• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Comparing Lee Hsien Loong's Govt with Goh Chok Tong's Govt...

kojakbt

Alfrescian
Loyal
Will flat prices keep going higher after LHL's gahment? Gahment now tries to cool off the property market wouldn't they piss off many sellers too?

Like it or not, a bubble is already being created. Can you imagine paying for a HDB flat for $1M (I think it was advertised in Marine Parade) which only has 50-60 years left?

We are currently creating our own sub-prime... when an asset has inflated more than what its fundamental can sustain, it can only break...

Besides, even if you sell off your current HDB to downgrade (ie, reduction in standard of living), the smaller size HDB units are equally expensive. Don't think you that you are going to get cash rich out of it. The only way to get cash rich is to do like what Sam Leong is suggesting - cash out and emigrate. Unfortunately, not all Singaporeans can emigrate, for one reason or another...

kojakbt

Alfrescian
Loyal
The aim is to orchestrate a steady rise in prices without risking a property bubble. It's a balancing act but the PAP has the will and the ability to make things work. That's why I admire the party so much.

No property bubble???

HAHAHAHAHHAHA!

Just read that another more than 30 year old unit in Telok Blangah is also asking for $1M....

kojakbt

Alfrescian
Loyal
Huh? What a weird perspective you have of the whole issue.:rolleyes:

From what I have read in this forum, the demand (those willing to pay high prices) is coming from recent arrivals while the supply (those selling their homes for an excellent profit) is coming from home grown sinkies.

How you can construe that native sinkies are being ripped off certainly beats me.:eek: If anything, the new arrivals are the ones paying a kings ransom for some space in sky.

Let me ask you this. After selling, where would the sinkie go? Still have to buy another equally expensive unit to stay, right? Is he really making an excellent profit?

And what about those new Singaporeans, say your own sons and daughters, who are about to get married? Wait for few years for the BTO flats? Besides, with this PAP market subsidy policy, if resale units are expensive, the new HDBs will be expensive too!

It's nothing more than asset inflation in the making... and as said, a bubble is truly building up this time....looking at the graph, even a 3 year old can tell how steep the increase has been in the last few years!

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
Running a country is different from running a company. Under LHL, we essentially have asset inflation by a whopping 50%....

That erroneous belief is obviously the cause of all your grief. With the advent of the free trade system, countries have no choice but to be run as companies in order for living standards to be raised.

A country can't be run with love, fresh air and a sense community. If it was, it would end up like some hippie commune of the 60s.

If you think asset "inflation" is bad, try having a dose of asset "deflation". The net result would see Singapore end up full of derelict slums like those scattered about the Midwest and the South of the USA.

Stage 5

Alfrescian
Loyal
Its depends when you are a buyer or a seller. Both will CowPehCowBoh at the losing end.

Unless the person migrates to other countries, I don't really see it makes much of a difference whether your the buyer or the seller, both will 'CowPeh' sooner or later. If you own one HDB unit as most people do. Ultimately the seller becomes the buyer once he/she sold their HDB unit, then it's his turn to bend over. :biggrin:

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
Let me ask you this. After selling, where would the sinkie go? Still have to buy another equally expensive unit to stay, right? Is he really making an excellent profit?

You obviously have not been following what I am saying. I said that sinkies should CASH OUT. If you don't understand what that means, it involves taking profit and moving on to better things in better countries.

Those who bought Apple Inc shares at $9.95 and sold them at $190 don't buy the same stock back tomorrow at $195.00 They put the money they made into something else. The same applies to sinkies with the opportunity to make a killing thanks to some foreigners who value your home more than you do. I can't think of a better way to screw those FT than buy selling them your homes at sky high prices. The opportunity is a godsend!

I see Iraqis, Bosnians, Ethiopians etc arriving in NZ on a daily basis with absolutely NOTHING but the will to make things work.

On the other hand, Sinkies have the opportunity to emigrate with the sort of money that third world emigrants can't even imagine in their wildest dreams and all they do is moan and complain about how unfairly life is treating them.

