• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Cleaners minimum wage $1000 per month!!!

lifeafter41

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
while this is a something like a min wage. What about keeping the other costs down? if things are like 20 cents a plate of rice, even 800 monthly pay will seem very much enough.

I think if you ask the businesses, what is their biggest bug bear, its the rental. Fucking high rental by landlords....and JTC is privatising for Mapletree, Capitaland...and they go REITS after...and rental goes higher and higher.

i believe, if rental is kept affordable, employers are willing to pay higher wages. 800 at today's standard of living is ridiculous.

With all the REITs ongoing, it will be a miracle, if rent does not increase.
As for rental being affordable, it depends if you (the consumer) is willing to pay for it.

Kopi O at Hawker, S$0.90
Kopi O at Toast Box, S$2.10 small, S$2.60 large

Hawker paying rental, Toast box also paying rental, but you are paying at least S$1.00 more to drink coffee at Toastbox because of higher rental. Of course in air con comfort.

Both prices affordable. Your choice.

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
Something that requires no skill whatsoever is hardly deserving of a 4 figure salary.

Cleaners are worth $200 per month at most.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Cleaners and Banglas earn more than NS conscripts.

'Showing appreciation for contributions to NS'... :rolleyes: :kma:

Not to worry, we can placate the grateful gongkias with some vouchers and free SAFRA membership. :wink:

firmerterra

Alfrescian
Loyal
Something that requires no skill whatsoever is hardly deserving of a 4 figure salary.

Cleaners are worth $200 per month at most.

In some countries, cleaners and garbage disposal personnel earns a 4 figure salary. I had seen a documentary that showed a England based garbage disposal guy being job switched to Indonesia to do the same thing, I think you still can see it in youtube. Back Home he is earning a good salary and have a landed property called home, with wife and two kids.

IMHO , singapore being a developed country should have better salary for this kind of job, at the same time we should also do our part in maintaining the cleanliness of our environment. Even clearing our own plates in the hawker centre seem too much for individuals.

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
In some countries, cleaners and garbage disposal personnel earns a 4 figure salary.

Those are the very same countries that run a budget deficit annually and are bankrupt.

There are only two methods whereby a financial system which spends more than it earns can be sustained :

1. Borrow money to cover the deficit.
2. Print money.

Either way, financial collapse is inevitable at some point.

saratogas

Alfrescian
Loyal
A domino effect will take place as the lower end gets a 20% wage increase... Things will start to increase in price too! People set up business is to make $$$ not being kind or charitable...

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
A domino effect will take place as the lower end gets a 20% wage increase... Things will start to increase in price too! People set up business is to make $$$ not being kind or charitable...

Imagine what would happen if cleaners in a company suddenly had their wages raised from $800 to $3000. The first reaction would be from the supervisors and administrators who were earning between $3k to 4k. They'd suddenly find themselves on the same pay scale as someone with a primary six education and I can guarantee you 100% they wouldn't take it lying down.

So supervisors earning 3k would now have to be paid $5000 but then that would put them on par with their managers who would also need to be paid an additional $2000 and the ripple effect would go all the way up the hierarchy.

Now we all know that businesses pass on increased overheads so guess who would end up paying for all this huge increase in the wage bill?... the consumer or customer of course.

wMulew

Alfrescian
Loyal
$1000 left $800 after cpf
transport $200
left $600 can do what?

Dumbfuck opposition supporting retard. Transport 200? U think Cleaner like to take Taxi? Max for an adult concession ticket is only $180 a month. U can only reach that figure if you travel 8-10 trips a day

chootchiew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Imagine what would happen if cleaners in a company suddenly had their wages raised from $800 to $3000. The first reaction would be from the supervisors and administrators who were earning between $3k to 4k. They'd suddenly find themselves on the same pay scale as someone with a primary six education and I can guarantee you 100% they wouldn't take it lying down.

So supervisors earning 3k would now have to be paid $5000 but then that would put them on par with their managers who would also need to be paid an additional $2000 and the ripple effect would go all the way up the hierarchy.

Now we all know that businesses pass on increased overheads so guess who would end up paying for all this huge increase in the wage bill?... the consumer or customer of course.

Soccer player gets more $ than their managers too.

I do not understand why cleaning supervisor should get more $ than the cleaner as they are not the person to do the cleaning.

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
Soccer player gets more $ than their managers too.

I do not understand why cleaning supervisor should get more $ than the cleaner as they are not the person to do the cleaning.

Soccer players and managers are on contracts. There is no wage scale. There can be a huge disparity between the pay of the left winger and the right winger.

If a successful economy can be structured with pay based upon the how uncomfortable work conditions are rather than according to demand and supply, I would be all for it. However, there are many failed nations which have shown that humans don't function that way.

Going against the grain of human nature never works in any scenario.

potter

Alfrescian
Loyal

So to huat e ministers again..:rolleyes::cool::eek:

Lionheart

Alfrescian
Loyal
Not a bad start. Hope that gov will increase the salary phase by phave every year increase $100 until it reach min $1500/month basic pay for full time cleaner.

good for singapore
it's also high time singaporeans do their own cleaning
clean the common corridors
clean the void deck
sweep the fields and plant nice plants and flowers
make this our singapore - less foreign workers
less outsiders....we will be a united singapore!

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
$1000 left $800 after cpf
transport $200
left $600 can do what?

I have mentioned before, way back then, I have tried a $800 job, less CPF, the nett amount after deduction is $640.00 , I do not smoke nor drink, my vice, ogling at woman...ha ha ha!!!.

$640, the rest calculated at 26 working days:

Transport with subsidy : $2.10 per day x 26 = $54.60
Meals, Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner
Bfast : $2.70
Lunch: $6.00
Dinner: $6.00
Total : 14.70 per day x 26 = $382.20

Mobile subscription : $60

$640-$54.60-$382.20-$60.00= $143.20
===================================

If you take at current min pay $1,000 after CPF = $800

Transport : $3.00 x 26 = $78
Meals per day ( Bfast , lunch & dinner) = $25 per day x 26 = $$650
Mobile Subscription : $60

$800-78-650-60 = $12
====================================

If you compare then & now, CPF deduction at 20% & somethings remaining constant, working days only, after deducting costs:

Then : $143.20
NOW : $12.00 By raising the min salary to $1,000, had anything improved?? all these provided that the worker, doesn't smoke, drink, 'donate' to SINgapore pools.

As usual....it sounds good..$1,000 min wage...:rolleyes: hard truth...who did you voted for?? their minimum wage is ??

Last edited:

Cestbon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
good for singapore
it's also high time singaporeans do their own cleaning
clean the common corridors
clean the void deck
sweep the fields and plant nice plants and flowers
make this our singapore - less foreign workers
less outsiders....we will be a united singapore!

For SG to clean up their own.
SG gov need to up maid levy same as unskill work permit until.
Levy for maid is too cheap. Cheap maid that is causing youngster today too pamper.
Why levy for maid is lower than FT construction worker????
MOM should justify this.