• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Cock Song finally admiited that he joined the PE because he was asked to do it by Tharman and not about serving the people.

ODACHEK

Alfrescian
Loyal
Wah....so will cock song receive S$8.5K per month from CPIB or from Tharman's own pocket?

Hypocrite-The

Alfrescian
Loyal
Ng Kok Song confident in mounting a good challenge against Tharman - Singapore News

Photo: Facebook screengrab / ngkoksongofficial
Follow us on Instagram and Telegram
August 2, 2023
“Mr Tharman is a very good friend of mine. We worked together for many years. I respect him and I’m running for president because he wants it!” he said

SINGAPORE — Former GIC chief investment officer Ng Kok Song has clarified a previous report by a mainstream media outlet, which he believes may be misinterpreted by some regarding his decision to run in the upcoming Singapore presidential election.

On Jul 26, The Straits Times published an interview with Ng, in which they asked the 75-year-old why he decided to enter the presidential race against former Senior Minister Tharman Shanmugaratnam. Ng explained that Tharman is a well-known figure in Singapore, unlike himself, who has never been involved in politics, choosing instead to dedicate his professional career at GIC.

It is the following reply that caught the eyes of the public. It needed Ng to untangle what he meant when he said, “Mr Tharman is a very good friend of mine. We worked together for many years. I respect him and I’m running for president because he wants it!”

During a media doorstop last weekend at Geylang Serai Market and Food Centre, Ng took the opportunity to clear the air. Ng mentioned that Tharman welcomed a contest when he announced his intention to stand for the presidential election.

“So that when he is elected, he’s elected with a good mandate from the people. So I have come forward, so that there will be an election. So that Singaporeans have a chance to choose the president,” said Ng.

“I’ve come forward so that there’s a good contest if I’m certified eligible. So that’s what I mean when I say I’m saying standing for election, because Tharman wishes to have an election.”

The former GIC chief investment officer also explained that breaking away from one’s past would be challenging. Although Tharman has resigned from the People’s Action Party, he will still be remembered for his service as a Jurong GRC Member of Parliament and his various roles in the Cabinet.

“Independence of mind, that’s a sophisticated point. I think we are who we are. Our present is related to our past. We cannot easily separate our present from our past. My father used to advise me. When drinking water, do not forget the source. In other words, we should not forget our past. We should not forget our origin,” shared Ng, who dedicated 45 years of his life to public service.

Ng embarked on his career in public service at the Ministry of Finance in 1970 before moving to the Monetary Authority of Singapore the following year. He then joined Singapore’s sovereign wealth fund GIC in 1986 and was appointed as its first chief investment officer in 2007, a position he held until his retirement in 2013. Following his retirement, he co-founded Avanda Investment Management with two of his former colleagues from GIC in 2015, where he currently serves as the executive chairman.

Send in your scoops to [email protected]

searcher1

Alfrescian
Loyal
Now they dont even bother to lie, tell you bluntly ... Kok Song is here to dilute votes, ensure his friend to be President

Confuseous

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The longer the campaign takes, the more lies will be exposed.
Only when asked why he got no posters etc, he said he was environmentally
friendly. Would have been more credible if he said so from the very start.

Then he bitched about the high costs. Did he not do costings spreadsheet first,
and then decide to take part? Or has he been hung out to dry?

congo9

Alfrescian
Loyal
The longer the campaign takes, the more lies will be exposed.
Only when asked why he got no posters etc, he said he was environmentally
friendly. Would have been more credible if he said so from the very start.

Then he bitched about the high costs. Did he not do costings spreadsheet first,
and then decide to take part? Or has he been hung out to dry?
High costs ??
Knn he's a chief of GIC before.
He can't afford ?

A Singaporean

Alfrescian
Loyal
High costs ??
Knn he's a chief of GIC before.
He can't afford ?
When you are asked by PAP to wayang in order to make Sinkies feel that they have a choice in PE, you are not going to spend alot of your personal money knowing that you will lose.

congo9

Alfrescian
Loyal
When you are asked by PAP to wayang in order to make Sinkies feel that they have a choice in PE, you are not going to spend alot of your personal money knowing that you will lose.
Ya , what the fuck right.
When you give so much money to someone, and you groom him.
You needed him to do some "NS" for your party. He unwittingly does it. He KPKB about high cost and environmental friendly kind of shit ...........

That is the end result.