I now fully understand why LKY thinks you guys are scum. I have never come across a more spoilt bunch of nitwits in all my life.:rolleyes:

RonRon

Alfrescian
Loyal
You obviously have not been following what I am saying. I said that sinkies should CASH OUT. If you don't understand what that means, it involves taking profit and moving on to better things in better countries.

Those who bought Apple Inc shares at $9.95 and sold them at $190 don't buy the same stock back tomorrow at $195.00 They put the money they made into something else. The same applies to sinkies with the opportunity to make a killing thanks to some foreigners who value your home more than you do. I can't think of a better way to screw those FT than buy selling them your homes at sky high prices. The opportunity is a godsend!

I see Iraqis, Bosnians, Ethiopians etc arriving in NZ on a daily basis with absolutely NOTHING but the will to make things work.

On the other hand, Sinkies have the opportunity to emigrate with the sort of money that third world emigrants can't even imagine in their wildest dreams and all they do is moan and complain about how unfairly life is treating them.

I now fully understand why LKY thinks you guys are scum. I have never come across a more spoilt bunch of nitwits in all my life.:rolleyes:
Having a hard time to explain to someone who know nuts abt economy:biggrin:

dunbluffme

Alfrescian
Loyal
Can substitute the word INDEX on the graph with the word DULAN or ERP?

[COLOR=_______]Comparing Lee Hsien Loong's Govt with Goh Chok Tong's Govt.... which one do you think is worse?[/COLOR]

2hi125i.jpg

jw5

Loyal
They are poles apart in terms of character and personality. Both Governments however are no different. It was just easier to swallow the bitters pills under Goh. LHL is rarely involves himself with Singaporean. One gets the impression that he runs a private limited company. Never bothers to appear when a crisis or a difficult situation occurs. Prefers to hedge his bets by appearing when the answers are obvious. More reticent than expected despite schooled in statecraft by old man.

There little or no connection with people. The father is all over the place grabbing the spotlight.
So what happens after the father dies?

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
LHL has increased the VALUE of property by a whopping 50%. Any CEO who can do that has to be congratulated and suitably rewarded.

He's done for Singapore what Steve Jobs has done for Apple Inc. Stakeholders love helmsmen with this sort of ability.

Don't forget that the LHL package comes with Ho Ching. The billions lost is still a secret but its in the billions :rolleyes:

soIsee

Alfrescian
Loyal
Don't forget that the LHL package comes with Ho Ching. The billions lost is still a secret but its in the billions :rolleyes:

Why do you care or worry what Ho Ching had lost or will lose?

You are the same as the rest of the pathetic Sinkies, which Sam was referring too.

What you should do is to savour the right moment and cash out for your own good when the opportunities come along.

You should not let who is the governing body trouble you. You strike when the moment is the best for yourself.

Unless, which my guess is not wrong, you are the same as the rest of the pathetic Sinkies, who that keep complaining about why issue don't work in your favour all the time.

In this case, you're wasting both, my time as well as your own , to try to wise you up for your own good. :biggrin:

kojakbt

Alfrescian
Loyal
With the advent of the free trade system, countries have no choice but to be run as companies in order for living standards to be raised.

A country can't be run with love, fresh air and a sense community. If it was, it would end up like some hippie commune of the 60s.

A company is profit oriented. A country is not. If running country also utilizes 100% capitalistic method, next time when your house is on fire and you call the fire service, the fire service will negotiate with you on the fees first before they decide to come to your rescue or not...

kojakbt

Alfrescian
Loyal

I've already said, not all Singaporeans could emigrate. Some can't because of various commitments in Singapore for example, the need to take care of parents etc. And I mean, why should we move out? The people who should move out are the PAP!

Here, go read about this: http://www.temasekreview.com/2010/0...ontinues-to-import-unskilled-foreign-workers/

Australia cracks down on skilled migrants even as Singapore continues to import unskilled foreign workers

Even the Aussies are fedup with FTs already...

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
People who migrate are risk takers and don't give excuses. I have seen families migrate all the time. They too have commitments. Everyone has commitments.

The ones who migrate tend to plan ahead, do their sums and make the move. They too have parents.

