know there is a problem with the home country;
"4) And that they keep 'returning' - e.g. to forums, to boast about their achievements in the new country or to bash people in their home country on how bad their country is.

Because in reality, they know that they have not stayed on to fight so, they keep bashing others which in fact they are bashing themselves for being a quitter. (take it out on others)

chuckyworld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I respect the old guards, not the present bunch of money grabbers and the so call elites, bunch of sloths they are.