• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Church's Texas Fried Chicken is back!

Agoraphobic

Alfrescian
Loyal
WTF?

Why go to KFC, Churches, Pop Eyes and those Fried Crap when you can go to Geylang Fresh Chickens?

Cheers!

breakingfree

Alfrescian
Loyal
Imho, arnold fried chicken are over-rated. Maybe it is becos i tried the normal 2-3pcs meal instead of its signature spring chicken meal. It taste almost exactly like a ke ai chicken maybe the skin abit more crispy thats all. The plus pt of arnold fried chicken is that the chicken are fired only after u order it.
KFC in singapore sucks big times. There are only a few outlets in Singapore still managed to maintain the bare min standard. u guys can try the outlet in Taman jurong road, the originals still quite tasty.

Popeyes provides the best overall package however. The chicken not bad, the sides are great especially the mashed potatoes.

Haven tried the Texas chicken yet. But I have tried the Church's fried chicken in the States and it is sooooo juicy and well fried and seasoned. imagine hot stream of juice flowing out of the drumstick when u bite on them. KFC chicken can nvr managed that cos they are oven fried. Different techique. Any way i am quite surprise that Church's Texas chicken managed to open outlets in Singapore cos i believed Popeyes and Church's belongs to the same parent company.

Xisiqomelir

Alfrescian
Loyal
I feel bad for OP. Here in 'Murrca we have good Church's AND good Popeye's, both way ahead of KFC. Then there's the indie joints, where you have the real goodness.

silverfox@

Alfrescian
Loyal
Imho, arnold fried chicken are over-rated. Maybe it is becos i tried the normal 2-3pcs meal instead of its signature spring chicken meal. It taste almost exactly like a ke ai chicken maybe the skin abit more crispy thats all. The plus pt of arnold fried chicken is that the chicken are fired only after u order it.

You are eating the wrong item on menu. You should only Order their Signature Spring Chicken Meal.

Popeyes provides the best overall package however. The chicken not bad, the sides are great especially the mashed potatoes.
If you ever tried the ones at Tampines and Toa Payoh, you would think they are worst than KFC. The pastry skin is not crispy, its very thick.

Haven tried the Texas chicken yet. But I have tried the Church's fried chicken in the States and it is sooooo juicy and well fried and seasoned. imagine hot stream of juice flowing out of the drumstick when u bite on them. KFC chicken can nvr managed that cos they are oven fried. Different techique. Any way i am quite surprise that Church's Texas chicken managed to open outlets in Singapore cos i believed Popeyes and Church's belongs to the same parent company.

You can skip Texas. Not worth making your way down to chomp down chicken that taste slightly better than popeye

sleaguepunter

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
correct, eat at Arnold must only try the whole spring set. Taste much better than those indiviual pieces. the whole chicken set come with a roti, chips and a soft drink that serve in a tall glass, not a paper cup, which i prefer. As i stay at hougang, so i been to their branch at hougang green, seriously dont find it bigger that the City plaza main outlet. Taste about the same, in fact they even have chinese (local not prc) staff.
As for Texas, i find it much better that KFC period. But i wont purposely head down to Expo for it. More like on the way, happen to be in Expo for other reason that i will eat at Texas.
KFC, pui pui pui....