I've already said, not all Singaporeans could emigrate. Some can't because of various commitments in Singapore for example, the need to take care of parents etc. And I mean, why should we move out? The people who should move out are the PAP!

Here, go read about this: http://www.temasekreview.com/2010/0...ontinues-to-import-unskilled-foreign-workers/

Australia cracks down on skilled migrants even as Singapore continues to import unskilled foreign workers

Even the Aussies are fedup with FTs already...

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Why do you care or worry what Ho Ching had lost or will lose?

You are the same as the rest of the pathetic Sinkies, which Sam was referring too.

What you should do is to savour the right moment and cash out for your own good when the opportunities come along.

Can of course forget about it & let the PAP continue their business as usual policies BUT...

Why should anyone forget the PAP misdeeds :confused: Even if you run away/escape & adopt a new country, a Sporean will always remember those who messed up the place that was our home.

Financially I'm ok & don't need to cash out but Spore is becoming too unhealthy & I'm making my own plans to leave :rolleyes:

kojakbt

Alfrescian
Loyal
People who migrate are risk takers and don't give excuses. I have seen families migrate all the time. They too have commitments. Everyone has commitments.

The ones who migrate tend to plan ahead, do their sums and make the move. They too have parents.

So are we saying the purpose of Singapore is to nurture its citizens for emigration? Doesn't make sense to form Singapore, right?

cass888

Alfrescian
Loyal
That is definitely ONE way of looking at it : asset appreciation instead of asset inflation.

My take is relatively simple & undisputed :

Under LHL, the PMO costs much more while productivity has gone backwards.

No prizes for noting the reason why :cool:

Easy test to compare between appreciation and inflation. Don't look at the SGD values of the property. Look at the value in USD. Still a whopping 55%.

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
So are we saying the purpose of Singapore is to nurture its citizens for emigration? Doesn't make sense to form Singapore, right?

Singapore was not created for a "purpose". Singapore is an accidental country that emerged from the the political turmoil of the sixties.

50 years have passed and Singapore now belongs to the Lee family. They DO have a purpose and it is to hang on to power for dear life and enrich themselves and their cronies in the process.

People like yourself serve no purpose whatsoever in their grand scheme. LKY and Co couldn't care less if you stay or leave as long as you dance to their tune.

However, you do have an obligation to yourself and your family and that is to get the best deal out of life for the sake of your children and your grandchildren. I therefore encourage you to take advantage of opportunities that are presented to you instead of harbouring grandiose ideals about what being a citizen of a country means.

Strip away all the hogwash and you'll find that Singapore is nothing but a small lump of clay in a vast world. Go up a tall building and you can see the whole sorry Island from coast to coast. I've seen parking lots at Walmart that are bigger!

The idea that more than 3 million people are stuck there for good with no options anywhere else in the world is absolutely ridiculous.:rolleyes:

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
wise words from the money collector indeed.
I know you mean well to try to educate these so call opposition, but some of them will never learn, they think they are some sort of mandela , gandi, or MARTIN LUTHER KING, JR etc.
Wise people sacrifice their life for a real country, south africa, india and USA a real country.
singapore ??? only moron wasted their life for a little red dot.

Singapore was not created for a "purpose". Singapore is an accidental country that emerged from the political turmoil of the sixties.

50 years have passed and Singapore now belongs to the Lee family. They DO have a purpose and it is to hang on to power for dear life and enrich themselves and their cronies in the process.

People like yourself serve no purpose whatsoever in their grand scheme. LKY and Co couldn't care less if you stay or leave as long as you dance to their tune.

However, you do have an obligation to yourself and your family and that is to get the best deal out of life for the sake of your children and your grandchildren. I therefore encourage you to take advantage of the opportunities that are presented to you instead of harbouring grandiose ideals about what being a citizen of a country means.

Strip away all the hogwash and you'll find that Singapore is nothing but a small lump of clay in a vast world. Go up a tall building and you can see the whole sorry Island from coast to coast. I've seen parking lots at Walmart that are bigger!

The idea that more than 3 million people are stuck there for good with no options anywhere else in the world is absolutely ridiculous.:rolleyes: