• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Serious CNA Reporter Anyhow Say That Antidote To Islamic Terrorism Is To Look At MUIS Religious Content!

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
shanmugam-cna.jpg

SINGAPORE: Dealing with radical content online is always a challenge which will involve a "fight for the hearts and minds", Minister for Home Affairs and Law K Shanmugam said on Friday (Feb 9).

He was speaking to Channel NewsAsia several hours after the Ministry of Home Affairs (MHA) said that a self-radicalised Malaysian man working in Singapore was arrested under the Internal Security Act (ISA) and repatriated to Malaysia.

Muhammad Nur Hanief Abdul Jalil, 33, was working as a driver with a Singapore airfreight company. He had access to the restricted Changi Airfreight Centre, which provides services to Changi Airport. While there was no indication that he had tried to radicalise others or plan any attacks in Singapore, MHA said his radicalisation made him a security threat.

Mr Shanmugam said: “Every case of radicalisation is serious; we are equally concerned when a kindergarten assistant is radicalised with access to very young children. Parents are very concerned. We take this very seriously, we have been aware of these risks in different sectors for some time. We have taken, will continue to take steps that are doable, that are within our power to take.”

Last year, Syaikhah Izzah Zahrah Al Ansari, a 22-year-old contract infant-care assistant with the PAP Community Foundation (PCF) Sparkletots pre-school programme, was detained for radicalism under the Internal Security Act (ISA).

When asked about the availability of online content that espouses radicalisation, Mr Shanmugam said such content is “always a challenge” and that we have to be “realistic about the extent to which we can deal with it”.

Mr Shanmugam said that “the real antidote” is to get our young people to "go to our mosques and also look at the content the Islamic Religious Council of Singapore (MUIS) and our Muslim leaders put out".

On the issue of accessing radical content online, Mr Shanmugam added that it was a “fight for the hearts and minds”, saying that “we have to go in and fight and point out what is wrong with some of these teachings - and what is necessary for us to survive as a multi-racial, multi-religious country with racial, social harmony.”

Editor’s Note: In an earlier version of the story, we misquoted Mr Shanmugam as saying the authorities need to look at the content put out by MUIS and other Muslim leaders, and point out what is wrong when necessary. This has since been corrected.

Mr Shanmugam had in fact said it is the teachings in mosques, as well as content put out by local Muslim leaders and MUIS, that is the real antidote to the spread of radical content online. And he added that we have to point out – and fight - what is wrong about the teachings found in radical content online.

We are sorry for the error.

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/new...s-and-minds-k-shanmugam-on-addressing-9945742

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
Define "radicalisation".

1. Arising from or going to a root or source; basic: proposed a radical solution to the problem.
2. Departing markedly from the usual or customary; extreme or drastic: a radical change indiet.
3. Relating to or advocating fundamental or revolutionary changes in current practices,conditions, or institutions: radical politics; a radical political theorist.
4. Medicine Relating to or being surgery that is extreme or drastic in an effort to eradicate allexisting or potential disease: radical hysterectomy.
5. Linguistics Of or being a root: a radical form.
6. Botany
a. Of, relating to, or arising from a root: radical hairs.
b. Arising from the base of a stem or from a below-ground stem or rhizome: radicalleaves.
7. Slang Excellent; wonderful.

Unless radicals are advocating violence why should they be locked up?

Truth_Hurts

Alfrescian
Loyal
Define "radicalisation".

1. Arising from or going to a root or source; basic: proposed a radical solution to the problem.
2. Departing markedly from the usual or customary; extreme or drastic: a radical change indiet.
3. Relating to or advocating fundamental or revolutionary changes in current practices,conditions, or institutions: radical politics; a radical political theorist.
4. Medicine Relating to or being surgery that is extreme or drastic in an effort to eradicate allexisting or potential disease: radical hysterectomy.
5. Linguistics Of or being a root: a radical form.
6. Botany
a. Of, relating to, or arising from a root: radical hairs.
b. Arising from the base of a stem or from a below-ground stem or rhizome: radicalleaves.
7. Slang Excellent; wonderful.

Unless radicals are advocating violence why should they be locked up?
It Islam itself is violent and does not advocate peace or religious tolerance. As such if that is the Islamic norm than how can it be radicalise ?

whoami

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
It Islam itself is violent and does not advocate peace or religious tolerance. As such if that is the Islamic norm than how can it be radicalise ?

Islam is a peaceful religion. We were told many times to fight in act of defence only.

greedy and cunning

Alfrescian
Loyal
Islam and Judaism are religion of law
hence they obey what is stated in their "holi" book to the letter
this led to the prosecution of non believers.

on the other hand christian is religion of faith.
believers become extremely and aggressively defensive of the religion,
and develop a total submissive nature towards the clergyman

this is the reason kong hee fatt choy can afford to live in opulence

Truth_Hurts

Alfrescian
Loyal
Islam and Judaism are religion of law
hence they obey what is stated in their "holi" book to the letter
this led to the prosecution of non believers.

on the other hand christian is religion of faith.
believers become extremely and aggressively defensive of the religion,
and develop a total submissive nature towards the clergyman

this is the reason kong hee fatt choy can afford to live in opulence
Kong hee n gang are not Christians. They are a cult.

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Ehh....mind to quote verses fm Quran which Allah swt commanded tat non believers be prosecuted?

You are like a lying salesman who tells us to ignore the shitty product in front of us and to focus only on the glossy sales brochures.

Every single Islamic scholar of repute agree that non-muslims are to be persecuted institutionally and treated as second class citizen. There isn't any muslim majority country in the world today that doesn't openly discriminate against non-muslims.

greedy and cunning

Alfrescian
Loyal
Quran (2:216) - "Fighting is prescribed for you, and ye dislike it.
But it is possible that ye dislike a thing which is good for you,
and that ye love a thing which is bad for you. But Allah knoweth, and ye know not."

Quran (8:12) - "I will cast terror into the hearts of those who disbelieve.
Therefore strike off their heads and strike off every fingertip of them."

Quran (4:101) - "And when you (Muslims) travel in the land, there is no sin on you
if you shorten your Salat (prayer) if you fear that the disbelievers may attack you, verily,

the disbelievers are ever unto you open enemies."

Quran (9:14) - "Fight against them so that Allah will punish them by your hands and disgrace them
and give you victory over them and heal the breasts of a believing people."

Quran (48:29) - "Muhammad is the messenger of Allah. And those with him are hard (ruthless)
against the disbelievers and merciful among themselves"

Sahih Muslim (1:30) - "The Messenger of Allah said: I have been commanded to fight against people
so long as they do not declare that there is no god but Allah."

Sahih Muslim (1:33) - the Messenger of Allah said: I have been commanded to fight against people
till they testify that there is no god but Allah, that Muhammad is the messenger of Allah

Sahih Muslim (20:4696) - "the Messenger of Allah (may peace be upon him) said:
'One who died but did not fight in the way of Allah nor did he express any desire (or determination)
for Jihad died the death of a hypocrite.'"

Ibn Ishaq/Hisham 992: - "Fight everyone in the way of Allah and kill those who disbelieve in Allah."
Muhammad's instructions to his men prior to a military raid.

Here are a number of quotes from the Talmud, the “holiest” book of Judaism and the Jews.

Elijah and Moses blamed God for causing the Israelites to sin. God admitted that they were right. (BT Berakoth 31b-32a).
The Old Testament’s new moon goat sacrifice is to atone for the sin of God. (BT Shebuoth 9a).
Adam had sexual relations with all the animals in the Garden of Eden. (BT Yebamoth 63a).
If one hits his father or mother without causing a wound, he is not guilty and should not be killed (BT Sanhedrin 85b).
A man is not guilty of murder if he causes a poisonous snake to kill a man: the snake should be executed for murder,
while the man goes free (BT Sanhendrin 76b, 78a).
King Saul was punished by God because he did not take vengeance on his enemies;
no one can be true scholar unless he takes vengeance (BT Yoma 22b).
Hating your enemy is permitted, even commanded (BT Pesahim 113b).
Living in the land of Israel gives one eternal life (BT Pesahim 113a).
If a gentile hits a Jew, the gentile must be killed (BT Sanhedrin 58b).
The deeds of Israel are righteous, but the gentiles are capable only of sin. (BT Baba Bathra 10b).
God is displeased when Jews show hospitality to gentiles. (BT Sanhendrin 104a).

