• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Chua Lik Ling TCJ wife

glockman

Old Fart
Asset
Can anyone explain?
Tan Chuan-Jin (married in 1999, separated in 2023)

Sheena is the eldest child of Tan Chuan-Jin and Lik Ling. She was born in 1998 and is currently 25 years old.
Either Sheena was one-year old when her parents got married, or a typo.

jubilee1919

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
It is an Anglican church, and its origins had a shameful past. You go there? :rolleyes:
I did attend the church a very long time ago. I remember Justice Lai Kiew Chai was one of the church's leaders and often hosts events in his home at Queen Astrid Park. I was deeply impressed with the church especially Rev. Soh Chai Ann and his team of leaders. I was baptised there myself but now a non-practising Christian as my faith and beliefs create doubts within me, but many in the congregation are devout Christians. Who am I a nobody when justices, doctors and highly intellectual people worship there, some even are ministers like Dhanabalan and now I heard TCJ and his family. Whatever the origins of this church does not matter as the most important thing is you and you alone answer to your God whichever religion you adhere to.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I think mocking should be the upper limit :cool:
Otherwise punishable by canning .
I only state the truth eg have a 酷瓜脸 so that she can accept the truth, know the reason and move on .
This is not mocking. Big difference :cool:
Contacting and harassing should be getting the heaviest sentence even a death sentence :cool:
caning. canning involves chopping someone up and squeezing meat into cans. that’s a gruesome punishment.

glockman

Old Fart
Asset
I did attend the church a very long time ago. I remember Justice Lai Kiew Chai was one of the church's leaders and often hosts events in his home at Queen Astrid Park. I was deeply impressed with the church especially Rev. Soh Chai Ann and his team of leaders. I was baptised there myself but now a non-practising Christian as my faith and beliefs create doubts within me, but many in the congregation are devout Christians. Who am I a nobody when justices, doctors and highly intellectual people worship there, some even are ministers like Dhanabalan and now I heard TCJ and his family. Whatever the origins of this church does not matter as the most important thing is you and you alone answer to your God whichever religion you adhere to.
It has always perplexed me, that supposedly highly intelligent folks buy into the myths contained in the Bible. It seems to me that when their faith is concerned, they abandon their critical thinking ability and powers of analysis which they would otherwise use to navigate most aspects of their lives. One of my buddies who's a doctor, and my ex-wife who's a lawyer are super devout Christians! Whereas for me, a lowly educated cardboard picker, I could see the farce the Bible is perpetuating. and have read how Bible Scholars explain how the Bible came to be.

millim6868

Alfrescian
Loyal
KNN, how some fuckers can be so insensitive and inhumane is beyond me. Why blame her and disturb her?

• She was one of the victims of cyberbullying and online harassment after her husband’s affair was exposed. She received various hateful and abusive messages from netizens who blamed her for her husband’s infidelity or mocked her for being betrayed.

Maybe some ppl knows her as she maybe not s nice person also, look at tcj character, same flock together, all same lan jiao lang,

jubilee1919

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
It has always perplexed me, that supposedly highly intelligent folks buy into the myths contained in the Bible. It seems to me that when their faith is concerned, they abandon their critical thinking ability and powers of analysis which they would otherwise use to navigate most aspects of their lives. One of my buddies who's a doctor, and my ex-wife who's a lawyer are super devout Christians! Whereas for me, a lowly educated cardboard picker, I could see the farce the Bible is perpetuating. and have read how Bible Scholars explain how the Bible came to be.
It is what many of us skeptics witnesses especially those of us who attended church regularly for some time. I was deeply involved in church activities and had the privilege of being in the inner circle. Their faith remains unshakeable and during worship the congregation's covenant with their God is so palpable, one can just go with the flow. No doubt believers of any religion are very similar as some in my family are Christians of a different denomination.

tobelightlight

Alfrescian
Loyal
i see no difference leh. i dun understand why PAP men like to choose women that can turn a virile man flaccid. and such women can even kanna affair. of course lah, only PAP men can do that. totally different breed.

It is understandable, based on normal human man reaction, that why Nicole Seah still desirable and considered hot but these 2 PAP aunties? wah lou eh.

tobelightlight

Alfrescian
Loyal
Just because the church is attended by people of status, it does not mean it is good. Many of these status people are vaccinated too, are the vaccine good?

LexLuthor

Alfrescian
Loyal
It's an attempt to substitute repentance with service in the Church. It's devotion to service in the Church that makes a person appear devout, and the person is not just trying to hoodwink you [that he has a stake in Heaven], but also the God that he believes. Why ? It's because devotion to service is a much easier task than repentance. Unlike repentance, devotion to service does NOT entail honesty, courage and determination.

For example, if you are addicted to sex outside marriage, it's easier for you to put up a false front once a week for two hours at the Church than subjecting yourself to a sexual cold turkey all night long. With service, the inner will is untouched. By outwardly serving in the Church, you gain some recognition as a "God's servant", and that goes a long way to deluding yourself that you have a stake in Heaven. It's called "ownself bluff ownself; ownself save ownself". :biggrin:

Of course, one has to believe in sins, repentance and heaven for this whole idea to work. But this another subject for another day.

Ralders

Alfrescian
Loyal
It's an attempt to substitute repentance with service in the Church. It's devotion to service in the Church that makes a person appear devout, and the person is not just trying to hoodwink you [that he has a stake in Heaven], but also the God that he believes. Why ? It's because devotion to service is a much easier task than repentance. Unlike repentance, devotion to service does NOT entail honesty, courage and determination.

For example, if you are addicted to sex outside marriage, it's easier for you to put up a false front once a week for two hours at the Church than subjecting yourself to a sexual cold turkey all night long. With service, the inner will is untouched. By outwardly serving in the Church, you gain some recognition as a "God's servant", and that goes a long way to deluding yourself that you have a stake in Heaven. It's called "ownself bluff ownself; ownself save ownself". :biggrin:

Of course, one has to believe in sins, repentance and heaven for this whole idea to work. But this another subject for another day.
Well said