• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

City Harvest's Kong Hee alleged to have committed plagiarism

Queen Seok Duk

Alfrescian
Loyal
are you sure he really said that? do you have evidence him saying that?

I believe Sneering Tree is doing his part to maintain the quality of the debate.

What evidence are you referring to ? For Kong Hee to say: "Oh yes, I copied from so and so; I plagiarised etc.?"

If you're looking for evidence of plagiarism, go to Cheat Grace's website. He put up the web pages side by side. And mind you, the plagiarism fell way short of a tactful editing. They were 'word for word' plagiarism.

You want further evidence ? The fact that Kong Hee withdrew the sale of the books when the allegation of plagiarism was put to him could well be construed as an implied admission of guilt.

pray tell where did other pastors get their inspiration from? and every sermon do they dedicate to God or themselves?

Does that mean the students in Theological College can copy the dissertations of one and another ?

why would gentile like you be so interested over this non-issue?

do you have some other agendas which you prefer not to disclose? :biggrin:

I don't think his motivation is relevant when the debate is clearly about whether Kong Hee has plagiarised.

Queen Seok Duk

Alfrescian
Loyal
everything on earth doesn't belong to any single individual, they belong to God, our creator!!

Yes, you've finally hit the nail !

Everything in this world belongs to God. So why did God pass a Commandment saying :

Deuteronomy 5:21

"You shall not covet your neighbor's wife. You shall not set your desire on your neighbor's house or land, his manservant or maidservant, his ox or donkey, or anything that belongs to your neighbor."

Didn't God acknowledge that individuals have rights to property even though they all belong to God ?

SneeringTree

Alfrescian
Loyal
So you are saying Pastors sermons belonged to them and it's their sole proprietary? :biggrin:

Imbecile. EVEN if the knowledge is in the public domain, plagiarism is committed if you just take the information without due acknowledgment.

An analogy will be lifting chunks of wikipedia but passing it off as your own writing.

Queen Seok Duk

Alfrescian
Loyal
So you are saying Pastors sermons belonged to them and it's their sole proprietary? :biggrin:

We will come to that later. But first, you've to tell us your position after having read a series of rebuttals because I'm not sure if you're equipped to engage in the jurisprudence of Intellectual Property Rights.

In this thread, there are people who are tying knots, whilst others are untying knots. Needless to say, it's so much easier to tie knots than to untie knots. I have been warned by the Bible not to "cast my pearls before swine."

Last edited:

SneeringTree

Alfrescian
Loyal

By the way, adding a grinning face after your post makes you more of a fool, not less. I sometimes think you are anti-Christianity posing as a Christian. Your behaviour and level of intellect is such a disgrace to Christians in general.

endofchakri

Alfrescian
Loyal
We will come to that later. But first, you've to tell us your position after having read a series of rebuttals because I'm not sure if you're equipped to understand the jurisprudence of Intellectual Property Rights.

In this thread, there are people who are tying knots, whilst others are untying knots. Needless to say, it's so much easier to tie knots than to untie knots. I have been warned by the Bible not to "cast my pearls before swine."

I think you no need to waste time with TeeKee. This is no debate because after reading TeeKee it seems that nothing can get inside his skull. Don't even bother.

elephanto

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
My personal opinion is clear! I have no problems with them spreading the word of God to anyone! As long as they don't say it is their property when it is not!
But they DID say it's their property when it is nOT !

In Kong Hee's published devotionals selling for $14/$15 (the one that has more than 1 plagiarised source), the legal claim is still there: copyright invoked & no part of his book can be reproduced without his permission.

Gotcha, master baiter !:biggrin:

facial

Alfrescian
Loyal
This brings to mind a nursery rhyme I learned way back in kindergarten, "Copy cat, kiss the Rat, go back give your Mother Slap!"

:p:biggrin:

SneeringTree

Alfrescian
Loyal
Why must you call people names?

Did i call you names? What is your problem?

I cant express my opinions?

If you don't want people to call you names like imbecile or idiot, stop behaving like one. I have absolutely no problems with you or, indeed, anything in general. It seems that you are the one with alot of problems, not least the failure to think objectively, follow arguments and engage in constructive debate.

commoner

Alfrescian
Loyal
so can copy dvd, books and everything la?

siao?

a thief is a thief,,,, a con man is a con man with or without amen

Alamaking

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Anything done by a Christian, even murder, rape, Tee Kee will forgive, as long as they repent :p:p:p

elephanto

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
By the way, adding a grinning face after your post makes you more of a fool, not less. I sometimes think you are anti-Christianity posing as a Christian. Your behaviour and level of intellect is such a disgrace to Christians in general.

I think you may have hit the nail on its proverbial head!
I think he is an anti-Christian baiter, that's why he wryly used a nick like 'TeeKee' which is hokkien for 'ultra stubborn'.
Purposely play the recalcitrant shallow christian to invite flames & ridicule :p
I dare say he is pretty successful in his objective of being an irritant !

jw5

Loyal
I think you may have hit the nail on its proverbial head!
I think he is an anti-Christian baiter, that's why he wryly used a nick like 'TeeKee' which is hokkien for 'ultra stubborn'.
Purposely play the recalcitrant shallow christian to invite flames & ridicule :p
I dare say he is pretty successful in his objective of being an irritant !
On the contrary, I think he's a real christian.
Last Sunday, I asked him whether he listened to Kong or Prince that day.
He replied that he listened to an ang mo pastor that day but could not understand some of what she said. That sounded to me like a rather honest and sincere reply. It was rather polite of him to reply actually, if you consider that there are many here who have lots to say but refuse to reply to direct questions.
I think the problem is that while he's a real christian, that's not the only side of him. He's also undecided whether he's also a civil activist or social commentator.

SneeringTree

Alfrescian
Loyal
The problem with TeeKee is he gets completely irrational and unwilling to engage when it comes to Christianity. To me, this suggests his (subconscious) doubt and struggle with his own faith.

elephanto

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
On the contrary, I think he's a real christian.

yes, i recall tat conversation u 2 had...
i think u are right.

He has not totally lost his independent powers of rationalizing .... the inner conflict suggestion also very plausible. well, we all gotta travel our own spiritual journeys one way or other .... so long as he doesn't proselytize, forummers can still live with his arcane views on & off .... worst is those incessant 'spreading of good word' types out to save souls !

teekayhetch

Alfrescian
Loyal
When I was a small boy, my mother always told me cheaters never prosper. So how come this pastor is also a millionaire? Must be millionaire right because every time fly here, fly there, also church senior pastor but no salary? Some more got write other books, make DVDs, sermons, all that for people to buy. If so many people still buy, surely he is prosperous right?

SNAblog

Alfrescian
Loyal
When quoting from the bible, the book, chapter and verse are always cited. Christian in this forum should know better than trying to defend plagiarism.

SNAblog

Alfrescian
Loyal
The problem with TeeKee is he gets completely irrational and unwilling to engage when it comes to Christianity. To me, this suggests his (subconscious) doubt and struggle with his own faith.

No genuine christian will use his faith to flame bait here. Blasphemy is not to be taken lightly.