greedy and cunning

Alfrescian
Loyal
Zohar, Vayshlah 177b
That the Jewish nation is the only nation selected by God,
while all the remaining ones are contemptible and hateful.
That all property of other nations belongs to the Jewish nation, which consequently
is entitled to seize upon it without any scruples. An orthodox Jew is not bound to
observe principles of morality towards people of other tribes.
He may act contrary to morality, if profitable to himself or to Jews in general.

Schulchan Aruch, Choszen Hamiszpat, 348
R. Hanina said: If a heathen smites a Jew, he is worthy of death; for it is written,
And he looked this way and that way, and when he saw that there was no man,
he slew the Egyptian. [Ex. 2:12]
R. Hanina also said: He who smites an Israelite on the jaw, is as though he had
thus assaulted the Divine Presence; for it is written, one who smiteth man [i.e. an Israelite]
attacketh the Holy One.
Sanhedrin 58b
[In other words, if a non-Jew kills a Jew, the non-Jew can be killed. Punching an Israelite is
akin to assaulting God. (But killing a non-Jew is NOT like assaulting God.]
If a goy killed a goy or a Jew he is responsible, but if a Jew killed a goy he is not responsible.
Choshen Ha'mishpat 425:50
Everyone who sheds the blood of the impious [non-Jews] is as acceptable to God as he who
offers a sacrifice to God.

Yalkut 245c
Extermination of the Christians is a necessary sacrifice.

whoami

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Greedy n cunning. Y r u quoting those those Quranic verses out of context?

JT. I m not a salesman. I dont preach my religion here. N i have told u upteem times Quran is perfect. But sm faithful not perfect. U cant blame the scripture

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

JT. I m not a salesman. I dont preach my religion here. N i have told u upteem times Quran is perfect. But sm faithful not perfect. U cant blame the scripture

If your religion is perfect, then it wouldn't be so easily corrupted and misused by your islamic scholars. All the islamic societies are shitholes. Many are shit poor with militant views widespread, those with oil dollars have very backward anti social ideas and spend more money to spread militant views. Hardly an example of a 'perfect religion'.

mojito

Alfrescian
Loyal
If your religion is perfect, then it wouldn't be so easily corrupted and misused by your islamic scholars. All the islamic societies are shitholes. Many are shit poor with militant views widespread, those with oil dollars have very backward anti social ideas and spend more money to spread militant views. Hardly an example of a 'perfect religion'.

Conversely that is equivalent to saying Ang moh is best because they Christians. And if sinkies all Christians we be as advanced. That is a simpleton’s view.

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Conversely that is equivalent to saying Ang moh is best because they Christians. And if sinkies all Christians we be as advanced. That is a simpleton’s view.

My views on this matter are succinct and accurate.

Your views on the other hand, leaves people confused with no clear purpose or conclusion. And it only makes the problem worse. The war in the Middle East is a good example. Full of complicated ideas, no solution in sight. So much for what you think is smart but is actually full of shit.

greedy and cunning

Alfrescian
Loyal

like that , then show me the full text and background to justify your claim.

mojito

Alfrescian
Loyal
My views on this matter are succinct and accurate.

Your views on the other hand, leaves people confused with no clear purpose or conclusion. And it only makes the problem worse. The war in the Middle East is a good example. Full of complicated ideas, no solution in sight. So much for what you think is smart but is actually full of shit.

On the contrary. Your views are short sighted and full of unnecessary generalizations.

While I made no assertions of my own, I was refuting your claims hence no counterclaims were required. Wasn’t planning to make any. :cool:

whoami

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Yup! The Quran is perfect. Teaches us to love and not to kill one another, animals and all His creation. Tell us to seek knowledge, help the poor, give charity etc etc. But of course not every Muslim is perfect. U are not perfect either.