• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Cleaners minimum wage $1000 per month!!!

Lionheart

Alfrescian
Loyal
SINGAPORE: Companies in the cleaning and security sectors will soon be subject to new rules that require them to set basic salaries for workers.

The government is making the labour movement's progressive wage model compulsory in the two industries, starting with cleaning.

Details for the security sector are still being worked out.

From September this year, entry-level pay for cleaners will be set at S$1,000 monthly, 20 per cent higher than today's median basic wage for the sector.

For this to be effected, Environment and Water Resources Minister Vivian Balakrishnan will table a bill to introduce a mandatory licensing regime in Parliament under the Environmental Public Health Act.

The Labour Movement is also pushing for progressive wage to be mandated in the landscaping sector.

Arif Jumaat and his colleagues are cheering the government's move to set basic wages for cleaners via the progressive wage model.

The 40-year-old cleaning supervisor has already benefited from the model, which his company chose to implement earlier.

The model seeks to progressively raise low earners' salaries by increasing productivity through skills upgrading and training.

Mr Arif now earns around S$1,400 monthly.

He said: "Last time, my pay (was) just (over) S$800. I (did) not (have) enough money, but now (it is) okay."

Cleaning businesses will soon be required, through a license, to pay resident cleaners wages that are determined through tripartite discussions between the government, employers and the labour movement.

This is regardless of whether they contract with public or private service buyers.

It means cleaners' salaries will not fall below S$1,000 a month.

As cleaners move up the wage ladder, a skilled cleaner will get a basic wage of S$1,400 or more, while a supervisor in charge of cleaners can earn a basic pay of S$1,600 or more.

There are some 55,000 cleaners in Singapore's resident workforce today.....

garlic

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Company will tell the Bangla/ah neh: "Hey, you want to keep your job, you take the 1k and refund back 200 as (admin fee) or simi lan boarding/ electricity expense."

Bangla: "Ok, nothing change lah,dey?"

whoami

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
How come now they never say if have minimum wages, company may pack up and set up their business elsewhere?:rolleyes:

Yingge

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Company will tell the Bangla/ah neh: "Hey, you want to keep your job, you take the 1k and refund back 200 as (admin fee) or simi lan boarding/ electricity expense."

Bangla: "Ok, nothing change lah,dey?"

Wow... you really have a heart for the ah neh???:rolleyes:

I just hope this new rules can help local Singaporeans... If I am not wrong, security guard have to be local... Cannot be FW... Maybe someone can advise...

Yingge

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
How come now they never say if have minimum wages, company may pack up and set up their business elsewhere?:rolleyes:

As I said in one of my posting. Minimum wages will only help the FW example construction workers, maid and factory operators...

I think the government is doing this to help local Singaporeans so that they can woo more votes and at the same time show the peoples that they care... Since they already kana left, right and center from a lot of the locals...:biggrin:

ykhuser

Alfrescian
Loyal
Than how much we should pay them??? 3K, 5K or 10K per month???

Give minimum wages too low kana fuck... If too high also kana fuck...:biggrin:

low earner should be given free bus ride.
many poor sinkie rejected low pay job because they considered after transportation deduction, they actually work for nothing.

Poomer

Alfrescian
Loyal
Than how much we should pay them??? 3K, 5K or 10K per month???

Give minimum wages too low kana fuck... If too high also kana fuck...:biggrin:

3k is a decent wage in Singapore and that should be the average wage for low income workers.

To those who claim that everything will be more expensive, in many industries, rental is the highest cost in Singapore, not labour. Labour is never the only cost of running a business. Furthermore, even if things become 20% more expensive, our wages will rise too, as supply and demand balances it out.]

It is time we take a stand against cheap foreign labour, invited in by our government to undercut our wages in the name of globalisation. The EU protects their member nations and citizens, meanwhile the Singapore government protects the rich by bringing in more foreigners to slave for them at third world wages with first world amenities.

Let's face it, when you earn $1800 a month, you will be alot happier knowing that you are paying 800RMB for your 2 storey house in Chongqing, and another 1000RMB covers the expenses of your entire household of three generations. In Singapore, with a $1800 salary you probably need to apply for financial assistance to put your kids to school and will likely face bank default if you buy anything larger than a 99 year leasehold two bedroom public housing.

Yingge

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
low earner should be given free bus ride.
many poor sinkie rejected low pay job because they considered after transportation deduction, they actually work for nothing.

They can get free MRT rides if they are willing to wake up early on certain stations...

However I do agree with you, the government should provide more finance help to the low earner... especially local Singaporeans...:smile:

Yingge

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
3k is a decent wage in Singapore and that should be the average wage for low income workers.

To those who claim that everything will be more expensive, in many industries, rental is the highest cost in Singapore, not labour. Labour is never the only cost of running a business. Furthermore, even if things become 20% more expensive, our wages will rise too, as supply and demand balances it out.]

It is time we take a stand against cheap foreign labour, invited in by our government to undercut our wages in the name of globalisation. The EU protects their member nations and citizens, meanwhile the Singapore government protects the rich by bringing in more foreigners to slave for them at third world wages with first world amenities.

Let's face it, when you earn $1800 a month, you will be alot happier knowing that you are paying 800RMB for your 2 storey house in Chongqing, and another 1000RMB covers the expenses of your entire household of three generations. In Singapore, with a $1800 salary you probably need to apply for financial assistance to put your kids to school and will likely face bank default if you buy anything larger than a 99 year leasehold two bedroom public housing.

