• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Christmas and New Year

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Merry Christmas and best wishes to all brothers and sisters and their loved ones. Hope more scandals akan datang in 2013 from the MIW. Cheers.

GD, Merry Christmas and may your 2013 HUAT AH!!!!!!!!!!!

droopal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Merry Christmas and Bravo!

'O Sleep! it is a gentle thing,
Beloved from pole to pole!
To Mary Queen the praise be given
She sent the gentle sleep from Heaven
That slid into my soul.'

Charlie99

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
On Dec 23, 2012, our son David (age 11, an alto) sang solo, the concluding hymm, O come, divine Messiah!, at the 10 am mass, St. Michael's Cathedral. In Oct 2012, he also sang solo there. The choir boys from St. Michael's Choir School (one class per grade - the Grade 5 and 6 form the Jr Choir sing at Sunday 10am mass, whereas the Grade 7 to 12 divided into 2 form the Senior Choir, sing at the Saturday 5pm mass, and Sunday 12 noon mass) take turns to be cantor.

On Dec 25, 2012, the Jr Choir will sing at the 12 noon mass celebrated by Thomas Cardinal Collins, whereas the Senior choir will sing at the Dec 24, 8pm mass and midnight mass (also celebrated by Thomas Cardinal Collins).

Last edited:

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
On Dec 23, 2012, our son David (age 11, an alto) sang solo, the concluding hymm, O come, divine Messiah!, at the 10 am mass, St. Michael's Cathedral. In Oct 2012, he also sang solo there. The choir boys from St. Michael's Choir School (one class per grade - the Grade 5 and 6 form the Jr Choir sing at Sunday 10am mass, whereas the Grade 7 to 12 divided into 2 form the Senior Choir, sing at the Saturday 5pm mass, and Sunday 12 noon mass) take turns to be cantor.

On Dec 25, 2012, the Jr Choir will sing at the 12 noon mass celebrated by Thomas Cardinal Collins, whereas the Senior choir will sing at the Dec 24, 8pm mass and midnight mass (also celebrated by Thomas Cardinal Collins).

????? Promoting your church here ?

sirus

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Seasons Greeting to all

11742181.jpeg

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Not at all.

I do not try to change or convert any person.

It is in Toronto, and most of the forum participants do not reside in Toronto.

Ok ... Sorry bro . I thought u are trying to promoto your church like all the religion ppl I met in real life :wink:

Charlie99

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Ok ... Sorry bro . I thought u are trying to promoto your church like all the religion ppl I met in real life :wink:

I am unlike the evangelists, because I do not promote what I believe and what I do not believe.

I was just being a proud father re: son singing solo at the Cathedral (like his mother, my wife, a soprano, who "out sings" the choir at our home parish.

Cheers.

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
I am unlike the evangelists, because I do not promote what I believe and what I do not believe.

I was just being a proud father re: son singing solo at the Cathedral (like his mother, my wife, a soprano, who "out sings" the choir at our home parish.

Cheers.

I don't promoto what I don't believe too ... But when a person try to push his beliefs and try to spread delusion religiously here ... I will debunk them . I'm really glad you are not like that .

Charlie99

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I don't promoto what I don't believe too ... But when a person try to push his beliefs and try to spread delusion religiously here ... I will debunk them . I'm really glad you are not like that .

Even within any religion, for those who believe, there is a range of believers, from one to ten.

For example: for discussion purposes, let us use Judaism - there is ultra orthodox, orthodox, conservative, reformed, etc.

Believers and non-believers celebrate at this time, be it Christmas parties, days off to meet family and relatives, to take some time off to wind down, celebrate New Year.

Whereas, there are some who celebrate Christmas and Easter as religious holidays or "traditional" holidays, with its accompanying ethnic (I am speaking about the different European "groups") cuisine. My wife was raised and is used to 12 traditional courses for Christmas eve dinner.

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Even within any religion, for those who believe, there is a range of believers, from one to ten.

For example: for discussion purposes, let us use Judaism - there is ultra orthodox, orthodox, conservative, reformed, etc.

Believers and non-believers celebrate at this time, be it Christmas parties, days off to meet family and relatives, to take some time off to wind down, celebrate New Year.

Whereas, there are some who celebrate Christmas and Easter as religious holidays or "traditional" holidays, with its accompanying ethnic (I am speaking about the different European "groups") cuisine. My wife was raised and is used to 12 traditional courses for Christmas eve dinner.

What are the 12 traditional course for Christmas ? Turkey , log cake , .....? Hope u can take some photo and post it here to share with us , Im keen to know what traditional food you have .

Charlie99

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
What are the 12 traditional course for Christmas ? Turkey , log cake , .....? Hope u can take some photo and post it here to share with us , Im keen to know what traditional food you have .

She is 5 ft 7, green eyes, natural golden or blonde (starting to turn silver now), of Slavic descent.

The Christmas eve dinner is without meat.

Mushroom consomme (soup) [although some families have borscht - beet soup],
light rye and/or European rye bread (heavier than light rye),
herrings marinated in white wine and onions,
smoked white fish, smoked salmon (we try to have 2 to 3 types - smoked wild coho from the Pacific, smoked Atlantic, smoked Steelhead from Norway
- plain or smoked in apple cider or smoked in vodka),
may be smoked mackerel,
perogies (Polish but some Ukrainians also use this term [spelled perohy], instead of varenyky) with potato filling, with saukraut filling, with mushroom filling
(sometimes with prune or blue berry filling),
mushroom sauce
cabbage rolls (surprisingly filled with rice for Christmas eve, instead of pork or beef)
kutiya (made with boiled wheat kernels, vanilla, ground poppy seeds, raisin, lots of honey, chopped walnuts)
compote (boiled dried apricots, prunes, dried apples, raisins, sugar, honey, water)
makivnyk (poppy seed roll)
potica (this is in Slovenian, and I forgot what they called it in Ukrainian) - walnut and raisin roll - my favourite

Even our children look forward to Christmas eve dinner, rather than Christmas day dinner, which I do not prepare well, simply because turkey is bland, and needs cranberry sauce to make it taste more palatable.

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
She is 5 ft 7, green eyes, natural golden or blonde (starting to turn silver now), of Slavic descent.

The Christmas eve dinner is without meat.

Mushroom consomme (soup) [although some families have borscht - beet soup],
light rye and/or European rye bread (heavier than light rye),
herrings marinated in white wine and onions,
smoked white fish, smoked salmon (we try to have 2 to 3 types - smoked wild coho from the Pacific, smoked Atlantic, smoked Steelhead from Norway
- plain or smoked in apple cider or smoked in vodka),
may be smoked mackerel,
perogies (Polish but some Ukrainians also use this term [spelled perohy], instead of varenyky) with potato filling, with saukraut filling, with mushroom filling
(sometimes with prune or blue berry filling),
mushroom sauce
cabbage rolls (surprisingly filled with rice for Christmas eve, instead of pork or beef)
kutiya (made with boiled wheat kernels, vanilla, ground poppy seeds, raisin, lots of honey, chopped walnuts)
compote (boiled dried apricots, prunes, dried apples, raisins, sugar, honey, water)
makivnyk (poppy seed roll)
potica (this is in Slovenian, and I forgot what they called it in Ukrainian) - walnut and raisin roll - my favourite

Even our children look forward to Christmas eve dinner, rather than Christmas day dinner, which I do not prepare well, simply because turkey is bland, and needs cranberry sauce to make it taste more palatable.

So your wife is also not Singaporean ? How can a trational Christmas Eve dinner without turkey and ham ? I look at your menu I hungry Liao .