• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Come laugh at this idiot who paid $ for 1965 movie

GramStroker

Alfrescian
Loyal
:biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

1965 MOVIE REVIEW: EVERY S'POREAN SHOULD DEMAND THEIR MONEY BACK

1965-film-singapore-movie-review-bad-moneyback.jpg

Dear Editors,

I watched the movie 1965 with an open mind. I regret to inform you that this film motion picture is definitely below sub-par.

I am neither a fan of Lee Kuan Yew or Qi Yuwu or Joanne Peh or Nicole Seah. I understand that Mr John Lui from SPH also rated your film 1.5 stars out of 5 stars. At most, I can give it a 2 star out of 5 stars.

Below are some pointers which is transferable to other screenplays

1) It is always a good starting point to have 2 very contrasting protagonist and antagonist. The wider the contrast, the more memorable it is. In your motion picture, I hardly can see who is the antagonist and it makes the experience to be rather bland.
Nicole Seah's talent is wasted and there is no transformation emotional arc in her character. The arc I am telling is when a character undergoes turmoil, obstacles and then self-doubts before overcoming all difficulties.

2) It is also good to have characters with shades of grey and ethical dilemmas. For Qi Yuwu, he always play the good cop and good husband and for me, he always inspire justice but that to me, just isn't enough. Many good guys experience self-doubts and times of despair and conflicts with their peers and this is what makes a movie interesting.

3) Last but not least, a biopic being made into a movie can either succeed or fail.
Many bio/ historical films fail because they need to portray their political figures the 'correct' way or else they can be faulted by historians. But they forget that the 'correct' way can also mean that it's boring.

For example, Michelle Yeoh's recent movie The Lady which depicts the life of Myanmar leader Aung Saan Suu Kyi is a faithful movie which follows closely to her life and biography. But it failed miserably because movie producers forget that her biography can be boring to many audience.

For 1965, to follow Lee Kuan Yew's life faithfully, maybe due to pressure from MDA's censorship, it becomes a flat one dimensional storyline that befits just a documentary only.

This movie was made using taxpayers money from MDA grants.
I presume that this movie will stink so much, our cinemas will pull the plug off after National Day because it is a box office bomb.

If that is true, should we, the taxpayers demand our money back after Elections? This movie is so bad that if we were to screen it overseas, it will insult other people's intelligence.

CJ
A.S.S. Contributor

- More at AllSingaporeStuff.com http://www.allsingaporestuff.com/ar...-every-sporean-should-demand-their-money-back
FB: http://fb.com/allsgstuff

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I'm surprised the propagandists in the PAP govt hadn't thought of making a LKY animation movie to be screened in theatres everywhere. Whether it is 3D like Pixar or hand-drawn like Studio Ghibli it doesn't matter.

However, a cartoon is better than casting someone who looks more like a hawker or TCM shopkeeper as LKY. :biggrin:

Sideswipe

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
they should make a movie about LKY from 1942-1945. it will be much more intriguing. I might even download and watch it.

yellowarse

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I'm surprised the propagandists in the PAP govt hadn't thought of making a LKY animation movie to be screened in theatres everywhere. Whether it is 3D like Pixar or hand-drawn like Studio Ghibli it doesn't matter.

However, a cartoon is better than casting someone who looks more like a hawker or TCM shopkeeper as LKY. :biggrin:

Soon. They've already published a children's picture book on Harry, available at Kinokuniya.

HARRY-1-rp-HRCVF-300_1024x1024.jpg

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
they should make a movie about LKY from 1942-1945. it will be much more intriguing. I might even download and watch it.

I would make my kids watch it and take notes. That's how a great man survives the hard times and goes on to be king. Only idiots rush for martyrdom.

Sideswipe

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I would make my kids watch it and take notes. That's how a great man survives the hard times and goes on to be king. Only idiots rush for martyrdom.

you would be a slave to your Japanese masters in your motherland today if everyone thought and acted like LKY then.

why LKY interpreted or distorted history to be Singapore was kicked out from Malaysia when it was really a mutual parting of ways. his legacy would be considered much greater if he fought for Singapore's independence, not expulsion from the Federation then. according to our official history, he was the Founding Father forced by circumstances, not by choices. it diminished his legacy to various degrees.