• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

CNY reopens painful old wounds

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset
donch the see much lion, dragon or unicorn dance.
also not sure , izzit last time got stilt-walkers?
_

stilt walkers were still around till late 80s in Chinatown area if I recall correctly, not just for CNY, tua jit ji or the temple shin duah will organise these activities as well, alongside the getai dua hee... be it cantonese or teochew opera, the days before television pentration rate hit the roof.

NanoSpeed

Alfrescian
Loyal
ANA All Nippon Airways to Tokyo $698. Capsule at Shinkjuku $65 excluding taxes.

1547997573026.png

NanoSpeed

Alfrescian
Loyal
they almost followed the soixante neuf marketing magic number of 69 to the t.
The problem with staying in a capsule is when you need to pack and unpack your luggage. There is no space for you to do that, and you have to do it without privacy. But Japan is the inventor of capsule hotels, so if Japan can't do it well nobody can.

1548002723107.png

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The problem with staying in a capsule is when you need to pack and unpack your luggage. There is no space for you to do that, and you have to do it without privacy. But Japan is the inventor of capsule hotels, so if Japan can't do it well nobody can.

View attachment 52164
must stow luggage in luggage storage at airport. capsule hotels are designed for travellers with backpacks or light baggage. when i travel i always carry a backpack and have a day change of clothes and underwear in it (just in case luggage gets lost or delayed in transit). most important items are passport, wallet, and phone which are all carry on.

NanoSpeed

Alfrescian
Loyal
must stow luggage in luggage storage at airport. capsule hotels are designed for travellers with backpacks or light baggage. when i travel i always carry a backpack and have a day change of clothes and underwear in it (just in case luggage gets lost or delayed in transit). most important items are passport, wallet, and phone which are all carry on.
@musashi should try this capsule hotel since he is a Japanese devotee.