Just imagine I need to pay my maid 3K per month??? Than I have to be paid how much??? 30K per month??? How much is the COE?? If COE below 100K... I believe all the road will be pack with cars??? So the COE have to be 500K??? Than how much is the nasi lamak??? $50???

You just get those people to go Indonesia to work... They can earn a few million a month... but if I can remember correctly I have a seafood dinner with 3 friends which cost me Rp 900K a few years back...

If what you say is workable, than why the government do not want to do it??? They can collect tax from 100% Singaporeans... They will collect more tax... Than they can paid themselves 1 million per month... Nobody will be unhappy... If that is so easy... Every country will follow this way...

Do not think the businessman are stupid??? If everything are so expensive... They will moved to other places... Put yourself at the businessman shoes... Will you move to other country to find cheaper labor??? The company I work for have been moving from country to country to find a cheaper location...

Lastly... I am 100% sure that my boss will close down his factory in Singapore if the minimum wages is 3K... The company I work for have about 300 peoples in Singapore...

Last edited:

ykhuser

Alfrescian
Loyal
at the end of the day, it doesnt really matter how much is the min wage. is how much cash balance in their pocket after after the basic deduction.
no point min wage $3k...but transport expense a month is $1500

Yingge

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
at the end of the day, it doesnt really matter how much is the min wage. is how much cash balance in their pocket after after the basic deduction.
no point min wage $3k...but transport expense a month is $1500

Yes... I agree with you on this... The low earner workers are having hard time as the cost of living in Singapore are getting more and more expensive...

The FW work for 5 to 10 years in Singapore and can retired in their country... As for Singaporeans, we work for 5 to 10 years... and we need to work for another 10 to 20 years maybe we can retired... Or worst, we have to start to pay doctors monthly salary from there on...:mad:

Last edited:

Poomer

Alfrescian
Loyal
Just imagine I need to pay my maid 3K per month??? Than I have to be paid how much??? 30K per month??? How much is the COE?? If COE below 100K... I believe all the road will be pack with cars??? So the COE have to be 500K??? Than how much is the nasi lamak??? $50???

You just get those people to go Indonesia to work... They can earn a few million a month... but if I can remember correctly I have a seafood dinner with 3 friends which cost me Rp 900K a few years back...

If what you say is workable, than why the government do not want to do it??? They can collect tax from 100% Singaporeans... They will collect more tax... Than they can paid themselves 1 million per month... Nobody will be unhappy... If that is so easy... Every country will follow this way...

Do not think the businessman are stupid??? If everything are so expensive... They will moved to other places... Put yourself at the businessman shoes... Will you move to other country to find cheaper labor??? The company I work for have been moving from country to country to find a cheaper location...

Your maid Singaporean ah? If cleaners paid $3k when they used to be paid $1k, means everyone must triple in pay meh? People who used to earn $3k can earn $6k what. Even now, COE is gonna hit $100k la, so what's the big deal? As I explained earlier, manpower is not all the costs, it doesn't make sense for wages to triple, yet prices of food go up by 15x.

I don't get your indonesian analogy la, so? It's the same as why some people drive cars and why some people take train.

The reason why the government don't want do it is simple. Companies kpkb, government listen to them. Not listen to us.

Businessmen are not stupid, there is a reason why many industries have already moved out of Singapore. Look at Changi Business Park, half the Indians are gone already. Why? It is cheaper in India to operate in India than in Singapore. Singapore will never be comparable with third world countries, especially with our skyhigh rental. Look at the swiss or the scandinavian countries, do they pander to the every whim of the MNCs, including allowing them to double your population with cheap labour over ten years? As it is we will always be a third world country masquerading as a first world country. We do not have our own enterprises, we are dependent on foreign labour, dependent on foreign companies. Half of Singapore's economy is GLC. Can we stay competitive forever? As you said, businessmen will always find cheaper locations. Singapore will be more expensive with time. It is a bitter pill to swallow, but cutting down on reliance on foreign labour or companies is a must, if we want to stay relevant beyond the next fifty years.

escher

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Yes... I agree with you on this... The low earner workers are having hard time as the cost of living in Singapore are getting more and more expensive...

The FW work for 5 to 10 years in Singapore and can retired in their country... As for Singaporeans, we work for 5 to 10 years... and we need to work for another 10 to 20 years maybe we can retired... Or worst, we have to start to pay doctors monthly salary from there on...:mad:

I got enough money and will be retiring in other country.

But for sinkies, your only hope is to kick out everyone of those PAP maggots cockroaches and bring down your cost of living
Those PAP bastards are sucking your fucking lifeblood every hour every day every fucking month they stay on top screwing and raping all of you

DuYunQi

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
What a joke!! It wasn't too long ago when the pappies rebuffed Prof. Lim Chong Yah's suggestion to increase low-wage workers salary by 100%.

Now.. they are doing the EXACT thing that he suggested.. and who knows what credit they will give themselves, and sell to all.

red amoeba

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
while this is a something like a min wage. What about keeping the other costs down? if things are like 20 cents a plate of rice, even 800 monthly pay will seem very much enough.

I think if you ask the businesses, what is their biggest bug bear, its the rental. Fucking high rental by landlords....and JTC is privatising for Mapletree, Capitaland...and they go REITS after...and rental goes higher and higher.

i believe, if rental is kept affordable, employers are willing to pay higher wages. 800 at today's standard of living is ridiculous.